1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okayvin

okayvin Member

Thanks, I thought so too. How often do they order new models? Biannually?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016

2. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Distinguished Member

Sold to @mcinco

Thank you gentlemen for your interest.

3. TheD0n

TheD0n Senior Member

I need help finding the size of a pair of Alden boots that I think are Barrie last, but the size has been rubbed off the cloth lining and I have no way to tell their size.

It looks like they're either 10.5 or 11.5, and they measure 13" heel to toe or a shade under.

I've compared them to a 10.5 Barrie Dover, 11 Barrie Longwing, and 12 Barrie boot, but still can't determine their size using these for comparison. Any advice?

4. Burzan

Burzan Distinguished Member

5. Don L

Don L Distinguished Member

Happy St. Patty's Day - TSM Ravello LWB
    [​IMG]

6. sazon

sazon Distinguished Member

Indy overload over here!

Help, please!

Which 3 do I sell? (Keep in mind I’ve already sold snuff suede Indys and Blue CXL Indys)

1. OG 405

2. LeatherSoul Ultimate Indy (commando sole) modified with all brass eyelets

3. Leather Soul Vintage Indy (similar owned – none)

4. Ep. Nat CXL Innsbruck Indy (similar – Nat CXL PT boot)

5. Ep. Ironside Reverse Chamois Indy (similar – B&M Reverse Chamois WT boot)

6. Color 8 Shell Indy - modified with all brass eyelets (similar – Color 8 shell Tanker)

7. Black Shell Indy - modified with all brass eyelets and mid brown edge trim (already for sale) (similar – Black shell Tanker)

8. Color 4 Indy with Unicorn horn eyelets (similar – color 4 shell flip flops)

Thanks !

7. Matty123

Matty123 Senior Member

I'd sell number 1 or number 3. The others are dope. Actually All are dope but 1 and 3 seem less dope to me.

8. Mghart

Mghart Senior Member

@sazon

That's quite a few indy's haha. If it were me, I'd probably unload:

The Ls vintage(isn't it just smooth chamois? Sorta falls into the same camp as your B+M boot leather wise, and I think reverse chamois looks better)

The ep ironside(same reason as above, but the black/grey look of the leather doesn't appeal to me as much)

The natty Innsbruck(I own this too and like it, but it's my only natty cxl)

I gotta imagine it's hard when you have a sizable collection to not have too much overlap in terms of leathers/styles. I know it's something I think about before pulling the trigger on something, but I'm still just starting my collection with only 6 pairs right now heh.

9. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior Member

Quote: I would think the Ironside would be more similar to the B&M reverse wingtip than the LS Vintage.....the LS Indy is the only one I own, and I love it!

10. chipshot

chipshot Distinguished Member

Hey guys, I've two tassels 9.5D that seem not right size wise. 36205 and 36601 BNIB. Haven't listed quite yet .. as I am still unsure of fitting this Alden model. PM if you have any suggestions...

11. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior Member

First thing is to find a last that fits him. A store will help a lot there. Some lasts just won't fit certain feet.

Shell models usually fit a little less snug then their normal leather counterparts.

12. damn_hammer

damn_hammer Member

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016

13. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior Member

If one is going to do this, one should at least make some purchases. I did this at my local Red Wing store to see if a grailed listing would fit me, and I bought some laces and socks from the guy.

14. leadbelly2550

leadbelly2550 Member

slightly off topic but related, i looked for but could not find an Alden color 8 shell cordovan belt. Shell cordovan is in short supply and probably used mostly for shoes.

However, i found a shell cordovan color 8 belt at an Allen Edmonds store near my office. The shell is a tad lighter in hue than my Alden shoes (a plain toe blucher and a 'leisure handsewn' penny loafer), 3 pieces of shell, leather backing, fairly robust nickel buckle. sewn all the way through, double stitching where the pieces of shell are joined. i'm very pleased with how this belt was finished. made in the US. 2 of the pieces of shell are perfectly smooth, the third has a very slight roughness to it. but for that roughness, it's a steal retailing under $200.

15. ZCLi

ZCLi New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Go sockless with Alden LHS in a warm day~~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.