1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironclad

ironclad Senior Member

Unreal. Those are drop-dead gorgeous.

2. Don L

Don L Distinguished Member

Rainy day black calf NST
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. droptopman

droptopman New Member

Hello everyone,

New to the forum. I found you through a friend over on the Rolex forum. Long time shoe guy, but new to Alden. I recently purchased my first pair of Alden 986's (11/D) from Yenni at Brick and Mortar in Seattle. Ordered online so had to work with her and what I read online for fit. I received them a couple of weeks ago. Love the finish of the shell cordovan. I wore them for 30 minutes or so at home on carpet on several occasions to make sure the fit was good and in the end the size is perfect. I wore them to work last week. Do some walking around at work, but mostly on carpet so not a lot of action/wear.

Here is my question. There is a noticeable pinch/puckering in the arch area on my left shoe. The right shoe looks fine. This is also noticeable on the inside as well on the left shoe, like the arch has come loose. These are not the best pictures, but I think you can see what I am trying to illustrate. I have not contacted Yenni yet. Thought I would reach out and see if this is common and what others have done to solve it.
    Thank you for any help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016

4. Moss

Moss Senior Member

Ravello Wingtip Boots today... [​IMG] TSM 2014? Drop dead gorgeous!

5. JSO1

JSO1 Distinguished Member

That looks normal - it is caused by the fit of the last to your foot. Creasing in that area is common. It's likely only on one shoe because that foot is slightly different from the other (as is the case with everyone's feet). If you are really concerned and think it's a defect, contact Yenni but she will likely tell you that those are fine (because they are). Just be aware that no pair is totally free of defects - these are Alden, after all.

6. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Distinguished Member

Common creasing. Nothing to be alarmed about! Enjoy your new shoes!

7. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

LoL, this is pretty funny bud!

Happy Easter! Whiskey PTBs are a great way to start out the day! Nice looking maiden voyage! Look forward to seeing them with many miles on them.

Stellar as always Chippy! Hope that you had a great and blessed Easter!

Yeah, unfortunately this is more common that we would like. They are looking good and will look perfect except when stared at in the brightest of days. Enjoy them and don't worry about it. It will slowly even out over time with wear and brushings.

Those boots are looking perfect and have a fantastic shine on them! Glad that you love them! THey are worthy of it.

Those are looking tolerable. :) Enjoy them Repp!

DonL, always looking superbly dapper. THose NSTs are great, but those trousers are just rad. Love them!

Those look fine to me, they are going to crease due to the flexing of the shoes as you walk. If you are hardcore like me, you can brush the heck out of them and deer bone them to remove the creasing, but its a bit of work and it just comes back...

-Mike

9. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Wingtip Boot. Brooks Brothers Gray and Blue Argyles. Epaulet Antique Gray Cross-Hatch Tropical Wool Walt Trousers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

10. smoothie1

smoothie1 Distinguished Member

Too new brother.

11. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior Member

I can't advise about the shoes, but are those Vizslas? If so, what do you hunt, and what do you carry? I'm an English Setter man myself, preferably with a Winchester 21.

12. totalair1

totalair1 Senior Member

As always Mike your style is top shelf. There are so many things I see y'all wear...like socks that look great. Unfortunately my cool socks are limited when I wear a size 13-14. I've got some of the better socks...but my size typically come in brown, blue and black...no patterns! There are lots of Alden retailers that never order over a size 12 to stock. Thanks to many members of SF I've been lucky to get on pre orders...but I'm the guy paying the whole amount in advance...although as long as I'm in the game I'm not complaining. Kathy at Alden DC is working on getting some socks for me...but simply nobody offers the cool make ups in large sizes. Same goes for some of the cool shirts and pants...hard to get. Steve

13. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

Eh, tolerable. [​IMG]

Sweet goodness Mike, they are exceptional! (I really like the trousers too) Enjoy often!

14. droptopman

droptopman New Member

Thank you very much for the replies. Look forward to spending more time here.

15. MrDV

MrDV Distinguished Member

yes!
    i'd love to find a pair from that run. great find sjo1
    thank you sir. the lawn is back to a respectable green.
    great boots rtp. that shade's the one.
    sweet combo dubs. impressive shine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.