• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyB

Reaction score
My small (but growing) family:

Back row, left to right, all #8 but dark due to poor lighting: Indy on Plaza from Frans Boone, chukkas (my first Alden), Alt Wien from Epaulet, LWBs
Front row, left to right: Ravello NST from TSM, snuff suede chukkas, tan suede chukkas, Ravello LWBs from AoC

I live abroad but usually go to the US once a year around Christmas, so this time four green boxes were waiting for me - the Ravello NSTs (finally!), the Epaulet Alt Wiens and the two suede chukkas. (There are shoe trees for the chukkas, I promise, just not where I took this picture.)

topp

Reaction score

Back row, left to right, all #8 but dark due to poor lighting: Indy on Plaza from Frans Boone, chukkas (my first Alden), Alt Wien from Epaulet, LWBs
Front row, left to right: Ravello NST from TSM, snuff suede chukkas, tan suede chukkas, Ravello LWBs from AoC

I live abroad but usually go to the US once a year around Christmas, so this time four green boxes were waiting for me - the Ravello NSTs (finally!), the Epaulet Alt Wiens and the two suede chukkas. (There are shoe trees for the chukkas, I promise, just not where I took this picture.)

stunning Ravello NST

kelpqq

Reaction score
Customized snuff suede indys for rainy day, love all the family shots been posted so far. Waiting on my Leffot color 8 Longwings to completed the family

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello everyone I am newbie here. Just fall in love with Alden shell cordovan... Cheer
Welcome Expect your collection to double or triple in short order

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alden Color 8 Cap Toe Boot. Epaulet Charcoal Houndstooth Slacks.
-Mike
Nice, Mike I just picked up the 4060 to complement my 4065 (my most worn Alden boot). Can't wait to break it in. Photos this weekend.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Nice, Mike

I just picked up the 4060 to complement my 4065 (my most worn Alden boot). Can't wait to break it in. Photos this weekend.

Thanks Albi! Coincidentally, I just got the 4065 on Wednesday, so I have now completed my Cap Toe Boot collection, I have it in every main shade of Shell (Whiskey is from C&J though, and Navy is from AE, but someday I will get them converted to Alden's). Looking forward to seeing your photos bud!

Customized Snuff Suede Indys for rainy day, love all the family shots been posted so far. Waiting on my Leffot color 8 Longwings to completed the family

The Snuff Suede Indy is a fantastic boot. Yours look superb!

Indy for today

Keeping it classic in your Indy Boots! Wear them in good health today!

Tommy, you have a terrific collection going on there. I was wondering why your Ravello NSTs were unworn. I thought that we had another @tifosi on our hands, but your explanation makes sense... Enjoy your 4 new green guys!!!!

Hello everyone

I am newbie here. Just fall in love with Alden shell cordovan...

Cheer

Welcome to the thread Topp, you have a great collection going there. Joining this page is a dangerous activity... Enjoy them all in good health!

-Mike

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ravello NST from TSM

Welcome to the forums sir!

Would you mind expounding upon your latest acquisition of the NST boot? Am I interpreting your post correctly in that you aquired those new this year? ...I thought they haven't been produced again for years! Congraduations either way!

When I wish upon a shooting star it's always a toss up of three things: world peace, ending global hunger, and Alden Ravello boots.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Tommy, you have a terrific collection going on there. I was wondering why your Ravello NSTs were unworn. I thought that we had another @tifosi on our hands, but your explanation makes sense... Enjoy your 4 new green guys!!!!

-Mike

Hey! I wore a pair of previously unworn boots, today, for your information @mdubs . They just weren't Aldens!

Welcome to the forums sir!

Would you mind expounding upon your latest acquisition of the NST boot? Am I interpreting your post correctly in that you aquired those new this year? ...I thought they haven't been produced again for years! Congraduations either way!

When I wish upon a shooting star it's always a toss up of three things: world peace, ending global hunger, and Alden Ravello boots.

The latest of Ravello NST was delivered in about Feb. of this year. I believe the OP said he only gets to the US once per year.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Customized snuff suede indys for rainy day, love all the family shots been posted so far. Waiting on my Leffot color 8 Longwings to completed the family

These look great! Please share the longwings when you get them.

have a good weekend

DuckOB

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice collection. I am pissed I didn't pull the trigger on those most beautiful snuff alt wien's. Must have looked at them 1000 times. Those are my fav's in your amazing collection. Chip

[/SPOILER]
No words DV, wow!
Nobody rocks the light denim/color 8 combo quite like you Chip. Nicely done.

My friend, Indiana Jones would be very proud of your collection. You should try a pair of Shoes, they are very nice as well. The Tobacco Chamois Indy is pretty rad.

A fantastic looking LWB from Dublin.

Your Black Lady's are looking superb my friend. Enjoy your boots and snow!

Looking good in your classic 990's. +1 for the Apple Argyles.

Reppie, your Brownvellos SF are looking very terrific, good color in that photo. Your Crews were looking good as well yesterday...

They go up a few bucks each February.

Your Suede collection is rather impressive. Enjoy them in good health!

Your Color 8 Tankers are looking superb my friend. Keep dry.

@bl@ster , I knew that you would love Yenni's makeup.

Your Cigar WT Boots are looking superb, darn, I need to get mine out.

Your Whiskeys are looking good my friend. I love the Whiskey PTB personally, it is my favorite PTB.

@MrVenneri , your Whiskey LWBs and CHUPs were looking great, Shockwave did not want me to quote you as it locked up Chrome twice.

-Mike

thanks for the kind words gentlemen.
Chip, get them next time.

Wet day here on the desert. AoM #8 that looks like Cigar ... Tanker, Antiqie Storm Welt. Heavy Ribbed BB All Cotton Tan Crew Sock, Orvis Flannel with some leather detailing, and of course 501's.
Outstanding boots. Great photo.
NYC Cigar Wingtip Boots x Chup Socks
8067B83C-B691-4F79-95E0-029893CD07B0_zpscwdmdcbw.jpg
Really nice combo sir. Killer boots.
I used to feel the same way, until I got a pair of Whiskey PTBs. Changed my opinion completely. Now I really want a Cigar plain toe boot.
They don't always photograph well, but I think it's a lovely style, especially in Whiskey.

Sweet ptbs. I think they really showcases shell cordovan. My ravello on commando is one of my favorite pairs. Good luck with that cigar pt boot.
Alden Color 8 Cap Toe Boot.
Epaulet Charcoal Houndstooth Slacks.

-Mike
Looking good dubs. Narrow grant is pure win.

Hello everyone
I am newbie here. Just fall in love with Alden shell cordovan...
Very nice collection. Still looking for my first v-tip.

Very nice family photo. Your ravello boots are
bounce2.gif

Sweet boots sir. What was customized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads