Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Congrats and well done! Enjoy your 990's; they are very simple, yet elegant and classic! Great choice...

2. ReppTiePrepster

Another Alden classic, and my personal favorite. What better way to ride out the weather than read and post on this thread. Hope all of our east coasters are safe. All the best indeed...

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

@mdubs
    Denim + suede LHS = UNTUCK ;)

@tifosi any progress reports?

4. ReppTiePrepster

While I tend to agree with @tanbar with regard to the medallion, I also realy ike the TSM make-up and have given it some serious thought. Only thing that's holding me back is the single leather sole. I suppose it goes better with a sleeker looking last, but I much prefer a double leather sole.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016

5. ReppTiePrepster

A while back, people here asked if we know anyone that wears Alden shoes and if we engage in conversation about them. Vast majority here said no to the first question. I have recently come across a new co-worker that wears these same tan suede LHS and the snuff and brown versions as well. I haven't talked to him about them as I would rather not reveal to others (in ear shot) how much I spend on footwear. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Btw, looking great Mike!

6. Rstldr

Rstldr Senior member

[/spoiler]
    Mike- I really like the color pairing between the tan and selvedge!

7. Rstldr

Rstldr Senior member

RTP. I have not, unfortunately. I attended a work function last night. Some of these folks do quite well. many if not most had on shoes I wouldn't even use as a beater, let alone with trousers/odd jacket or a suit. As an aside, just a single pair of black captoes goes a long way! AE sales can be had for $200. Rant over. If a colleague spent money on Aldens, he obviously cares a little bit about his shoes. Perhaps a simple comment such as nice shoes and leave it at that, see what he says.

8. vchau76

vchau76 Member

Hello all, I have a slot for a Alden x Leffot Daytripper boots on pre-order from Leffot. They are scheduled to be delivered sometime in next few weeks. I have decided to go with some other Alden boots and am giving up my spot. I am asking $118 which is the deposit I have on the boots. I will then coordinate with Leffot to transfer the slot to the new buyer. Detail of boots can be found here - http://leffot.com/now-available-alden-x-leffot-pre-orders/. Boots are size 8D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. parallax1

parallax1 Active Member

hkp2k [​IMG]

Congratulations! I just bought my first pair as well and am looking to add the same model you have to my rotation. Yours appear to have a nice shade of Color #8, where it seems many newer offerings are much darker. Do you mind if I ask where you picked them up?

I purchased them through H Stockton in Atlanta. They ordered them directly from Alden, so I just lucked out in the color department.

10. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Hah, you guys and trying to make me look too casual... :) I am waiting to hear from our man, @tifosi ....

Thanks, it actually works better than I thought it would... :)

Unfortunately, other than people I know that have Alden's (typically met via here), I never see them in the wild. I have seen a few AE Strands in the wild, but thats about it. They didn't typically know too much about them though...

-Mike

11. mdubs

Alden Cigar LHS. Van Last.
    Epaulet Umber Moleskin Rivet Chinos. Marcoliani Argyles OTC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was waiting for the sun to get a little higher up, so took a quick glamour shot...

[​IMG]

-Mike

12. mdubs

It is fortuitous that today I am wearing my Alden Cigar LHS, because today is the time for the Cigar family photo...

Alden Cigar Army.

[​IMG]

L to R (boots): Alden Cigar WT Boot, Alden Cigar Indy Boot, Alden Cigar CT Boot
    L to R (shoes):Alden Cigar LWB, Alden Cigar SWB, Alden Cigar NST Loafer, Alden Cigar LHS, Alden Cigar ST Blucher, Alden Cigar ST Balmoral

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Full Dark-Brown Army.

[​IMG]

L to R (back): AE Cappuccino Shell Wingtip Balmoral, Alden Cigar WT Boot, Alden Cigar Indy Boot, Alden Cigar CT Boot, AE Brown Shell Semi-Brogue Balmoral
    L to R (front):Alden Cigar LWB, Alden Cigar SWB, Alden Cigar NST Loafer, Alden Cigar LHS, Alden Cigar ST Blucher, Alden Cigar ST Balmoral

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

13. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

14. postal007

postal007 Senior member

15. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Thread Status: