• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonderful FAQ/Intro thread, Mike! Looking forward to a great year of posts here!

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year, Fellas! Looking forward to all the greatness that will appear in the 2016 thread. Be well.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

ravello sw x leather soul
Those LS specials are absolutely glorious DV! Wear them in good health throughout 2016!
Nice new digs. Happy New Year to all. Started the year off walking the kiddies in these:
Great looking NST boots! Terrific way to start 2016 off! -Mike

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @mdubs for the great start to a new thread. Happy New Year all!!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Starting off 2016 with Ravello and Hand-Stitching...

Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan NST Bluchers. Aberdeen Last. TheShoeMart.
Marcoliani Argyles OTC.
Epaulet Cedar Lavender Check Rivet Chinos.

-Mike

Last edited:

TommyB

Reaction score
Fantastic first post in the new thread, @mdubs!

Happy New Year, everybody!

mrfixit

Reaction score
i'd like to share two recent acquisitions, both on the plaza last. pardon the dust and noob photo skills.

The NSTs are lovely and i can't wait to wear them...

The wingtips are amazing as well...

but I will be giving them up due to the flaws pictured below. This is my 14th pair of Alden (all firsts) and only the first pair i have received with notable flaws.
I was offered the option to send back to Alden for repair of the scratches and nails, but on principle I cannot accept a repaired boot at this cost. Something to consider when purchasing from leffot is that there are generally no returns, even for a defective pair. Props to them for working with me in this instance.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
The Plaza NSTs are just a perfect pairing. I think the Plaza Last is the best looking last with the NST stitch pattern. I have a pair of those and love them.

The Leffot WT Boots are just superb. I am sorry about the damage on your boots. Leffot is a top notch retailer and will take care of their customers.

-Mike

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy New Years! And subbed. Here was a family photo I took yesterday. Barely a year and a half getting into Alden's and it just some how grew..

Rstldr

Reaction score
Mdubs, thanks for starting this off with a great intro! Happy new year!
Looking forward to a few new acquisitions in 2016, starting with Yenni's reverse chamois wt!!

Wesley Crusher

Reaction score
Hey all,

Happy New Year!

Picking up from where I left off on the old thread, I am still in the market for my first pair of cordovan Aldens. I had previously mentioned that I was looking into the 975s, but the 4070 straight tip boots that Alden SF has caught my eye. I am really digging the look of the 4070s compared to the 4060s. The barrie last, 360 degree welt and speed hooks are small details, but seem to really transform the boot into a more casual, less formal boot (which is a big plus for me). I feel like the 975s are a more logical choice, but the boots are really calling my name...

Rstldr

Reaction score
Code:

Ensign crusher- just kidding! Sounds like you are leaning towards the boots over the 975s which you will probably acquire next. I say go with the 4070 Bc it seems it will make you happy
1f604.png
. Then sooner than you think you'll find yourself ordering the 975! It's just how it seems to happen!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey all, 

Happy New Year! 

Picking up from where I left off on the old thread, I am still in the market for my first pair of cordovan Aldens. I had previously mentioned that I was looking into the 975s, but the 4070 straight tip boots that Alden SF has caught my eye. I am really digging the look of the 4070s compared to the 4060s. The barrie last, 360 degree welt and speed hooks are small details, but seem to really transform the boot into a more casual, less formal boot (which is a big plus for me). I feel like the 975s are a more logical choice, but the boots are really calling my name... 

Get what you want, what you like, and what suits your taste. 975 is very popular and deservedly so but I have 8 pairs of Aldens and no 975s - and almost definitely won't ever get myself a pair bc they're not for me (or rather, there are many things I personally prefer). There is no right or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads