Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Affordable Swag Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AJPA, Dec 19, 2011.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

For sweaters, I say go Vince all the way. Good fit, decent quality and goes on deep discounts. They often go for $30-$35 at gilt most of the time.

2. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

lol at listing the gap as clothes that don't suck. Their clothes aren't fitted and the material sucks.

3. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Only for larger sizes. It seems all the smalls and mediums are gone when the prices hit $80 to $90.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Check out Tommy John Sleek FX for Target. It's like an extra long undershirt meant to stay tucked in. I haven't checked it out in person but it might work for those looking for a long basic tee and after a wash, it might just shrink to the perfect length?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Not always, got several smalls from gilt. They go on sale to 50%-70% off in most department stores too, Bloomingdales, NM, Saks, etc...

6. AJPA

AJPA Well-Known Member

Gap fits me pretty well actually... Im 6'0 and 208 (10-11% body fat depending on the day) So id say the work for guys who are pretty athletic... maybe not for skinny people though (unless then again you are looking for a slouchy fit...) And gap is the brand you choose for sucky material to comment on? in a thread about cheap clothes for beaters? that includes H&M I've had a gap button down that I wear once a week, I have for the past 4 years...

Not a very useful post altogether though...

7. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Quote:

I don't know about this, the regular target tees are fucking atrocious. Cut really wide, and the fabric is crap. This is the closest 'cheap' fashion tshirt I've found, but no idea of quality:
    http://us.asos.com/ASOS-T-Shirt-Wit...XJ0LVdpdGgtUmF3LUVkZ2UtU2Nvb3AtTmVjay9Qcm9kLw..

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

You've tried it? I tried the regular Tommy John at Nordstrom and they seemed decent, just too thin to my liking but it is long and fitted so I figure if the Target version is cut similar, people could size up and after it shrinks in the first wash it might wear similar to Silent tees. Again, I haven't seen or tried the Target version so I wouldn't know.

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Ah thanks. I'm a medium and I never really see that size on Gilt for that cheap. $50 to $60 is the price I'd instant cop at. They're generally gone by the time they reach that price at the local stores around me too.

10. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Bought and returned one of those (yay for free shipping both ways). Cut super-short. I'd recommend Alternative Apparel u-necks (often on sale at Urban Outfitters) over any of the u-necks I've tried from asos.

I'll throw out a recommendation for Gant Rugger for cheap-ish shirts. Easy to find on sale for ~ $50 (Tobi, Gilt, UO), add another $15 at the tailor for a really good fit.

11. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Vince 4 Life!

13. steviecakes

steviecakes Senior member

How short? Just ordered one to try out. I'm 5'6'' so maybe it will fit normal on me?

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Uniqlo is all you really need to get a good wardrobe going, especially if you wait for collabs ...

Sometimes location to resources is a deal make (breaker). Imagine if SF had an Uniqlo store...I would be set.
    Too bad they opening one up in LA first, =\

Gap, Jcrew, LEC etc. are all "american" geared for bigger than average dudes. Uniqlo seems to fit the bill for tiny asians