The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sazon

sazon Senior member

Yenni used to run this often when she was at JG. Haven't seen it in about 18mons - 2 years now.

2. sazon

sazon Senior member

This is simply a superb boot.

3. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but looks like Leffot will launch a pre-order for the Color 8 Bristol boot (shortwing plaza last w/antique edge and flex sole) this coming Monday. I'm tempted but I'm sidelined for a while.

4. shunted22

shunted22 Senior member

Does anyone have a secret trick for whitening the stitching on Indys?

5. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

9901 - last night for cocktail party. Need to get these out more...
    [​IMG]

6. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I've used the edge of a dime on the stitching on my White's Boots, which takes off some of the grime; might work for the Indys as well.

7. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I broke down and just ordered a pair of the new brown CXL Conservation boots from Leather Soul. I have never in the past been a big fan of the rubber soles, Christies especially, but have decided that my sore heels need a bit more cushion when I have to do a lot of walking. And these 2060-like soles I like a bit better than the flat Christy. The more I looked at the pictures the better I liked these boots. Will update once they arrive.

[​IMG]

8. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

First day wearing my vintage NOS 990 after getting back from the cobbler to replace the v-cleat heel with a combination heel with rubber on the back.

These are a 12 B. I normally wear 11.5D in Barrie shell boots, and 11.5D in shell shoes are a bit loose. These are a bit tight across the top, when I first put them on, but I think after some wear they will be great.

The color is much more of an older burgundy color and not the modern eggplant that we see today. It makes me wonder if Alden's use of that eggplant dye is relatively recent in their long history of color 8 shell.

[​IMG]

I found these right after I ordered the PTB from need supply with the antique edge, so I ended up with both.

Now I have to decide what to do with the Need Supply version.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016

9. sazon

sazon Senior member

congrats! Cool to see peeps trying out some new designs.

10. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Henry, your Cigar PTBs are looking good. Those are funky socks as well, which is fun. Enjoy your shoes.

Don, this combo is just impeccable. Those pants, socks, and matured Whiskey's are just soo nice together.

Wow, those must have some sort of product added to them as they have an abnormal sheen to them. They are looking good, that is the modified last version, no?

Those AG Wingtips are looking mighty fine. Looks a bit like the brassvellos! :)

Don, your Ravello LWBs are looking good and have developed a nice patina to them. Nice hopsack-like slacks.

SkyValet, and his brother Aram's shop, Ah One, are both great stores. I have been to both and they are both

Looking good in your Ravello LHSes. Nice socks with them as well.

Looking great Burzan! Nice looking LHSes. Somehow your pictures sort of look like they are color splashed... :)

Great looking Whiskey WT Boots and those slacks are rad as well.

Congrats on your new Ravello LWBs. Definitely give them some brushing love and then foot time!

Looking great Zippy! Those slacks make the red in those Whiskeys really pop.

Beautiful PTBs, enjoy your new shoes!

Lovely, straight tip bluchers! I really love my pair as well!

Congrats, enjoy your new WT Boots!

Hope all is well Alpina! Nice shoe covers!

Congrats on your new Indy boots! Cool look with the Color 8 and Antique! Funny that Yenni is getting boots with JGil printed in them...

Those are some beautiful CT Boots. Those from DC? I know Kathy did a makeup like that and it was a beauty.

Looking good and cozy in your Ravello LHSes and Chords! Hope that you had a good day!

Looking classy in your Black PTBs! Indeed they could use a little more foot time!

Those vintage PTBs are looking good and have a beautiful color to them! There are worse problems to have then having to decide between two Aldens.

-Mike

11. gilby

gilby Senior member

Thanks Mike,

No these are actually from the Shoemart. I've seen this makeup at a few vendors. Maybe a new stock model?

12. iLuveketchup

iLuveketchup Senior member

These look great! I really like how the top stitching is more of a "U" shape.

13. parkman24

parkman24 Senior member

I think you may be right. Variety is always good... thinking about maybe a good summer boot. What are your thoughts on a milkshake suede boot, gents? Of all the styles of shoes and boots I currently own, I realize I do not have a plain toe shoe or boot. Perhaps it is because it reminds me too much of an army boot.

[​IMG]

Yay or nay?

14. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

That is the power of the Plaza... ;-) A nice U shape and a more elongated toe stitch.

-Mike

15. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

Guess it's time to ask Yenni to run it again at B+M :slayer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.