1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior Member

Whiskey Conistons?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016

2. hoser133

hoser133 Well-Known Member

Lol, alright guys! I work in the water well industry and spend most of my time outside in the dirt, rain, asphalt and concrete and usually wear an 8" waterproof boot. I like to wear knee high socks for some reason. These are smart wool snowboarding socks. I've found them to stay up the easiest and are incredibly comfort. I had just gotten home from work and had to throw the boots on. I should have changed my socks before snapping a pic!

Sent from my iPhone 6s plus using Tapatalk

3. Watchman1

Watchman1 Distinguished Member

Harlech's

4. hkp2k

hkp2k Active Member

Hi All,

I am hoping that I can get some sizing advice from all of you Alden experts. I am planning on stepping up to Alden from AE for most of my work rotation, so I want to make sure to get the sizing right, but unfortunately I live in Kansas and we don't have any Alden dealers close.

I usually wear a 9.5D in most dress shoes, and I believe this to be my Brannock size as well. I wear a 9.5D in AE Strand, but also was fitted with a 10B in the Park Avenue. Both of these shoes fit pretty well.

I recently ordered the Alden 979 in a 9D following the general rule of sizing down 1/2 size, and I believe that they are too large. The length seems to be acceptable - for example when I move my foot to the front of the shoe, there is just enough room for me to fit a finger behind my heel. However, I believe that they are too wide, but I am not super knowledgeable when it comes to shoe widths, and I am new to the Barrie last.

My first inclination is that I need a size 9C which I can order from the Shoe Mart, however after reading, a size 8.5D (or even 8.5C) may be another possibility. I am hoping that some of you can help me narrow this down based off of the info below so that I have a better chance of getting the correct size on the next order.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Distinguished Member

Looks sharp! Lovely color! Wear them well.

PS: If anyone is interested in owning a pair of these...I'm putting on a GMTO over the C&J MTO thread. They'll look similar to those only without that pull tab and a different sole.

6. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

No worries man! Keep it real. :)

7. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

Fabulous Saz! Enjoy often and in the best of health my friend!

8. ReppTiePrepster

Well done my friend! I feel the same way!

9. ReppTiePrepster

Fine acquisition! Enjoy those beauties...

10. ReppTiePrepster

Exceptional boots and I really like the artistic presentation. Enjoy them often friend!

11. ReppTiePrepster

Congrats old friend!! Spectacular (even though they're not Alden)!

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Distinguished Member

@hkp2k

If you are a d size in most ae lasts you are not going to be a d in most alden lasts as a very light rule of thumb. I wear an e or eee depending on style in ae65 and a d in alden barrie, trubalance and aberdeen.I go with same length in 65 last to Alden's barrie and trubalance and go up a size for aberdeen to my TTS length.

I wear an e width in the ae 511 last also.

13. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Looking good in your Tankers a fine seconds pickup but yeah those socks stold the show. HaHa I can barely look at the boots.

Enjoy your new Grant Lasted Indy's. I love my pair. The Plaza Version is even sleeker! :)

-Mike

14. Explorer

Explorer Well-Known Member

Happy New Year 2016 to everyone. I arrived in Africa for my next work rotation with the Epaulet Alden Indy Innsbruck Chromexcel boots last week. As I have other editions of Alden Indy boots and have used them for the last 6 years in my work in Africa, I knew these boots were perfect for taming the equatorial hot humid weather of west Africa, the thin khaki soil, and the Sahara Harmattan winds. But, these Epaulet edition have something very unique - the Chromexcel color of this batch is very close to the original "The Hero" edition boots used by Harrison Ford for the Raiders of the Lost Ark. I have other Alden Indy Chromexcel boots but the color is very different and by that I mean great. I highly recommend this edition boots to everyone. Congratulations Epaulet for a job well done! George

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior Member

Great pics and commentary, good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.