• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My long awaited Snuff Suede Roy Boots from Context Clothing are finally in. I ordered these back in May of 2015 and it seems like that should be too long to wait for some boots that are not an exotic shell cordovan, but the wait just makes it that much sweeter... or at least that's what I tell myself! :nodding:

Now I just need to wait a few more days for them to make it to my house.

I've been wearing mine a lot this past week. I was thinking about selling them soon after I bought them, but now that they're getting nicely broken in (and dirty) I'm loving them more and more. Hope you love yours too.

Buddha25

Reaction score
Curious how many pairs of Aldens do you guys own? I'm at two so far, I have the 966s and the 920s.

RevisIsland

Reaction score

Curious how many pairs of Aldens do you guys own?  I'm at two so far, I have the 966s and the 920s.

I dont mind sharing- I'm at 26

22 Shell
1 CXL
1 Calf
1 Suede
1 Kudu

Trying to sell three pairs and aquire one new pair to get me down to two dozen by the end of the year.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have three so far: 975, 403, and green suede LWB a la Yenni. I'm on a preorder list for a fourth, but it's been so long, who knows if it will ever happen.

I do have 21 pairs from other makers, though. :uhoh:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Three Adlens with a fourth on order. A couple of vintage Florsheims and about 15 from AE.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Saturday chill out in Bangkok w/ latest acquisitions, TSM Whiskey LHS.
Looking good my friend in your Whiskey LHSes. Is this from the last run? I got a pair and haven't had time to open it up really or anything yet.
Patent leather, Plaza last for best man duties!
Congratulations on your friends marriage. I hope that they have many happy years together. The patents are looking great and am sure it looked great with your suit/tux.
Curious how many pairs of Aldens do you guys own? I'm at two so far, I have the 966s and the 920s.
I frankly have no clue off the top of my head. I have a list though. Too many obviously. :) I am mainly Alden's now, have probably 8 Allen Edmonds still, 2 C&J's, 3 Epaulet Shell Sneakers, and a pair of Vibergs. I want a Shell Galway someday as well. -Mike

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, great few days of pic's. Dubs, Mac, Don.. all great shooz..

My old dogs as its hot today.. BB Unilned '12 that are very close to resole. I would like to do them antique welt but don't really know who does the best work on Alden resoling using Van last.

Can't wait to breakout the backup pair that's been sitting in the closet for a long time. They are old lighter #8 with dark straps.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm at five with two on order and one acquisition in the works
1st pair ever - the gateway drug: Natty CXL Indy's from Alden SF

2nd pair: Tobacco LWB's from JCrew

3rd pair: Burnished Tan WTB's from AoM

4th Pair: Suede WTB's from B+M

5th Pair: Brooks Bros Shell PTB's from eBay (1st and currently only shell)

I'm on the Leffot pre-order for the tobacco chamois LWB's, and have a pair of CXL NST's on reserve from AoM when they arrive. I have one other pair I'm hoping to to be lucky enough to get.
One of these days I'd really love to get some ravello LWB's. If I ever give up hope on that I might eventually get some 975's.
Since I'm limited on closet space, and have a daughter entering design school in the fall, that will have to be pretty much it unless something really special pops up...

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm at five with two on order and one acquisition in the works
1st pair ever - the gateway drug: Natty CXL Indy's from Alden SF

2nd pair: Tobacco LWB's from JCrew

3rd pair: Burnished Tan WTB's from AoM

4th Pair: Suede WTB's from B+M

5th Pair: Brooks Bros Shell PTB's from eBay (1st and currently only shell)

I'm on the Leffot pre-order for the tobacco chamois LWB's, and have a pair of CXL NST's on reserve from AoM when they arrive. I have one other pair I'm hoping to to be lucky enough to get.
One of these days I'd really love to get some ravello LWB's. If I ever give up hope on that I might eventually get some 975's.
Since I'm limited on closet space, and have a daughter entering design school in the fall, that will have to be pretty much it unless something really special pops up...
Great collection Sir! Your last comment made me laugh like crazy .. you can bet your bottom dollar a special makeup will come along and the flight to your Amex Card is in seconds so you don't miss the rare makeup. It happens...

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great collection Sir! Your last comment made me laugh like crazy .. you can bet your bottom dollar a special makeup will come along and the flight to your Amex Card is in seconds so you don't miss the rare makeup. It happens...

Yeah - I honestly didn't see the tobacco chamois coming, but that is such a cool shoe. But I'm pressing the button on Fall tuition tomorrow, and THAT is a reality check... :)

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at 7 earlier in the year, down to 5 now. Been on a list for a ravello cap toe from DC for about a year and a half or so.. Want to grab something in reverse tobacco chamois at some point for a bad weather boot. Other than that, a few more stock models to get before I start branching out into other brands as the rare shell wait can be a bit much at times.

loanshark

Reaction score
Currently own:
BB wintip bal #8
BB tassels #8
Leffot dovers #8
JCrew PCT boot #8
TSM longwing whiskey
fullstrap black cordovan
DC black calf plain toe bal
Epaulet Innsbruck indy
Winn Perry Little Tanks reverse chamois boots
Winn Perry Brown CXL PTB
Unlined chukka tan
Frans Boone chamois & suede saddle

I have interest in acquiring in size 9.5/10 (depending on last):
unlined snuff dover
snuff captoe boot
black cordovan boot
black cordovan longwing
ravello NST
ravello CT boot
whiskey PTB
whiskey penny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads