1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watchman1

Watchman1 Distinguished Member

@ATLVol

I would not worry about that. If I took those to my cobbler he would cut it off for free.

2. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Your Color #2 and #4 collection is looking mighty fine. A whole set of unobtainables. -Mike

3. postal007

postal007 Senior Member

I'd say the unlined chukka in Leydon last in Snuff Suede, but others may include a Snuff Suede Indy (Jcrew or Alden factory shop), Chocolate Suede Tanker (Leathersoul), or Snuff Suede Wingtip (Leffot or Brick+Mortar)

https://www.alden-of-carmel.com/shoes-snuff-suede-chukka-boot-364.htm

4. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

I know this is probably not the place to ask this, but I wanted to see if any of my trusted Alden brothers have tried out Thursday Boot Company products. They certainly look pretty good, use quality materials, and I believe they are made in the US.

At $199 for chrmxl boots (PT, CT, indy look-alike, etc...) they seem like they're worth a try. Has anyone given them a try?

Sorry if this is blasphemous, but I was intrigued.

5. mdubs

I love my Snuff Suede WT Boot on Plaza from Leffot. There are some crazy nice Plaza Suede NSTs at Skoat also.

-Mike

6. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Distinguished Member

Had a pair from their initial run, the natural cxl indy knockoff. IIRC, they are made in mexico.

The construction was lackluster, the leather looked/smelt horrible, like no cxl I've ever seen/handled. they also dug horribly into my foot, almost like modified last on steroids.

Ended up giving them away.

7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Distinguished Member

I have not but some trusted folks from the Viberg thread I believe if I recall correctly,who actually wore them more than once a month said they started to have problems after a year. I would imagine they are probably fine at that price point worn in the rotations most have here.

Edit: Much better answer posted prior to mine!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016

8. mdubs

Gentlemen, I thought I would get some more group thoughts on this matter, I thought that it would be good to add this to the main FAQ posting, what does everyone recommend in terms of belts for each color of Shell offered by Alden. I have been very fortunate to have been in the game long enough to have Alden Shell Belts, so I don't have much to offer in terms of advice here, but as they are not offered at this point in time and I don't see that changing in the forseeable future, what do you guys recommend, links are preferred... I only have a few days left to edit the first post... I will say that I know AE makes Shell Belts in Black, 8, and Brown, that Rancourt offers (now a limited) selection of Shell Belts, and that BB carries Canadian made Shell Belts...

Thanks,
    Mike

9. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

10. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

Where? Skoat?

11. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Distinguished Member

I'm only now starting to get into Indys and love this makeup.

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Distinguished Member

Speaking of Indy's...since I decided to keep these(below), I vowed to wear them once a week so they do not end up in the disappointment rarely worn category. So I have a few pairs of Alden's with this welt, the Brown CXL's, Black Calf and snuff Suede Indy's I believe all have it. I am sure it is not plastic however it is very plastic'ish looking. I am think they may call it natural but not really sure. While I like the contrast between welt and sole I have often thought this welt looked a shade off...sort of like too much towards a cardboard color while I think a few shades lighter than antique might be nicer looking.

I am not complaining just curious if anyone else has felt this way about this particular welt color and has anyone gone about and colored it? Also the earth chamois is like sticky paper for dog hair...lol

[​IMG]

and my pant leg is not really as wide as it appears in this photo...

13. Rstldr

Rstldr Senior Member

Alden X Leathersoul UI for a rainy day in NE FL.
    [​IMG]

14. mdubs

It finally stopped raining here in California, so here are some pictures of my new Black Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Boots on the Grant Last (4065HC) via Alden DC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

15. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Distinguished Member

Hello San Diegoan ,

I graciously request you not complain about your rain.

Sincerely,

People of everywhere else

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.