The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matty123

Matty123 Senior member

So I paid the remainder on The B+M Reverse chamois WT boot today. Sweet infant baby Jesus permitting, I will have them, and i quote, " Any day now."

2. Matty123

Matty123 Senior member

Truth. nearly a year for reverse chamois. yikes

3. Matty123

Matty123 Senior member

Yeah Buddy! Congrats! My wife and I are expecting in June!.

4. topp

topp Member

[​IMG]

Good day for Ravello...

5. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

No whiskey or ravello in my arsenal - I went with Alpine grain today.
    [​IMG]

6. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

7. Matty123

Matty123 Senior member

Also TRUE. 9.5 3E Color8 Indys from TSM took 16 weeks from the order to when I received them. I remember thinking " Wow, if Shell only took four months then I'll have my Reverse Chamois waaaay sooner than winter 2016 for sure!" Nope.

8. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

I think in both B&M and EP's defense these orders weren't confirmed when they did the preorder. They took sizes. Then submitted the order, probably took 4 months to get it confirmed, then maybe 6 months production. Leffot will get an order confirmed with a standard run of sizes, then open those up for preorders. Why it only takes 4-6 months from them.

Thats the way in interpret it anyways.

9. Matty123

Matty123 Senior member

Good point. The elusive "Confirmation." I hear that after Ravello,Whiskey and Cigar, "Confirmation" is the next hardest to get.

10. Don L

Don L Senior member

TSM Ravello LWB

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. gilby

gilby Senior member

Great boot, love the brass eyelets.

12. bantone

bantone Well-Known Member

So...anyone have any Tassel Moccs in Snuff in, oh size 10 they want to get off their hands? [​IMG]

13. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

If they do they will likely be on Aberdeen in which case you will need to revise your size request haha.

14. leadbelly2550

leadbelly2550 Member

been reading this forum on and off for years, have not posted. I have three pair of Alden shoes. A pair of burgundy penny loafers with (gasp) gum rubber soles, 10+ years old, resoled twice, battered. Foul weather shoes at this point. Second pair are shell cordovan color 8 plain toe bluchers (990), about 5 years old. Latest are a pair of handsewn penny loafers, color 8 shell cordovan (986), new in November (earned a nice bonus at work this year).

a couple of observations about fitting:

-i wear shoes with a low-profile custom orthotic; i have virtually no arch. They have worked fine with all three alden shoes with different adjustments. With the burgundy loafers, removed the liner in the inside (footbed) and put a pad under the tongue. orthotics add some volume, and my heels felt too high in the shoes. The adjustments helped keep my foot seated. the bluchers fit well with orthotics without adjustments; that is the best type of shoe for my feet. The new cordovan loafers, we removed the liner in the footbed but did not need the pad under the tongue.

-anyone who owns shell cordovan shoes knows this, but the leather behaves a little differently than some other types. It is thicker and more firm than typical calfskin. At the outset, shell cordovan shoes that are the correct size may seem a little bit tight or uncomfortable as a result. However, the leather upper stretches or 'gives' a bit as you wear them, and they also start forming to your feet. Patience is a virtue with these shoes. The last pair of loafers, in particular, felt a little too tight at the beginning, to the point where i wondered if i should have purchased them in wide (my feet are borderline, d/e width). In retrospect, that would have been a mistake. I'm wearing them now, and they feel great.

-i use very small amounts of Saphir Pate de Luxe on the cordovan shoes, which don't need much polish. wiping them with a damp cloth is often enough.

-can't say enough about Sky Valet in Washington, DC. We have an Alden store in DC, which I have never visited. Sky is a small place with a great selection of shoes, great at fitting them, outstanding at resoles (ask for the high quality Horween soles. well worth the extra cost).

[​IMG]

15. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Welcome to the forum! (officially). Thanks for sharing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.