• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official 2016/2017 Football / Soccer / Fútbol / Futebol / Voetbal / Fußball Thread

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Zidane was Algerian? More importantly, going to Real because you like the coach is a risky proposition. They don’t usually last long. :embar:
And now he’s gone! No mention of what he plans to do other than leave Real.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Real Madrid was the first team I ever loved, starting in 1994. My best friend is Spanish and he introduced me to them, so I’ve been a fan of theirs for 24 years. But I have admit that some of their players are disgusting cheats that make me regret their success at times. Sergio Ramos pinned Mo’s arm and fell on it on purpose. I was sickened watching that. He has a history of that disgusting behavior. Pepe too. You can be a great defender without being a disgusting *************. Look at Mats Hummels, or Jerome Boateng (ugh, god I hate Bayern :lol:)

I think Cristiano is one of the greatest footballers in history. He is amazing, dedicated, a joy to watch. But his childish whininess and inability to remain on his feat if anyone even looks at him harshly is so infuriating.

I was heartbroken for Salah. Absolutely gutted. And I pray Arsenal sign him as soon as possible. :inlove:

Watching that play, I definitely think Ramos knew exactly what he was doing. Watching Salah go out like that was brutal and pretty much ruined my enjoyment of the final. It didn't help that Liverpool's GK played probably the worst game of his life. A goal is a goal when it comes to winning, but I like to see quality ones.

Agreed on Ronaldo too. Fantastic player, but infuriating and childish at times. There are amazing clutch goals he produces, but then there's their first CL final against Atletico where he celebrated a meaningless 118th minute penalty (turned a 3-1 lead to a 4-1) lead like he'd scored the winning goal.

Gareth Bale had a fantastic game, though. That bicycle kick goal was spectacular. It pains me to say it, but Madrid was the better team (who knows what Salah might have done, but we can't get much from speculation there) and deserved the win in the end.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zidane looks disconnected almost all the time. That's been his look ever since he became the Real coach.

ilclassico

Reaction score
Totally but what you missing is that he left juventus which is basically where he spend a large chunk of his life for real and was preaty much happy about it, to move to a team that would win champions league. I think finishing third in the Spanish league and dealing with president pressures, and looking forward past the jump start point is the reason but that's my opinion.

Last edited:

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watching that play, I definitely think Ramos knew exactly what he was doing. Watching Salah go out like that was brutal and pretty much ruined my enjoyment of the final. It didn't help that Liverpool's GK played probably the worst game of his life. A goal is a goal when it comes to winning, but I like to see quality ones.

Gareth Bale had a fantastic game, though. That bicycle kick goal was spectacular. It pains me to say it, but Madrid was the better team (who knows what Salah might have done, but we can't get much from speculation there) and deserved the win in the end.

I haven't seen anything reported about this (at least in the U.S. press, which isn't saying much), but all the doormen in our building were claiming that Karius was 'concussed' by Ramos and that was the reason he caused/let in those 2 bloopers. A couple of minutes before the Benzema goal you see Ramos' elbow/shoulder smash into his head.

Agreed, credit to Bale, but Liverpool became a different team after Salah went off.

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if there were lingering effects from an intentional Ramos elbow for Karius. But I can’t also imagine the simply the pressure of a CL final against RM also went far to contributing to short circuiting some of his brain wiring as well.

But yeah, totally in character for Ramos to cheap shot the keeper like that. Disgusting.

ilclassico

Reaction score
That does not make any sense. If it was a serious injury or affecting his decision he would have called the manager in regard to get replaced and is not only one mistake he made not to realize it. Ramos has become favorite scapegoat and Ramos is a dirty player.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You must be a closet cule. Wenger to Real. Ramos a villain and not fit for the whites. SMH.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
O, all ye that besmirch our Lord and Savior, Sergio Ramos... go kick rocks.

He's a master of the dark arts, yes, but he's my master of the dark arts. Every team would love to have a player like him, in the mold of Graeme Souness, et al, that walks that line.

And I don't want Wenger within the same city as Real. TBH, I don't want Poch either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads