• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Imagine a 5 boot collection:
1. 4065 (black captoe boot)
2. Leffot's new natty CXL wingtip
3. 403
4. Dark brown suede chukka
5. TBD

Say TBD needs to be a business casual/dressy cordovan boot. What do you choose?
Color 8
NST or WT boot, dark edges.
Plaza last would be my choice.

100 yrs

Reaction score

Those shoes are looking very good. Do you need the support of the modified? Just curious...

not really the support per se, but the narrow waist and high heel cup is a big plus. i have a narrow heel/normal width forefoot and it just so happens this in one of the few alden shoe models/lasts that i can make work. although i didn't go out searching specifically for the modified, just had the chance to go into anatomica on my honeymoon a few years ago and got fitted and they had my size.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in getting the Leffot color 8 Naval boot in a 10.5D Barrie? Last year's order just came in and I've decided to not purchase. You would be paying me $140 to take over my spot at Leffot. Full cost is $725, so you'd pay Leffot the balance. To be clear, the boots are in, you would get them quickly, and they only come around 1-2 times a year.

PM me if interested...

ATLVol

Reaction score
I am trying to decide between 2 new boots from Leffot, the natural CXL wingtip and the color 8 naval boot.

Although I don't have a natural CXL boot, I do have natural CXL longwings and brown CXL nst boots. Also have snuff shortwing boots on plaza and reverse chamois shortwing boots.

I don't have a color 8 boot, but do have color 8 tassels and monks. Also have cigar captoe boots from DC and have color 8 NST boots on plaza on preorder.

Thoughts?

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am trying to decide between 2 new boots from Leffot, the natural CXL wingtip and the color 8 naval boot.

Although I don't have a natural CXL boot, I do have natural CXL longwings and brown CXL nst boots. Also have snuff shortwing boots on plaza and reverse chamois shortwing boots.

I don't have a color 8 boot, but do have color 8 tassels and monks. Also have cigar captoe boots from DC and have color 8 NST boots on plaza on preorder.

Thoughts?
Been lurking for a while now, so I apologize for coming out of the woods to chime in. In any event, I just grabbed the natural CXL wingtips. I love those especially with the commando sole. I like both, but I always lean to lighter colors of leather and more casual boots. I've also never been a huge fan of color 8/burgundy. That's blasphemy I know haha!

ATLVol

Reaction score
Been lurking for a while now, so I apologize for coming out of the woods to chime in. In any event, I just grabbed the natural CXL wingtips. I love those especially with the commando sole. I like both, but I always lean to lighter colors of leather and more casual boots. I've also never been a huge fan of color 8/burgundy. That's blasphemy I know haha!

I kind of feel the same way.....when I wear boots, it is typically more casual with jeans/chinos.

To be honest, I did not know I was on the preorder for the naval boots. I had emailed about them, but never heard back until I got the email Friday.

Part of me feels that I should have at least one color 8 boot, but I do have the NST coming sometime down the line.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
I kind of feel the same way.....when I wear boots, it is typically more casual with jeans/chinos.

To be honest, I did not know I was on the preorder for the naval boots. I had emailed about them, but never heard back until I got the email Friday.

Part of me feels that I should have at least one color 8 boot, but I do have the NST coming sometime down the line.
I would go with the natty cxl since you have a color 8 nst coming. That's an awesome color 8 boot and covers you there and you can sell the other(s) in color 8. JMO.

sansimeon

Reaction score
Hi guys, first time posting in this thread.

I just picked up my first pair of shell Aldens and wanted to ask your opinion on their condition. Both shoes are pretty uneven in color and they both have what looks like dye stains on the lining and sole. Is that normal? Never seen anything like it. They are also way more purple than my other color 8 shoes that are more red/black-ish.

Got them for a good price on eBay so I don't mind the stains, just wondering if I managed to buy home dyed fake Aldens or something..

Last edited:

shunted22

Reaction score
Too hot for boots? Probably, but I am indoors all day today. Cigar CT from AoM (Barrie)...

Deets on the pants? Seersucker?

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got them for a good price on eBay so I don't mind the stains, just wondering if I managed to buy home dyed fake Aldens or something.
I think you picked up a nice pair of wingtip bluchers. I have a pair of similar shortwing bluchers on commando/barrie that have some color 8 splatter on the inside lining. They too have some awkward splotching of dye on the vamp. It is very difficult to see unless you're looking for it under bright light. Not terribly happy with it, but I don't really notice it. In fact I didn't notice the splotchiness on the vamp until someone here mentioned it on the exact same shoe. Still love it... (You can see the splotchy spot on the vamp in this first pic)

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deets on the pants? Seersucker?
Not seersucker, but they are similar. The are J Crew Ludlow slim fit, cotton suiting pants. They have very thin red and white lines. They are hard to pick up on my pics. Unless you are up close they look like they could be pink pants.

Wearing the exact same boots today. I was going to take and post a picture, but why bother now?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Great boots that should get some consideration even during the summer! Enjoy them my friend!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads