1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

I am guilty of not posting my shoes on here except in rare circumstances. I just post to IG mainly. :embar:

1 person likes this.
  2. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    As a follow up, I contacted the shoemart with these same pictures and I was asked to return them for inspection even though I had worn them on 4 occasions. They must have decided that the bulge was a defect as they received the shoes, inspected them and made an immediate refund. I shall now move on to another pair, but give them high marks for prompt and satisfying customer service.

1 person likes this.
  3. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Not a huge fan of the black Indy, but to each his own; many are...

4. swils8610

swils8610 Senior member

JS01 those are fantastic cigar short wings! Anyone here have a pai of 2450's? Are they machine or hands stitched?

5. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

My thoughts as well. I still follow the thread fairly closely. Just don't post as much. However, since I'm here, here are a few recent pockups.

My first Unlined LHS. This is one comfortable shoe and my favorite loafer....

[​IMG]

We are a business casual shop. I grabbed these from Yenni and they are my new workhorse. 1st experience with plaza.....

[​IMG]

Grabbed these from Adam.....

[​IMG]

There are some really exceptional Alden retailers but for my money, Yenni and Adam are the gold standard. When I'm just browsing for something new, theirs are always the first 2 sites I visit. In part because of their incredible makeups but also because of the phenomenal service.

4 people like this.
  6. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Nice NST's! How did Adam choose the lucky 12 for that run!

7. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Thanks. TBH, I really don't know. It seems like I've been in consistent contact with Adam over the past year or so simply because of how many shoes I've purchased from him. For me, it was during one of those interactions that he mentioned this was on the horizon. I just kind of stumbled onto it.

8. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

I'm sure they went to his loyal customers! I have a pair already, good to see some more being made!

9. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I vote for the plain toe boot. Black CXL can develop an underrated sheen, and I think it would show off well on that model. I may actually get a pair myself as I need a black high boot. I love the NST whiskey saddle.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  10. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

We often have talked about trimming down our collections. I am actually at a point now where I rotate most of my shoes pretty evenly, so I have fewer extraneous models to sell. It took years of trial and error to get me there. For me, the formula was reinvesting in shoes that I can wear with suits (color 8 balmoral, whiskey monk, tan captoe on modified) while selling excess boots and bluchers. I've owned so many boots and bluchers, but new ones I purchased almost never got the wear my older ones did. I still have some gaps (black boot, cordovan LHS, etc) and I am on a few preorders, but I'm almost at the optimal collection for me.

1 person likes this.
  11. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

2450 is hand stitched as well. Same shoe as 2210 but on Barrie instead of Aberdeen.

12. ScarsdaleVibe

ScarsdaleVibe Senior member

From the perspective of a long-time lurker who's recently took the plunge to post - it feels a bit pointless to post the run-of-the-mill Alden make-ups us not in the rare shell underworld can get our hands on. I can post a somewhat grainy picture of Color 8 Naval Boots, but it'd just be after someone else's post of their two-toned whiskey/unicorn blood tanned cordovan tankers.

I think this place is very friendly and inclusive, but you've all seen enough natural CXL LWBs I'm sure.

4 people like this.
  13. marvaments

marvaments Senior member

Would actually love to see a well-worn natty CXL LWB and see how it ages.

14. ScarsdaleVibe

ScarsdaleVibe Senior member

[​IMG] Fair point. Mine still need some age on them though. It's hard to get in enough wears when I keep adding to my rotation!

1 person likes this.
  15. gilby

gilby Senior member

First time out for these. Love the Plaza last, wish it was more common.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  16. mattw

mattw Active Member

Navy today

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. seasquirrel

seasquirrel Senior member

Hello Alden fanatics,

I've been looking to replace my natural cxl longwings (show em off, @ScarsdaleVibe!), which are 1/2 size short. Moulded just sent me some natural cxl shortwings on the modified last (which fits my feet well). I'm just not sure about the white stitching. What do you think?

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

These are their smaller cousins with some wear. I dont own alot of cxl but I like these alot
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. zargoz

zargoz Senior member

Happen to be wearing mine as I catch up on the forum today. Alden x J Crew on crepe worn ~ 2x a week for 4 years. Nearing time for a recraft:
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  20. prez

prez Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Moving house over the weekend, fixing my walk in closet , full of little green boxes

11 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.