1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trig

trig Senior member

thanks, i was contemplating it in regards to purchasing 8d in plaza/grant

2. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

[​IMG]

New AF53s today. Figured that by the time boot weather rolls around, it would be too late. They're stunning.

4 people like this.
  3. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ravello tassel

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    4 people like this.
  4. Fashionablemale

Fashionablemale Senior member

I recently found these Aldens in a thrift shop. I am really struggling to find the model since it doesn't seem to follow the typicl pattern. I would appreciate any help someone could provide[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Saz, those look stupendous! Hope that they treated you well today!
    Always a good day to go with the King. Looking good andiandi!
    That is the beauty of Shell Cordovan right there. It just gets nicer with each step we take.
    You should be. All Alden stock models are exquisite. They are tried and true and stock models for a reason. Enjoy your 9751's in good health.
    A nice makeup from our friends at AoC. Your King PT Boots are looking good and that is a healthy looking lawn you got going on there!
    The Mac Attack strikes again. Those Ravello Tassel loafers are a thing of beauty. They are nicely paired with your ensemble including the best of argyles. Hope that they took good care of you today.
    Those look to me to be a Burnished Tan Calfskin V-Tip Tassel Loafer. A pretty cool model and it is model number 6040. For more specifics, you can E-mail Alden's general account and see if they can backfill you more. -Mike

1 person likes this.
  6. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Tuesday. Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan NST Loafers. Marcoliani Navy Argyles OTC. Brooks Bros Navy Houndstooth Trousers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

6 people like this.
  7. gatszu

gatszu Senior member

Very exquisite @mdubs!

8. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Hmmm... wonder how bad those scratches are...

9. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Wearing my new Leffot Cooney boots today and I am loving the Aberdeen last. I have one other pair on the Aberdeen, but I've never worn them.

These look great and I really like the fit. The combo of suede and the Flex soles makes these things feel like slippers! The suede is a bit shaggier than another pair of suede boots I have from another maker and I dig it.

Already wondering if any retailer makes a suede derby shoe on Aberdeen...????

10. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

What a coincidence! I happen to be wearing these today. And congrats on the Cooney, they're a lovely makeup.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

^^^ You've inspired me...maybe I'll...

Naaaaahhhhhh. I won't. LOL

12. sazon

sazon Senior member

Whiskey Wednesday. Only I didn't get the golden ticket for these in whiskey.

:embar:

Color 8 in different lighting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  13. sazon

sazon Senior member

Thanks Chippy !

14. kelpqq

kelpqq Senior member

Beauties. Always liked your shoes laces. Where did you get the round ones?

15. Irish

Irish Senior member

I just received a pair of Dover PTB 2nds from Shoe Mart, unlined in brown CXL. They certainly look good enough to keep, but they are a shade tighter than I expected. I always marvel at the knowledge people have here, so I'd appreciate any thoughts on whether:

1) it is common for the unlined PTB to run tight? or 2) whether I can expect the unlined/CXL to give more than most shoes and allow some more room as they break in?

[​IMG]

They're not uncomfortable, but as you can see in the picture--the eyelets are pretty far apart. Too far?

FYI, I am 11.5 D in Leydon (suede PTB and chukka) and 11 C in Indy, and went with 11 D on these CXL PTBs. These are my first try w/ Barrie.

16. fal32

fal32 Senior member

17. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Well, I'm sure you'll get more authoritative opinions than mine, but the CXL should give some. An It seems like an 11D would be the right choice for someone who wears an 11 C in TrueBalance.

Are they "these seem a tad tight" or "hmmm...I want these to work but they're kinda tight..." That last and a blucher design should be pretty forgiving IMHO...

18. kelpqq

kelpqq Senior member

PSA: loads of Aldens at Need Supply Co. website @ 25% off. Gents, hold on to your wallet.

19. troika

troika Senior member

FYI Handful of boots on sale at need supply: oregon hill indy, navy hill indy, brown pebble grain plain toe, navy cxl plain toe, seven hills indy, church hill indy

20. galileo

galileo Senior member

Just sold my Indy 401, how shall I match for the Oregon Hill Indy? To me it's a great versatile work boot for most occasions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.