• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

postal007

Reaction score

Ocho PTBs.

Nice - who does a PTB with exposed eyelets on commando? Awesome makeup.

gilby

Reaction score
Have you been to Tourneau before? If ever you wondered what it would be like to buy a wristwatch from a used car salesman, then Tourneau is the answer.

I'd put Moulded Shoe, the Modified last guys, on your list too. And maybe Wempe instead of Tourneau.

I just hit Tourneau to do some recon never to buy. I ignore the sales people and look at the few watches I'm interested in. I kicked the watch habit a few years ago
but I've been eyeing a Tudor Heritage Chrono. No Tudor dealers in my neck of the woods. I'll give Wempe a try first.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ocho PTBs.
This is a SWEET-looking boot my friend! This may sound blasphemous but I think I prefer this to the Tanker (NST) with similar specs. Won't spoiler bc I want to see it again and again and... :worship2:
Ocho PTBs.
Nice - who does a PTB with exposed eyelets on commando? Awesome makeup.
Sorry to disappoint, but they're shoes. From Unionmade. A boot version would be awesome though.

kelpqq

Reaction score

Unionmade has just restocked the Halleck, stoneman and kirkwood in color 8 for all those that are interested.

I must resist. I think someone finally listened, all three boots are on commando sole:D

kelpqq

Reaction score

Looks like they changed from antique to black edging on this run.

I just got a pair of Helleck from a fellow member. I believe the commando soled version always had black edge, the leather soled version has the antique

gilby

Reaction score
Tanker Tuesday.
Have a great day gentlemen.

Wonderful boots! I'm typically not a huge fan of an antique edge with color 8 but it really works well with the tankers.
I'd jump on a pair but I already have a some with a black edge.

NewStyleGuy07

Reaction score
Would color 8 Aldens such as the unionmade ones substitute for black in a wardrobe or does color simply take the place of brown shoes? I've already got a pair of brown kudu Alden boots and had been looking for a black boot to add some versatility.

If color 8 can do the same job, I may shift to looking at them instead.....

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would color 8 Aldens such as the unionmade ones substitute for black in a wardrobe or does color simply take the place of brown shoes? I've already got a pair of brown kudu Alden boots and had been looking for a black boot to add some versatility.

If anything color 8 is more versatile than black and can be paired easier with a broader wardrobe imo. I do like black shell, although I don't have anything in it yet. I think it also depends on what else you have in rotation.

kelpqq

Reaction score

I have similar question. Can color 8 be paired with a black suit? It seems a bit strange combo but I really do not want to buy black shoes unless I have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads