1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatszu

gatszu Senior member

@mdubs we could have carpooled [​IMG]

2. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

I grew up in San Diego and visit my parents there from time to time. Last time, I wore my Truman Boofs...but with all the SD/Alden talk, perhaps next time I will wear some of my Aldens...enjoying my tan alpine-grained modified captoe boots...but I feel my Barrie-last #8 chukkas might be more appropriate in SoCal.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  3. duff406

duff406 Senior member

Unless my Internet skills are really poor, it looks like Jos Bank hasn't had any shoe trees for a while. I need to pick up two or three pairs, who else has decent deals on shoe trees?

4. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Wife is heading to San Diego next week for some training, really wishing Alden of SD was a real shop now haha

2 people like this.
  5. bantone

bantone Well-Known Member

Ha I wish it was for you too :) I'm going to San Francisco in July so you KNOW I'm going to be shopping for some Aldens.

Still trying to build my #aldenarmy. May add some Cap Toe Black Cordovans for suits since I will have to go to some all-black military functions for my family. I will probably replace my Rancourt Loafers (obviously not shown here) with some Aldens. Or I could do good with some dress boots...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. gatszu

gatszu Senior member

I'm going to NorCal Memorial Day weekend. Will definitely try to hit up some Alden shops :)

1 person likes this.
  7. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

cigar x ls

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17 people like this.
  8. seasquirrel

seasquirrel Senior member

Argh, yes I feel the wide foot pain. I also found Plaza in extra wide to have a bit of that Aldo look (I tried some EE width).

Do they do Grant in EE+ width? I'd love some Grant captoe boots.

I love my Modified shoes, but they only do EE+ width Modified boots on special order, and those are almost never available. :-(

9. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Inboxed the AoM Whiskey shell tankers. I like the color which is slightly darker than the whiskey from a few years ago. It's very vibrant and Carmel like which should age well. I like the pull tab on the back of the boot too.

Steve

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  10. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Stunning! Steve

11. Matty123

Matty123 Senior member

Massdrop.com has a great deal on Woodlore shoe trees right now. Two pair for 34.99 plus S+H. works out to about 20 dollars per pair. I joined this drop last time they had it. the trees are great. Best trees available at that price point IMO. you jut have to register for the site. its free and they have some very cool drops.

PS: there is only two days left on the drop, so act fast.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  12. TommyB

TommyB Senior member

Aw, c'mon MrDV, that just ain't fair.

13. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

DV, your plaza cigar WT boots are out this world!!

Arrival of another unicorn! Your new whiskey tankers looks absolutely amazing!!

14. Mghart

Mghart Senior member

@totalair1 Are those Barrie or Aberdeen? Congrats either way! Fantastic boot!

15. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

16. shunted22

shunted22 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Cigar CTs today. Guess the weather in NYC hasn't turned yet after all.

3 people like this.
  17. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    I'm looking for opinions on whether the ill fit of the side of my shoes would be considered typical. The inner side of the left shoe pouches out as if there is too much leather and nowhere to put it. It is actually hollow and it can be pressed in about 1/2 inch. The entire pouch is circled in red and the maximum distortion is on the arrow. The right shoes has a much less noticable version of the issue, but the left shoe does not seem normal to me. Your thoughts?

[​IMG]

18. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Keep me posted, I was planning to pack the rubber soles for Thurs/Fri of this week...

19. ironclad

ironclad Senior member

This is not normal and is becoming a recurring issue with Alden. I had a pair of boots with the same flaw and somebody just posted a pair of 990s or 9901s with a ripple/bubble. Unfortunately I don't know if you can return them because the vamp is creased/worn. Where did you buy them? Contact the vendor and see what can be done...

20. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.