1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official 2016/2017 Football / Soccer / Fútbol / Futebol / Voetbal / Fußball Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, Aug 9, 2016.

1. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

RONALDOOOO!!!!!!!!

Buffon completely losing his shit right there

2. romafan

romafan Distinguished Member

Here it comes...
    [​IMG]

3. romafan

:cry: say it aint so mo!

4. Veremund

Veremund Distinguished Member

Huh? What?

5. jaypee

jaypee Distinguished Member

Man the second leg is going to be juicy.. I have my kiev flights sitting on standby

6. romafan

Oh Bayern! :eek2:

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

@romafan That was a valiant effort.

8. romafan

Sigh...yes, and they had their chances. You grind your teeth @ the penalty decisions and Nianggolan's uncharacteristic lapse that gifted Mane's opening goal, but when you concede 5 goals in the first hour of play you are asking for trouble...

9. ilclassico

ilclassico Well-Known Member

They rushed in decisions, should have priced him more. Beside Egypt ( which is the only place which has some talents and football history in that continent ) is known to produce good talents in long term.
    I think Real will get him eventually since Ronaldo is moving on.

Last edited: May 30, 2018

10. Veremund

Real Madrid was the first team I ever loved, starting in 1994. My best friend is Spanish and he introduced me to them, so I’ve been a fan of theirs for 24 years. But I have admit that some of their players are disgusting cheats that make me regret their success at times. Sergio Ramos pinned Mo’s arm and fell on it on purpose. I was sickened watching that. He has a history of that disgusting behavior. Pepe too. You can be a great defender without being a disgusting piece of shit. Look at Mats Hummels, or Jerome Boateng (ugh, god I hate Bayern :lol:)

I think Cristiano is one of the greatest footballers in history. He is amazing, dedicated, a joy to watch. But his childish whininess and inability to remain on his feat if anyone even looks at him harshly is so infuriating.

I was heartbroken for Salah. Absolutely gutted. And I pray Arsenal sign him as soon as possible. :inlove:

11. ilclassico

I think knowing Zidane background [ morocco ] and his history as talent as trequtista and coach mentality chances are Salah will move there they kinda stick together. Also Real is a favorite team in Egypt from European teams.

12. Veremund

I thought Zidane was Algerian? More importantly, going to Real because you like the coach is a risky proposition. They don’t usually last long. :embar:

13. ilclassico

Since [Bobo] Christiano Vieri, Del piero, Nesta, Canavaro, Maldini, and Pirlo and Totti peaking and retiring Italy has stop played or producing any talents. The rigging of the games and the economy killed and Serie A, youth schools and eventually Italian team.

Even last one where they qualified was a ridiculous team.

Last edited: May 30, 2018

14. ilclassico

Sorry I meant Algerian, was thinking of Morocco for some reason.
    Lot of Egyptians would love to play for Real though is their dream team among kids and adults, with Zidane which can relate there also that furthers it.

15. ilclassico

If italy wants to come back should take a look at La Masia and La Fábrica or go back to the 90s in term of youth school.