• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The Indys make the Saturday outing to get in line with my 14-year-old to get the new "hyped OG Jordan 8 Metallics" - I'm not entirely sure what all of that means (other than a Jordan shoe), but see where it is coming from...

Parents with nice shoes will have children with nice shoes.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This pic really captures the olive tones in my Ravello LWB. Heavily prominent on the right shoe wing.

randylahey6843

Reaction score
I have these up for grabs in the Buy Sell Trade. When you list your Alden's do you put them in Classic Men's Wear or Denim/Street Wear? Thanks much for any advice.
1473 Whiskey Shell Cordovan Chukka 9.5 Wide (E/C) Leydon Last.

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/IMG]
I wear these on the hottest days, looking for Snuff 9D now.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took the delivery of my first Indy boots - Oregon Hill from Need supply. I really like all the details on this boot with rough out chamois leather, commando sole with natural edge and finally brass eyelets with speed hooks!

White welt stitching is just a bonus which I didn't notice earlier. Few pics -

AMD500

Reaction score
Took the delivery of my first Indy boots - Oregon Hill from Need supply. I really like all the details on this boot with rough out chamois leather, commando sole with natural edge and finally brass eyelets with speed hooks!

These are great. Prob my favorite indy makeup. Lots of great details. Enjoy!

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Circ 2012

Hey does anyone know of a retailer selling Snuff Suede LHS with the light stitching on the dark welt? I've seen two versions .. one with light stitching and one with the dark stitching. Thanks..

jaasonmg

Reaction score

I picked up the same pair, really impressed with them. I've been holding out for an Indy style boot like this and it pretty much hit all the criteria I wanted. NeedSupply also putting them on sale didn't hurt either lol. Now I just have to wait for the weather to be sub 90+ degrees so I can actually wear them.

My shot. I love the texture of the rough out chamois style leather. Can't wait to see how well they age.

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y'all are killing me with the Oregon Hill pix. I have a shot at a semi-grail pair of boots later this year, and had to really restrain myself from pulling the trigger on those...

Congrats on some really awesome-looking Aldens!

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y'all are killing me with the Oregon Hill pix. I have a shot at a semi-grail pair of boots later this year, and had to really restrain myself from pulling the trigger on those...

what pair?

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^very nice. Enjoy. Great looking boot!
Thanks

These are great. Prob my favorite indy makeup. Lots of great details. Enjoy!
Thanks, yeah Biggest draw for me was commando sole with brass eyelets.

I picked up the same pair, really impressed with them. I've been holding out for an Indy style boot like this and it pretty much hit all the criteria I wanted. NeedSupply also putting them on sale didn't hurt either lol. Now I just have to wait for the weather to be sub 90+ degrees so I can actually wear them.

My shot. I love the texture of the rough out chamois style leather. Can't wait to see how well they age.
Nice, yeah got'em at almost 40% off
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
, doesn't get better than this!

Thanks, the only other Indy I like are the Natural CXL ones and yours got a great patina on them!

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
My post was really unclear - what I meant was I have a different pair in cholocate brown I hope to get this fall, and I had to really restrain myself from buying those Oregon Hill boots instead. The folks who scored those on sale are some lucky gents indeed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads