1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

Here to my brother from another mother! [​IMG]

2. tricky

tricky Senior member

I connected with Yenni about a pair of unlined snuff chucka boots and provided the following sizing info:

I'm typically size 11 average width TTS.

I wear average width 10.5 in Barrie and Trubalance and flex sole Van loafer, and 11 in Hampton. 

Grant shell boots in 11 were tight across the top of my foot but length was good.

Based on this she recommended 11 E in the Leyden last because it's tighter in the toebox.

I'll take Yenni's advice but am curious whether any of you with average width feet take E width in the Leydon last.

Thanks

EDIT - Ugh...A simple search of this thread shows this has been covered and most seem to follow the advice provided to me by Yenni.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Ravello on Leydon
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  4. tricky

tricky Senior member

I received mine yesterday and returned them today. The condition of them was fine but the 405s definitely fit more snug than my 403s. If I was to wear with my standard Chups I would have needed to go TTS vs half down like my 403s.

5. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

More search, less posts...newb
    j/k dude!
    Those sound like a terrific makeup. Love suede!

6. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

Leffot only orders E widths in the unlined chukkas.....from their site:

Sizing: The Leydon Last runs narrow. We recommend ordering one width wider than your standard US size.

7. tricky

tricky Senior member

Haha thanks guys. I was seriously lazy on this one. Appreciate it!

8. ah Mo

ah Mo Member

Great
    We are all addicted to Alden

9. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

This is exactly how Leffot sized mine when I purchased them years ago.
    Enjoy the chukka's, they're great for this time of year.

Why not get them from LF in Y-Ville?

10. arrow

arrow Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  11. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Thanks Bud!

@ATLVol , sweet looking Whiskey Shortwings. I had a pair, but they were not my ideal size, so I parted with them, but its a lovely makeup. Hope that you enjoyed Whiskey Wednesday.

@ATLVol , great looking Snuff Suede Semi-Brogue. These are amazingly readily available, but rarely seen. I actually really like them, I may someday add a pair to my rotation, but I am trying to draw a line somewhere, since this is a rabit hole, see below.

@masaccio , I am more than glad to help you out here bro. I am pretty sure my wife wouldn't be quite as pleased though... ;-) Glad to help her become more educated on the various shades of shell. Next time, just open up my blog and let her peruse that. It has shop locations listed next to makeups, maybe she will start ordering them for you???

Very nice collection of photos @Burzan , looks like you are really enjoying your summer suedes.

Your welcome for looking! They are looking very nice! Lovely old shade of Cigar.

Not a problem Henry! There are just a ton of splendid Alden Black Shell Cordovan makeups out there for you to consider some day. Although they do not get a ton of camera time here, Black Shell models are pretty rad.

You and your killer foxxing based Navy Suede Tassels. Those are killer Don! Love them and you wear them so stylishly.

Another great pair of the Harrison Aberdeen Shortwing Bluchers. Where is DV's pair to add in the trifecta? Looking great @JSO1 , happy Whiskey Wednesday!

Killing it as normal in your LS special Ravello PTBs. I hope that you enjoyed them today and that they took good care of you!

Amen.

Very nice @arrow , love the B+M plug on the first pic. But seriously, those Graintrippers are really quite lovely and impressive. I hope that you enjoyed them today!

-Mike

2 people like this.
  12. mdubs

Whiskey Wednesday in San Diego. Alden x TSM Whiskey Shell Cordovan LWBs. Pantherella x AldenDC Blue Socks. Epaulet Navy Lambswool Flannel Walt Trousers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

5 people like this.
  13. ah Mo

ah Mo Member

Today's look
    Hello from Hong Kong
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. mdubs

Looking great in your Color 8 Indy Boots, are those the Plaza version? Kind of looks like it to me, but hard to tell from the angle... :)

-Mike

15. ah Mo

ah Mo Member

Hi, Mike
    Yes, it's plaza last
    You are a dictionary of Alden

16. tps3443

tps3443 Active Member

All these shoes are so clean looking.

Bought my Alden's day before yesterday. Will have them soon. This is my first pair so I am excited.

Alden Michigan Innsbruck Epaulet boot in brown. Going to use them in rotation as a work boot with my 1000 mile boots.

Ready to try them on , I will post up some pics as soon as they come in. I have not seen to many of these around.

17. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Hey Alden armies on SF, earlier this year, I sent 7 pairs of shoes back to Alden for restoration, I wrote up a review for the restoration service and thought you guys may be interested. Check out the review in here: http://stevefok316.weebly.com/

Here are some before and after photos of a few pairs, hope you guys enjoy it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    7 people like this.
  18. ah Mo

ah Mo Member

Thanks Steve

19. mdubs

Ha. Good to see my Last eye is still working! ;-)
    Congrats on your new purchase! I hope that you enjoy your new Alden's and get many years of use out of them.
    Steve, great review! It's always great to see feedback on Alden's restoration. Based upon your write up, I can assume that no notes were left on any pairs requesting that they don't get refinished. Thanks for taking the time to do the before and after pics. The antique edge on the Whiskey LHSes makes such a huge difference! -Mike

20. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Link isn't working for me :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.