• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MT1982

Reaction score
Ok guys, pick up the phone, Citi is/was running a 30% special on them

I emailed them asking about the 30% off and pricing, but they never wrote back. So for anyone else, looks like calling is the best option.

kelpqq

Reaction score

I emailed them asking about the 30% off and pricing, but they never wrote back.  So for anyone else, looks like calling is the best option.  

I would just call, they are extremely nice in person. Also shipped very fast to me.

supr3me

Reaction score

I've never had a set added but last year I bought a pair of cap toes from somebody that had added toe taps and I'll say that they do not change the comfort of the shoe while walking (and I walk on hard surfaces a lot) and they do indeed seem to add some durability to the sole, especially for people like me who really push off on their toes while the walk. I have a couple pair of shoes that are getting close to needing a re-sole and I think I will probably add taps to them.

Taps definitely help longevity, but I prefer adding topys. I tend to have back/hip issues and have found that taps can be tough unless they're fit so that the sole is cut, not just added on top. Best of luck!

dranguschu

Reaction score
Context X Alden color 8 Tanker
Surgeon operating theatre uniform

chrisefi

Reaction score

Looks like Leffot got a run of Bristol boots in Black shell, also. http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoes/alden/44751h-bristol-boot.html
Wow. I haven't been bitten by the black shell bug yet, but these are stunners. Between these and the Rydenfan boots, I might end up owning a pair or 2 of black shell boots from Alden if I can't contain my wallet. Side note: I heard black shell won't have brass eyelets anymore either. So basically no shell at all with brass anymore?

Last edited:

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black and Color 8 are the new Black.
4 years ago I had no black shell. Ignored it.

Today I have 4 pair.

Don't sleep on the beauty of black !

When was the last batch of Ravello or Whiskey we saw ? Seems like ages ago.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Wow. I haven't been bitten by the black shell bug yet, but these are stunners. Between these and the Rydenfan boots, I might end up owning a pair or 2 of black shell boots from Alden if I can't contain my wallet.

Side note: I heard black shell won't have brass eyelets anymore either. So basically no shell at all with brass anymore?
You can only get brass shell with brass eyelets @chrisefi

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed, total stunners!   That might be the best black shell I've seen.  Toss up between this and recent TSM Plaza makeup.  WOW! 

I have the recent TSM makeup and it's gorgeous. I prefer the all eyelets, but the medallion and flex sole on the Leffot makeup are really sweet.

Last edited:

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I would prefer a double sole on those bristol boots. The single sole looks a bit dainty.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I would prefer a double sole on those bristol boots. The single sole looks a bit dainty.

I owned one pair of boots with a single sole. Single flex sole, to be more specific. I found the sole to be too thin for real city walking. Walking over some cobblestone streets I felt like I could actually feel the stones and their shapes on my feet. Maybe the flex sole was too flexible?

I much prefer the robustness of a double sole.

Anyone else have the same experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads