1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior Member

Ravello Friday?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Walks 20 feet... gets 20 creases.

[​IMG]

2. SteveH35

SteveH35 Senior Member

Q for the loafer guys. How does shell hold up without socks? Or are you wearing those low invisible socks? Do you size down? I'm thinking a pair of shell loafers might be just what the doctor ordered for this summer. Especially if I can sell a few of my pairs in the classifieds

3. Mghart

Mghart Senior Member

Madison will probably be your best bet to try on narrower widths whereas other shops in the city will most likely stock just D or E. Ask for Curtis or Anthony at AoM, they're both fantastic to work with.

4. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

5. M635Guy

M635Guy Distinguished Member

Heading out for a casual Friday in my wrinkly jeans and the WTB's. I look for excuses to wear these things...
    [​IMG]

6. Mcbeck

Mcbeck Well-Known Member

Wrong thread for this post. Sorry!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016

7. Mcbeck

Mcbeck Well-Known Member

Oops . wrong thread! Post deleted!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016

8. eljlakers

eljlakers Distinguished Member

Leffot Cooney boots from yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Nooooooo! I don't need to see these!

I've had these in and out of my cart at least 6 times over the past couple of weeks. I wonder if my size is still available???

10. eljlakers

eljlakers Distinguished Member

And EP Earth Chanois Alt Weins today...
    [​IMG]

11. wdahab

wdahab Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

New #8 Indy's for J Gilbert. Alden did it's usual kind of thing and sent the wrong size boot (10E instead of 10.5E) but fortunately they fit well enough to keep. Going into a 2 boot rotation with my Galways, should be pretty solid for wearing hard.

12. postal007

postal007 Senior Member

Yes, I've been looking for this makeup forever! I just called got got the last 8.5D. Thanks for the heads up!

13. Alpina

Alpina Senior Member

For me, LHS is definitely a sockless shoe. As such, I have a pair of color 8 in a 9C that I only wear sockless. I have cigars in a 9D that I would wear with socks, but if I'm wearing socks, there are many other options that I'd rather wear. Eventually I want to put a softer sole on the 9Ds like dainite--something I can wear in the house without making so much noise. My wife complains about my loud stepping in leather soles, and I hate wearing just socks, especially when we have guests at the house.

As far as them holding up, do mean with moisture and such? Again for me, it's not an issue--I'm usually standing around having drinks, not running around in the sun. And maybe my feet don't sweat much. Cordovan may not breathe as well as suede, but it certainly won't be bothered by moisture.

14. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Distinguished Member

I know people do it, but I don't really understand the sock-less shoe idea. You're going to shorten the life expectancy of the shoes with that all the sweat/moisture that will accumulate/penetrate the leather over time. You're going to give your shoes a somewhat permanent foot odor, no matter how little your feet sweat (they are feet, and they will stink like everyone else's from time to time). Odor sprays/bags to leave in the shoes only help cover up the smell, to me.

If you want the sock-less look, which I certainly like and rock personally, get some low cut socks made for loafers. Not all will work for Alden so you have to look around and maybe try a few. I would personally never consider wearing any loafer, especially lined cordovan loafers, without socks. But, there are folks who post in this thread regularly that do that, so to each their own.

15. Mutombo

Mutombo Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.