• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatszu

Reaction score
@mdubs we could have carpooled
1f602.png

Whirling

Reaction score

@mdubs we could have carpooled
1f602.png

I grew up in San Diego and visit my parents there from time to time. Last time, I wore my Truman Boofs...but with all the SD/Alden talk, perhaps next time I will wear some of my Aldens...enjoying my tan alpine-grained modified captoe boots...but I feel my Barrie-last #8 chukkas might be more appropriate in SoCal.

Last edited:

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless my Internet skills are really poor, it looks like Jos Bank hasn't had any shoe trees for a while. I need to pick up two or three pairs, who else has decent deals on shoe trees?

bantone

Reaction score
Wife is heading to San Diego next week for some training, really wishing Alden of SD was a real shop now haha

Ha I wish it was for you too :) I'm going to San Francisco in July so you KNOW I'm going to be shopping for some Aldens.

Still trying to build my #aldenarmy. May add some Cap Toe Black Cordovans for suits since I will have to go to some all-black military functions for my family. I will probably replace my Rancourt Loafers (obviously not shown here) with some Aldens. Or I could do good with some dress boots...

gatszu

Reaction score
I'm going to NorCal Memorial Day weekend. Will definitely try to hit up some Alden shops :)

seasquirrel

Reaction score

As someone with wide feet, Hampton in 10E is my best fitting "normal" last (not counting modified). My color 8 and black balmorals are total workhorses for me.

Rank of best lasts for wide feet (IMO)

Modified
Hampton
Grant
Trubalance
Plaza
Barrie
Aberdeen
Van
Leydon

Unfortunately for me, one of the worst looking Alden shoes I have ever purchased was a color 8 captoe boot, plaza lasted, 10E - for some reason, that particular model looked like a square toe Aldo boot in the E width. I had to return it

Argh, yes I feel the wide foot pain. I also found Plaza in extra wide to have a bit of that Aldo look (I tried some EE width).

Do they do Grant in EE+ width? I'd love some Grant captoe boots.

I love my Modified shoes, but they only do EE+ width Modified boots on special order, and those are almost never available. :-(

totalair1

Reaction score
Inboxed the AoM Whiskey shell tankers. I like the color which is slightly darker than the whiskey from a few years ago. It's very vibrant and Carmel like which should age well. I like the pull tab on the back of the boot too.

Steve

Matty123

Reaction score
Unless my Internet skills are really poor, it looks like Jos Bank hasn't had any shoe trees for a while. I need to pick up two or three pairs, who else has decent deals on shoe trees?
Massdrop.com has a great deal on Woodlore shoe trees right now. Two pair for 34.99 plus S+H. works out to about 20 dollars per pair. I joined this drop last time they had it. the trees are great. Best trees available at that price point IMO. you jut have to register for the site. its free and they have some very cool drops.

PS: there is only two days left on the drop, so act fast.

Last edited:

stevefok

Reaction score

DV, your plaza cigar WT boots are out this world!!

Inboxed the AoM Whiskey shell tankers. I like the color which is slightly darker than the whiskey from a few years ago. It's very vibrant and Carmel like which should age well. I like the pull tab on the back of the boot too.

Steve

Arrival of another unicorn! Your new whiskey tankers looks absolutely amazing!!

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@totalair1 Are those Barrie or Aberdeen? Congrats either way! Fantastic boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads