1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shunted22

shunted22 Senior member

Oh man, I just ordered some MTO Carmina SWBs (bourbon) since these are unobtanium. I hope they turn out half as nice as these pics.

2 people like this.
  2. AMD500

AMD500 Senior member

[​IMG]

great morning for a hike. reverse chamios PCT Boots.

5 people like this.
  3. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

4. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

My guess is that price sets out high enough to keep the low-ballers away, and the"Make Offer" button is the path to a more reasonable price...

5. grizzlygiant

grizzlygiant Senior member

Nope, tried negotiating with this guy for a very reasonable price and it was a no go.

6. thams

thams Senior member

Trying my best to wear them out. These Cigars go everywhere with me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  7. MysteryV

MysteryV New Member

Hey folks,

I picked up these Factory 2nd PTBs from TSM and wanted to get your thoughts around the blemish on the toe. I've had some pretty bad scuffs on my shell NSTs which I've been able to bone out in the past, but can't tell if this is a curable defect. I'm just about to send them back, but thought I'd solicit some opinions before pulling the trigger. Any thoughts are appreciated!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

On my way to the office the other day.
    These are slowly becoming my favourite pair in my small collection.

Have a great weekend friends.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. J One

J One Senior member

If you like the shoes and fit well I will keep them that is just s scratch and can be fixed with some color 8 cordovan cream and you will never see it again.

10. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I little rubbing with a wet thumb and some brushing alone should solve that, no big deal at all. Keepers!

11. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    PSA: In post-election shoe news, New Balance, who makes their shoes in the US, quickly became the first major sportswear company to publicly back U.S. president-elect Donald Trump. In a statement issued to the Wall Street Journal the Boston-based company's VP of public affairs explained New Balance's position. They tweeted, "The Obama admin turned a deaf ear to us & frankly w/ Pres-Elect Trump we feel things are going to move in the right direction." The statement can no doubt be traced back to his opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a trade deal that New Balance has long been against because of the threats it poses to U.S. footwear production.

NBs position has caused some people to burn or dispose of their NB shoes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The thought then occurred to me that Allen Edmonds and Alden still make their shoes in the US and these companies may also have been against the Trans-Pacific Partnership. This may motivate owners of AE and Alden to burn or destroy their shoes as well. This can be a personally painful process and I am volunteering myself to receive any unwanted AE or Alden shoes from forum members for, uh, "disposal". (Especially those who wear 11 EEE) Just send me a PM and I will arrange to take your entire collection off your hands. Yep, that's the kind of guy I am. Always a giver, giver, giver and never a taker. Operators are standing by.

2 people like this.
  12. MysteryV

MysteryV New Member

So thank you for the thoughts - I'm not sure if the picture does a great job of showing the actual "scratch" - but it's almost like a scar, or imperfection rather than a superficial scratch, which is why I'm a little hesitant to keep them. It's definitely beyond wet thumb, but I'm not sure how far beyond. I can try to get a better picture.

13. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

[​IMG]
    I won't be burning my USA products anytime soon. Perhaps somewhere else on the [​IMG] is a better fit for these babies..

1 person likes this.
  14. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

I would keep. They are shoes subject to many more bumps and bruises.. if this is upsetting wait to see these them in 10 years... beautiful shoes.. be thankful

15. MysteryV

MysteryV New Member

I'm very much with you - and have zero issues with normal wear as shoes are meant to be worn. I just know myself and know I will focus on that 3 line scratch if it's something that I can't get out, and for an additional couple hundred bucks, it's not worth it to test my ocd.

1 person likes this.
  16. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

^ I get that.. hit em with some #8 wax and let it sit and dry for a day. Use a micro towel to buff.

I drive a sports car with an old fashion clutch not the new paddle shifters, my shells take a beating but they still look way betters than the squared toed pieces of crap most wear... Enjoy your shells, they will outlast maybe even U.. kidding

17. bkdc

bkdc Senior member

I have a question for those of you wearing Indy boots. I know most people wear their Barrie last size when ordering Indy boots. Does anyone here wear their Aberdeen/Grant/Hampton last size with thicker padded socks with their Indy boots because this is a work boot?

18. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I wear my Barrie size. The extra room in Trubalance allows me to wear boot socks with them no problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.