• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawkes007

Reaction score
is there anything better than honing in on your proper size ?!?!

No. There is nothing better. Second best is coming to terms with the idea that not all of their lasts will work for you, especially when you really, really wanted those color 8 LHS' to fit.

katch

Reaction score

No.  There is nothing better.  Second best is coming to terms with the idea that not all of their lasts will work for you, especially when you really, really wanted those color 8 LHS' to fit.

How about coming to terms with the idea that not all lasts work for you, and then you get the right size and you're able to wear those LHSs or Tassels. Ahhhhh

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh my ... So many great pic's. I agree with Henry three sticks .. 975 and 990 go too along with Tassel and Penny in #8 and your covered...

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Beautiful creamy shade on the Whiskeys, Mike!

Killing the Alden / Marcoliani / Epaulet combos Mike!

Thank you gentlemen! I appreciate the feedback.

Ravello cap toes x DC today.

Looking good in your Ravello CT Boots! I wore my Cigars today... :)

Something a little different today:

Medallion captoe in tan calf from Moulded Shoe - modified last, 10EEE

Based on early reaction these may get more compliments than most of my shell. First Modified Last model for me, but certainly not the last.

Those are really nice sir! Looking very good!

Rollin through Thursday. Tanker from da side.

Looking superb Joe! Enjoying your Tanker Thursday!

it's a rainy day here, so i'm rolling with a pair of CXL CT boots/commando soles/barrie last (i think barrie; some have said grant) from hanig's footwear:

i feel like i don't see a lot of alden CT boots (as opposed to PCT), but i really enjoy this makeup and think it's pretty versatile. although i personally like CXL, seeing @JSO1 's CT boots in ravello shell had me drooling. wow, those are stunning.

also, now that i'm looking at my socks in this picture, it occurs to me that spring has sprung, and i might need to put away the fair isle stuff for now...

Yeah, the CT Boots aren't as common or popular as the JCrew PCTs. Those are a pretty popular as an Alden gateway.

Blue chamois out today...very dark in non sunlight.

Very nice Kahuna! Love the blue walls still!

Iconic 975 today.

Those are looking very nice sir! Nice and classy and has a nice glassy shine on them!

Your Black Shell Norwegian Split Toe Bluchers are great! Aberdeen last? I've been eyeing those for years, every time I get ready to buy something flashier pops up.
How do you find the fit?

Thanks Gilby! They are superb and an easily obtainable makeup. These are the standard 2211 and are indeed on the Aberdeen Last. Mine were a custom add to run in a 11B and fit me just perfectly.

Dark brown calf loafers for me today.

Very nice Penny Loafers! Don't think that I have ever seen those posted here! +1 on the Navy argyles from Marcoliani. :)

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads