The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Epaulet will be re-running the Plaza lasted suede wing tip boot with brass hardware and commando sole next week.

I'm bias, but it is a beautiful boot!

2. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

$30 975s today

[​IMG]

3. g2cdk

g2cdk Member

Thank you, I will check Epaulet next week. Is this a pre–order?

Than you:)

4. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Follow this thread or the epaulet thread and they will annouce it when they go live.

@Epaulet

5. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

The Triple T boots are absoultely gorgeous!!! Congras to all who kopped it.

BTW, I am surprise that Alden uses the "Herat" shape medallion instead of the "Ram" medallion on this make-up. I think Ram medallion is what Alden usually uses for Plaza last...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016

6. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

This surely looks different but I wonder how much is it different from a regular wingtip boot. For me, I prefer chukka design because it's easier to take on/off due to shorter shaft height and fewer eyelets (2-3).
    Alden boots already have comparatively shorter shaft height, so these don't look much different (though of course there is some difference)from the shaft height perspective.
    Also, these have 6 eyelets which will take away from the ease of having 2-3 eyelets like a regular chukka. I'd appreciate others' thoughts on this..

7. devastitis

devastitis Senior member

At least from the pics, the snuff suede looks too similar to the tan suede. If you want a truly unique piece to dress up and down, I really like the Roy Boot in Earth Chamois. I was considering that, but already had the Indy Boot in Earth Chamois in hand, so decided to stay with my Indy Boot.

8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Not even a question, that Color 8 Indy from B+M. The hand stitched (Moc Toe) and Shell Cordovan is the epitomy of Alden. Get them and don't look back. Also seems to mesh well with your requirements based upon your local with formality and Commando for your wet weather.

+1

Terrific Mr. Z!!! :)

Killer Suedes and Trousers.

Wow, that is one model that I would love to get my feet in someday!

Your new Alt Wien Monks are looking killer bud!

A great choice Henry!

Good looking boots and congrats on your first shoe-fie, they seem to get addictive or something.

From those super high res photos, it looks like the stock 563 (Color #8 Shell Tassel) to me. The fading on the left loafer is very similar to how mine have faded. The uneven fading is a little weird though to me.

Congrats Chris, those are great looking boots and enjoy your foray into Chammy.

Them Indy's be looking fine bud! Enjoy them!

Got some good patina already going on those Indy Boots.

Looking good Cool. Nice looking Cigars. The SF makeup is always a cool twist with the Dark Edges.

Sam the Man! Very nice looking WT Boots sir! Glad that they came through and they look beautiful! You will have many happy snuffers!

Ha, nice looking 975s Henry. You got a good deal on those, but not that good! ;-)

Cheers guys! Nice to be home again and to have more footwear to choose from than my beloved #8 Tassels...

-Mike

9. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

That is interesting, I actually would believe that claim about them being women's shoes. Alden used to make shoes for kids and women. I would contact Alden directly or talk to Adam at AoC to get more information. I have no clue if that is guys sizes or womens sizes or what... It looks like a 987 to me from that encompassing high res photo.

Try [email protected] for inquiries...

-Mike

10. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

I was
    Thinking 987 also, I had the person measure the shoes and it is closer to men's size than a women's shoe. The only thing I can think of would be that it's an Alden make for someone else. Thanks for the help!

11. Parker62185

Parker62185 Member

Do you or anyone have a picture of these wingtips with jeans on? That would be great to see!

12. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016

13. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Wow people at Alden are really helpful, emailed last night, recieved a reply thos morning
    [​IMG]
    She says its in the "Mitch" last, haven't heard of this one before

14. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

You've gotten some good suggestions here already, particularly regarding the new snuff suede wingtip boot from Epaulet. I have a pair of those headed my way and looking at the stuff you list as already owning, I think they would make a good addition you your collection as well. I don't think there is anything wrong with having both tan and snuff suede and I think Alden's snuff suede is absolutely gorgeous.

Regarding the Roy Boot from Context vs the similar boot from TSM, I think the main difference is that the Roy Boot is on the Trubalance last and has dark eyelets and speedlace hooks while the TSM version is on the Barrie last and has brass hardware. In this instance, I think I prefer the dark hardware of the Context version. FWIW, Context has a batch of snuff suede Roy boots currently in production at the Alden factory - they were confirmed back in the fall and should be ready for delivery anytime now.

One other option that I would throw out there is the unlined suede boot. I think the chukka boot in suede is an entirely different beast than the shell cordovan version. It's so much lighter and more comfortable. I live in mine in the summer.

15. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.