• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

totalair1

Reaction score
I could go for either a Tobacco Chamois or Hunting Green Reverse Chamois NST Tanker, Antique, Commando.

Perfect to submit something in the next month or 2, and have them arrive for fall.

I'm in full support of Tobacco Chamois (not reversed) on Antique with commando in NST or Cap Toe.

Steve

JasonV

Reaction score

Thanks, bagged them - look good and hopefully fit ok as I'm a 9.5E in Shell 8 LWB. Too good a price not to try!

So they arrived, shoe/fit is great but it looks like one shoe has been on display as toe/vamp is slightly discoloured compared to the other and the indents are harder to see.

Alden/Suede experts, do you think this would come out with a full suede clean? I do have the option to return back to seller.

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sun finally returned to GA. So some DC cigar to celebrate.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could go for either a Tobacco Chamois or Hunting Green Reverse Chamois NST Tanker, Antique, Commando.

Perfect to submit something in the next month or 2, and have them arrive for fall.
Hunting green Chamois!

J One

Reaction score
I am looking to add a pair of captoe boots to my collection on black shell should I go for grant or plaza, what is your take?

I will be using them mostly with slacks / formal work wear...

gilby

Reaction score
I am looking to add a pair of captoe boots to my collection on black shell should I go for grant or plaza, what is your take?

A captoe plaza would be slightly more formal if you could find one. I'm not aware of anyone doing that make-up at this time.
Your best bet would be the 4065 which is on the grant last and is available from the Shoemart and others. All eyelets as
well which adds to the formality.

gsgleason

Reaction score

Whichever fits better.

I recently tried Grant and I have to say it's not good for someone with skinny ankles and wide toes.

gilby

Reaction score
Whichever fits better.

I recently tried Grant and I have to say it's not good for someone with skinny ankles and wide toes.

I echo your experience with the grant, doesn't work for my duck feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads