1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tricky

tricky Senior member

Congrats :)

2. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

They don't stock A,B,C or E anymore. What you see on the website reflects that there's still an older pair in stock (maybe a 7.5 A) in that narrow width. The recent restocks have all been D only, and the 346 Madison location definitely only has Ds in all sizes. I'd be surprised, with the scarcity of shell, if BB starts stocking different widths again at any point. At this point it looks unlikely that they'll even be stocking anything but their loafers at all, considering how long it's been since anything else has had a restock.

3. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Yeah, the BB Madison store has been pretty barren recently in terms of cordovan sizes. I purchased a 10E wingtip from them years ago, which was a good model, but I haven't really seen it restocked since. I remember when they had the whiskey unlined LHS readily available there as well. Those were the days.

4. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

I experience the same thing.

5. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

6. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

No, those are Scotch Grain Calfskin on Plaza from TheShoeMart. Made in 2005 per the date code inside. Could be 2015 but I'm pretty sure they have not had this makeup in a few years, which leads me to believe it was from 2005.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

Damn! How'd you locate that image? I saw the insole and tried searching around TSM but couldn't locate it. Either way they are a beautiful pair of boots, shame they're a half size small for me.

8. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

TSM keeps old photos around on their servers even when the models are no longer available. Some sleuthing revealed the style details along with the picture.

9. ironclad

ironclad Senior member

Thanks, Mike! I got them from one of the Epaulet "Ends for Friends" events. Pretty sure they are Barberis Flannel. As for the socks, I'm 100$ in agreement. Not the most tasteful combo that day...

10. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I bought a pair of those from Shoe Mart January 2008 for $310. They were like the 3rd or 4th pair of Aldens I ever bought.

11. ironclad

ironclad Senior member

Gorgeous shoes, great pants, killer combo.

Short Wing > Long Wing

1 person likes this.
  12. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Damn thats a really cool make up.

13. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Quote:I'm kind of wondering what belt pairs with choco suede? I'd want a 35mm or 38mm to be more in the casual zone and to ear with jeans. I've poked around a bit and I don't see anyone that makes a suede 35/38mm belt that matches that tone very well - most are much to "brown" vs. the 85% Cacao of that shade of suede... (I just like to say "shade of suede" /calvinandhobbes)

14. tps3443

tps3443 Active Member

I just realized but, when I bought my Alden Epaulet boots on eBay. Turns out, I ended up buying them directly from the owner of Epaulet.

Thanks Mike.K

The eBay name was different. But, I thought I recognized the name when it showed up on PayPal.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  15. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

Ravello Tuesday. Hope everyone had a great weekend

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Not a huge number of sizes left, but this Allen Edmonds belt is 35mm and pretty cheap at the moment. It's also significantly darker than it appears in the web pictures.
    [​IMG]

17. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

Hope everybody had a good long weekend!

For me, this weekend was filled with good family, friends, food, and shoes!

@gatszu and I had a nice meet up over at @BROGUE in Menlo Park, and as always, Mack and Momo were awesome hosts! Before I had to leave to prep my grill, Mack helped size me for a replacement pair of snuff suede chukkas to replace my previous too large pair. I couldn't wait to break them in and wore them while working the grill that afternoon (and thankfully managed to prevent anything from getting on them!).

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  18. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

That looks a lot closer than the one I saw at the AE Outlet - that looks pretty good! They do have my size...

19. 89826

89826 Senior member

I don't think it is a scarcity of (#8 and black) shell. My source at Alden hq has told me that Brooks is not ordering as much as it used to.

I think the best way to combat this is to get in touch with the Brooks corporate office and let the shoe buyer know. Call or send an email. I don't think it is wise for me to post names. I myself am jonesing for some #8 wingtips and ptbs.

20. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

@tricky , those Snuff Chukkas are looking beautiful. I hope that you got the right fit. They should fit nicely, but somewhat snugly, as they will certainly stretch.

My man, BK, looking great in your Ravello NST Boots. Great shot for @tifosi to digest.

Very nice looking LWB Cool! Its always fun to see the Cigar LWB with the dark edges.

Nice looking Indy boots @SLCRich , they are looking very good with your denim. Glad that they are feeling great! Thats the way that it is supposed to be!

@M635Guy and @JSO1 and any others, congratulations on your new Leffot purchases! They make some fantastic models and the ones released today are no exception. I hope that they come quickly to you guys! Enjoy them!

Yeah, I am afraid that the Color #8 and Antique NST Boot is pretty well covered at this point with Leffot, Madison, Context, and B+M all offering a variant of it. Not to mention the Color #8 and Antique Indy Boots that are now available.

Don, the older JCrew makeups are incredible and this is no exception. I hope that you enjoyed them today!

Looking great in your Cigar Shortwings today @JSO1 . I hope that they took good care of you today!

Congratulations on your new pickup of those Color #8 Unlined LHSes via BB via eBay. They look spectacular and glad that you were able to score your size!

Henry, those Ravellos just keep getting better and better!

IC, gotcha, that totally makes sense. Yeah, I have made a number of sock decisions that I promptly regretted after leaving the house... ;-)

@FaRKle , congratulations on your visit to @BROGUE ! Looks like you guys had a good visit!

-Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.