The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

i know, thank you.
    i know, thank you.
    thank you. certainly one of my favorites.

2. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

Both of those are fantastic makeups to start your voyage with!

The appropriate number is a dozen, or N+2, whichever comes first. One for pre-order, one for quickly vanishing unicorns like when I got in on the Leffot #8 Tankers last year and the entire pre-order sold out in under 4 minutes.

3. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I stopped in the Alden SF store today, and was lamenting how hard it was to find an NST in CXL. They'd just received word confirming origin a brown CXL NST in TrueBalance with commando and antique edge.

I was so excited I forgot to ask about welt, but I'm totally grabbing a pair this summer... The only thing that would make these better for me would be a Barrie makeup, but I'll be happy to get the TB build.

4. jjschube

jjschube Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any advice for this. I have the Cigar PTB on the Plaza Last 10.5 D Width. It fits well except for my pinky toe just needs a little more room. I don't know if the E width would have been the answer since I have a narrow heel. Does getting cordovan shoes professional stretched work and are there any negative repurcussions? I am a 10.5 on the Brannock and between a D and E width. I have this problem in a lot if shoes. I got a 10.5E in the Allen Edmonds Strand and it fits well (don't know how this last compares to the Plaza last) I have a 11 D in the Allen Edmonds Park Avenue and have the same pinky problem...And it's too long. I have two Cordovans in the 10.5 D Plaza I hope I can make them work! Really don't want to sell them :( If it helps, both pairs are pretty new. I have probably 15 wears with one and 5 or so with the other. Feet never hurt, but it's noticeable that my pinky is slightly touching the side of the shoe.

It's also making me think I am going to have trouble with my Whiskey LWB order (10 Barrie) that's going to be completed in a month or two.

I'm in Colorado so there really isn't a shoe shop that has Aldens. There is one but, the selection is minimal at best. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  5. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

I have the same problem when when I wear the Aberdeen last. D width is a tad narrow but the heel is too wide for E width. For me, I like to stay in D width, heel slippage is a disaster.

IMO, the cordovan is gonna strech but not much, if your 10.5 D plaza PTB is not painfully narrow for you, I would suggest wear them with thin socks first and let it strech out gradually..

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  6. okayvin

okayvin Member

Planning ahead for fathers' day, how should I go about getting my father's feet sized for Alden? Roden Gray stocks Alden but they don't stock many shell cordovan options. Can we just walk in, find his size on a given last, and then order the desired pair online? Shell cordovan fits the same as calf for a given last?

7. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Not a fan of using local retailers for sizing only to go online and buy elsewhere to save $50 in sales tax; not really fair to the local boys. There are two places nearby that sell Alden and both have struggled with this a lot. One retailer has cut prices some to be more competitive with those that do not have to charge sales tax. I go to him for stock models I'm searching for.

8. tkliebert

tkliebert Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Green hunting suede for my daughters 5th birthday today, obviously.

9. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

No spoiler no care. Sorry! These are hands down the best Alden boot. We're not worthy!!!

10. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

I may not be Irish, but I'm feelin' it today! Happy St. Pats!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. swils8610

swils8610 Senior member

These today. Anybody have a pair of 97788's?

12. swils8610

swils8610 Senior member

13. jjschube

jjschube Well-Known Member

Thank you for the help!

14. okayvin

okayvin Member

Who actually stocks Alden shell cordovan plain toe boots in Vancouver, Canada?

15. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I'm pretty sure Roden Gray is the only Alden retailer in Vancouver, no cordovan boots other than chukkas right now though.

http://rodengray.com/collections/alden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.