The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

2. JasonV

JasonV Senior member

3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

4. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

Is it me, or is the #8 and black shell shortage all but gone?

5. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  6. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

Hahah. I hadn't bothered to click for his other listings. I was floored by the 950 for used choco suede tankers. 1400 for Color 8 longwings is just obscene.

7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

that is because they are now the same color...and yes it seems they are no longer extinct

8. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

Paid up in full on my tobacco reverse chamois WT boots from Yenni. They should be shipping soon!!

Edit to clarify: the boots should be shipping from Alden to Brick + Mortar soon.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  9. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

Oh come on, the new color 8 is most certainly at least light black.

10. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

These are so, so, so amazing.

11. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I hope this isn't going to offend anyone, if it does then please try to ignore me. What I'm posting below isn't strictly Alden (but is Alden-esque and pretty darn amazing).

I've been trying to get a C&J GMTO going for quite a while now, the Dundee medallion punch captoe boot in dark brown cordovan. It's beginning to get some interest now and we have 9 potential buyers. If anyone is keen to join please have a look at the thread (link below) and PM me with any questions.

C&J Dark Brown Cordovan Dundee Boot GMTO

Cheers,

-Ed

12. bortalizer93

bortalizer93 Member

good god! thanks everyone who helped me out with the water staining issue!

it took me more than 9 hourse from the sunrise until the afternoon to sort everything out, but after a few times repeating the watering and drying process, that obnoxious water stain is now barely visible!

many thanks for mdubs, bkotsko and makewayhomer for their very useful and kind suggestions [​IMG]

okay, so now i got 986 and 563 in my closet, the next stop would be 990 and 975. probably going to buy either the shell PT boots, NST boots or indy boots in the future but i'm still not completely sold. but now i've seen the straight cap toe pic in this thread, i'm starting to consider it too...

and speaking of the new shell cordovan supply. i've had a friend who visited a japanese tradeshow in the fall last year and the words were horween managed to obtain their raw shell cordovan from a japanese tannery. not the finished product, though. just the raw shell (probably because there's less PETA activist in the far east)

which if i recall correctly from ron rider's experiment with japanese shell cordovan which turns out to be more susceptible to liquid substance than american shell cordovan, should have something to do with the darker #8 colour of current horween's offering.

in my logic, if the shell is more susceptible to water, then it will be easier for the dye to penetrate the leather, and thus creating a darker shade of dark burgundy.

of course, that is just my speculation, so please correct me if i'm wrong.

13. TommyB

TommyB Senior member

Always makes you nervous when the packaging is poor, doesn't it? Seems like they survived the trip with no harm, though? Mine arrived at my mother-in-law's yesterday, apparently. Haven't seen them yet, keeping my fingers crossed there's nothing wrong with them. It will probably be another 10 months before I can actually put them on my feet. Sometimes the United States of America seems extra far away.

14. sazon

sazon Senior member

Have they arrived for sure or are they just expected soon???

I haven't heard from her at all. That's not a good sign. Alden probably didn't send my size, or sent a defective model.

:confused:

15. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

She's expecting them to ship from Alden to her soon. She is just beginning to close out preorders in preparation.

Don't worry bud! There are others who haven't heard from her yet. You can always shoot her an email and save her the time looking for you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.