The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zr0e

zr0e Senior member

Hi, Figured I'd poke my head in here and answer a couple of questions. It is my auction, I am not the devil, I may end up in hell. I do plan to reproduce one day (thank you for your concern.) I am also the original owner of these boots. I bought them along with the Ravello version from TSM when they were on the website for about 5 seconds whenever it was, I wore the Ravello and never touched the #4s. They remained in my closet. Eventually they became "too valuable" for me to wear given that I have so many pairs in my rotation, including another pair of #4. I decided to sell them. I hope I can raise a fair bit when they eventually do sell, mostly just to pay for other boots and shoes. I don't think any of you would really do anything differently. Needless to say I don't want to cause any damage to this thread and if any of you would like to discuss the boots or see more pictures or whatever, please feel free to message me privately. I wish you all a good day and a good week.
    I have purchased a couple of Aldens from this seller and had a very good experience......both times the shoes were fairly priced and were exactly as described.

I had discussed a few pairs with him before in the past and usually was pretty fair. Some of his other listings are a bit out there too like the DC cigar captoes. I know we wear the same size and sure your probably interested as well. I submitted a reasonable offer and was declined so we'll see what they sell for or how long they sit. If someone pays 10g's, more power to them. I'm just wondering what rock he found these under. Or was the original owner and just sat on them, which is easy to do. I'm guilty too. The seller used to post classifieds on here as well under the same name but not sure how active he is in this thread anymore.[/quote]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016

2. Matty123

Matty123 Senior member

[/quote] I don't care man. I just like saying things I think will get a laugh. You're no different than any of us and given the opportunity. who knows how I would sell those beauties. Good Luck bud.

3. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

I have purchased a couple of Aldens from this seller and had a very good experience......both times the shoes were fairly priced and were exactly as described.

I had discussed a few pairs with him before in the past and usually was pretty fair. Some of his other listings are a bit out there too like the DC cigar captoes. I know we wear the same size and sure your probably interested as well. I submitted a reasonable offer and was declined so we'll see what they sell for or how long they sit. If someone pays 10g's, more power to them.

I'm just wondering what rock he found these under. Or was the original owner and just sat on them, which is easy to do. I'm guilty too.

The seller used to post classifieds on here as well under the same name but not sure how active he is in this thread anymore.[/quote]

4. RobinM

RobinM Senior member

The gentleman with the $10k #4 listing should revise the auction description.
    Any customer who would seriously consider such purchase doesn't really need to be remined a million times how rare these shoes are. I assume the seller wants to sell the shoes to someone who appreciates the boots rather than just some sucker.

5. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

zr0e,
    Thanks for sharing your story.
    I can't imagine having those boots for years and not wearing them. Ravello from that era would scratch that itch, but that's some serious self control. For me, it would be like buying a fresh roll from Cinnabon and not eating it. That's a good analogy because Alden #4 is exactly like Cinnabon, look it up.

Best of luck with your boots.

6. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Those are definitely [email protected]! I really dig the dark well with the tan stitching on top of the tan sole edge. Someday, you'll have to take a family photo of all your PTBs.

7. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Very nice.

8. tb43

tb43 Senior member

Anybody have the snuff suede Indys with commando sole? Need some enabling..thanks!

9. sazon

sazon Senior member

Gents,

Anyone heard anything on the annual price increase that usually happens at the end of Jan? Seems odd there’s been no chatter about lately?

10. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Commodities are down, down, down. Maybe they have the good sense to exercise restraint this year? Maybe supply and demand are better matched lately? Just some thoughts. (Does not apparently apply to Context offerings...)

11. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

I would assume it's going to happen across your planned X Alden purchases, and if it doesn't, BOOM found money! Now you can buy X+1!

12. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

What's the cheapest way to get a hold of a pair of snuff suede chukkas these days? NRO gift card deal and pray they're in stock?

13. kelpqq

kelpqq Senior member

eBay is the king IMO. I been looking for a while as well and I just found a pair this past weekend.

Does it have to be snuff suede? Haberdash still have a few pairs left in other suede colors

14. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Strong preference for snuff but would accept chocolate brown. I think I'm a 6.5(?) on letdown though as I am 6 on Barrie and TB so will be hard to find my size second hand.

15. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.