1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avidtest

avidtest Well-Known Member

Thank you!

2. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior Member

Yes, they are Vizslas.... good eye. Male and female.
    I am not a hunter but they are both trained and have excelled at it when they were younger. They have been hunted over by my friends and me their handler.
    Nothing pleases me more than watching a bird dog work a field, it's truly a great experience.

LOL... yes, we used to get that with my male when he was a pup... "Hey, he's a cute Ridgeback, where's his ridge?"

Okay, now back to my initial query about the Alden restoration.
    Here is an email I received from Alden this afternoon after I sent them the pictures I posted earlier.

"Hello Mr. M,

That information is not true, we will still restore your shoes, as long as the cobbler didn’t damage.
    Please send to:
    Alden Shoe Co
    1 Taunton St
    Middleboro, MA 02346
    Enclose all contact information, shipping address, and Visa/MasterCard for payment.
    The cost is $169.00 plus any shipping charges to and from Canada. "

Please note, her first line is referring to my questions about Alden not replacing the soles due to the replaced heels done by my local cobbler.
    Hopefully the turnaround time will not be too long of a wait... fingers crossed.

3. hem state

hem state Well-Known Member

4. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

That stings a bit! About $275 in our local currency to resole... All shipping factored in...

5. M635Guy

M635Guy Distinguished Member

Thinking about what you get back from Alden when you use their refurb service, I wonder what the value is of the Alden bags & trees? I use Woodlore Epic trees, and frankly the AE bags are nicer, so I've switched to them for everything...

6. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

@ClassyCanuck , thanks for sharing that Alden correspondence. Sorry about the misinformation. I repeated things I've read here for several years on this thread. It is nice to know. All the best...
    RTP

7. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior Member

8. ReppTiePrepster

@HenryIII sweet buttery goodness! Enjoy them often my friend!

9. ReppTiePrepster

Waiting at the orthodontist's office...
    [​IMG]
    Alden for BB snuff unlined ptb.

10. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior Member

Great fit dude!

11. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior Member

There's a 1/2 size difference between my left and right foot (9.5d vs 10d) and I'm trying to pinpoint my Barrie size. For those of you in the same boat (only a half size difference between feet), how did you size the Barrie?

12. Nick V.

Nick V. Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I had dogs all my life. Loved 'em all. My favorite though was my Vizsla "Buddy". A true pal.....
    To bad they can never seem to get a good one for the Westminster show. The one they had this year had a white beard!!
    I managed to pick the winner on opening night, The German Short Hair, another great (fun) breed.

13. Rstldr

Rstldr Senior Member

I would size to the larger foot. If you are a 10d TTS, I'd suggest 9.5D in Barrie. Best course of action, if you are located near a retailer, is to visit a seller and try one (or a few) on its a great feeling to nail down your size on a particular last. Doing this early can save you a lot of time and money. Good luck!

14. masaccio

masaccio Senior Member

Echoing @Rstldr , I'm in a similar boat to you, but a half size down (9.5d vs 9d, l-r).

I have LWB in 9E, which are probably the best-fitted pair I have.

I went with 9.5D for my J. Crew PCT, and there is definitely a lot more room and rolls on my right foot in that pair.

We could probably pool together others with similar fits and swap shoes. Anybody out there a 9D/9.5D (l-r) who wants to go in on a few pairs of shoes?? [​IMG]

15. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Looking very good Mr. Box! Sweet Tanker! I brought mine in to take photos today but didn't get to it. So it's going to have to wait till next week.
    I was right there with you today on Tassel Tuesday! It's hard to beat the original King Tassel.
    Looking superb Henry in your Ravello LWB. Always one of my favorite makeups!
    Bummer you are stuck at the doc's office, but at least you can do it in style.
    I got a different German breed, the dachshund. Love my little puppy dog. :) -Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.