• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's 14oz in Berlin. They have a couple wingtip whiskey boots. They are all E width on the 379x last. I talked to them this morning. They had a 9E but ultimately decided I don't love the last much and they were probably too big for me. Plus I got in on the cigar Indy yesterday.

Send them a email or call to see what they have.

They also have an 8E.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar SWB from AOM

Cigar Tuesday. Alden Cigar Shortwing Bluchers. Marcoliani Navy Argyles OTC. Brooks Brothers Navy Houndstooth Slacks.

fantastic choice gentlemen. i like those a little more every time i see them.
Now I am pretty apprehensive to share these, but others have already... Alden Whiskey Tanker Boots both in the shade and in the sun. Along with comparison for color purposes with the Ravello NSTs that I wore yesterday as well as my Whiskey Indy Boots from last year. I was warned that the 2016 Whiskey was a little darker, but its still a nice color.

outstanding tankers mayor. one of alden's finest.

postal007

Reaction score

AoM: "One thing we have decided moving forward is that we will play favorite to people who shop here regularly. If you have not purchased any shoes from our store, we may pass over your response for someone who has proven to be a loyal customer. We like to reward those who have helped make our store so successful all these years. Picking up your next pair here could go a long way in the future."

As someone who benefited from the "loyal customers" exception here, I must say I'm a bit sheepish. I think I replied within 30 minutes. I've only purchased two pairs from Alden Madison, one was the long Ravello preorder that got delayed which I converted into a Cigar Cap Toe Boot, and another was a Color 8 Chukka on commando a few months ago. I'm sure there were customers that have purchased more from them and I wonder where I was vis-a-vis everyone else. In any case, having been on both sides of this situation before, I don't think there's a perfect way to do it, and I certainly understand it was a gift for me to get in ahead of others who responded faster.

postal007

Reaction score
Also, Jcrew's 30% off TIMETOSHOP code is good for all Aldens, including shell. Slim pickings left (in shell). Some nice non-shell makeups, including the green suede wingtip boot and tan country calf PT boot (which I picked up).

Last edited:

dennnnis777

Reaction score
Now I am pretty apprehensive to share these, but others have already... Alden Whiskey Tanker Boots both in the shade and in the sun. Along with comparison for color purposes with the Ravello NSTs that I wore yesterday as well as my Whiskey Indy Boots from last year. I was warned that the 2016 Whiskey was a little darker, but its still a nice color.

Next to Ravello NSTs worn yesterday.

Color comparison with 2015 Whiskey Indy Boots.

Plan to do the normal photo shoot tomorrow, but may take a day or so to post the pics.

-Mike

It really looking spectacular!

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar longwings this am:

Jfowles1401

Reaction score
[ATTACHMENT=12899]image.jpg (1,499k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Waxed LWB. Need some more shell in my life.

Jfowles1401

Reaction score

This time with the pic. Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics