The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Personally I'm a big fan of commando on Indy boots, but if you want to dress it up slightly double leather will look good for sure.

2. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

leather sole w/ topy is what I have on mine. I preferred the lower 'profile' of this vs commando sole and the topy helps with traction

[​IMG]

3. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Snazzy Boots Disco.
    Terrific looking Ironsides!
    Terrific looking classic Indy Boots!
    Looking superb! Too bad I am stuck in freezing Boston right now. Doesn't even remotely feel like Spring here.
    Dang Don. Those are just fantastic. Those Ravellos, Argyles, and Slacks are all just terrific.
    DV, those Whiskey non-Tankers are just glorious. :)
    BK, those are looking terrific and DiscoV would be proud. :) -Mike

4. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Alden x Frans Color 8 Boone Dr. Jones Boot. Marcoliani Navy Argyles OTC. Epaulet Navy Donegal Tweed Walt Trousers. Alden Color 8 Shell Belt. Brooks Bros. Blue OCBD. Brioni Purple Necktie. Brooks Bros. Navy Cashmere Sweater. Epaulet x Southwick Glaswegian Harris Tweed Sportcoat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

5. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

More AF53.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016

6. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

7. crille88

crille88 New Member

Dear Alden-community,

I've been a long time lurker and recently pulled the trigger and ordered a pair of 975's from an online store in the UK. Received the shoes today, and I just wanted to check if these flaws are normal and acceptable, or if I should return the shoes.

First of the perforation on one of the toes is not done correct. It seems that the punch did not go through one of the holes. This might be fixable, I just don't want to poke around there with anything sharp...

Second, and more worrisome is that the leather on the other shoe just above the sole, feels dry/cracked and a bit grainy. What is your opinion on that? Acceptable or not?

As I said this is my first pair of Aldens, and I'm not quite sure what to expect quality wise.

Thanks!

Chris
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. J One

J One Senior member

If you paid for first quality I will either send them back or try to get some sort of discount, you pay $700 to $900 for a pair of shoes I expect them to be finished, not for me to finish the product.

9. Jfowles1401

Jfowles1401 Member

Just out of curiousity, when is the last time one of the more rare cordovan colors had a preorder - I just saw the whiskey tanker might be getting shipped out soon. When was that preordered?

Also, headed to NY soon, and am curious which shop will have the best selection. AoM, Leffot, etc. looking for some of the more distinct makeups. I have your standards...indy 405, ptb and lwb in color 8 and waxed, and a cap in cigar.

I've also heard that some shops might have items in store that they wouldn't advertise online. Is this true?

Thanks for the advice!

10. ScarsdaleVibe

ScarsdaleVibe Senior member

I've been told by several retailers that Alden will not permit retailers to advertise runs of rare shell. I presume this is to avoid people buying up entire runs and reselling on Grailed or eBay.

11. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

I think @rydenfan purchased two pairs of rare shell...might be one of those exotic resellers :D

12. fal32

fal32 Senior member

Brooks Brothers has 18.18% off of Alden's including cordovan today only

13. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I haven't seen them show up much here but I'll give a nod of approval for the Michigan Boot (maybe I am biased living in the Detroit area?).

I think the shape of the Van last is a bit more versatile, and an infinitely nicer looking shape, than the TruBalance, and thankfully the Van has always fit me perfectly. If I could get the Michigan Boot in #8 or whiskey shell, I'd be replacing the Indy Boots in my collection. All that said, maybe I just like these for the same reasons I love my Ranger Mocs since these are basically the same thing in boot-form.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Please excuse the sloppily rolled denim - I'm breaking in my first new pair of jeans in a few years and have yet to get them hemmed)

14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

This boot has really grown on me and someone did a really name make up of it recently that sold out of my size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.