Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jul 17, 2013.
You are talking at least $300-400 resale value. YMMV. Those are about $800-$1200 a piece new.
Another photo of the Hartman luggage shows medium Hartman for $35 .
Holy Hartman luggage Batman...guess I will be there on Monday!
DONE - Cleaned up the rest of the list today.
You have 2h15 to post em up! Nice new avatar BTW
1. Suit/Sport Coat with more than 3 enclosure buttons (more buttons for extra points)
2. An item priced by the store with a reference to the online cost - (extra point if they have attached an eBay listing printout to justify their high price). (Highest thrift store price receives a bonus point)
3. Pink Sunglasses.
4. An item of apparel or footwear tagged Made in England, Great Britain or equivalent.
5. A pair of cufflinks.
6. A fedora with a feather in the band.
7. A silk pocket square, extra point for hand rolled, another extra point if it wasn't made in an Asian country.
8. A pair of Allen Edmonds shoes. - Bought these
9. A shirt with contrasting collar and cuffs, bonus points if its R&G, another bonus if it's a real embroidered Robert Graham.
10. A feather/down filled vest.
11. A Suit Coat/Sport Jacket with a hand finished notch or peak lapel. (You know, the hand stitched tab on the back side)
12. A square ended knit tie.
13. A Polaroid Camera (extra points if it has a rainbow stripe) - Not old school, but still counts I hope.
14. A piece of tweed luggage. (extra point for a matching set) -
15. A pair of bookends.
Bonus - Take a photo of a Thrift Store employee holding your scavenger hunt membership badge.
You guys are made this really tough.
5th place goes to GMMcL with 8 complete and 4 bonus points for a total of 12
4th place goes to Spoo with 10 complete and 3 bonus points for a total of 13
3rd place goes to Richnet12 with 11 complete and 7 bonus points for a total of 18
Then we have Bytor13 and Brianpore and it was very close.
The feather saved you on the vest.
I can't give you 15 because is specifically called for a PAIR of bookends.
Love the picture of Jim
Had to dock number 10 since I can't tell its actually a down vest
Luckily you had the second set of bookends because the first set is actually curtain rod ends.
Not sure that really is a fedora, but it's definitely not a cowboy hat.
I appreciate you putting your submission in order.
I am awarding Bytor13 with 13 complete and 4 bonus points for a total of 17
Brianpore is awarded 14 complete and 3 bonus points for a total of 17
Excellent job both of you
It was very close but........
The most complete wins.
I pass the crown, but you will never take my title as the winner of the First Thrift Scavenger Hunt
I entered with a song, I leave with a song. Peace....
A new list will be posted tomorrow!
Wow. Two last place finishes in a row. I have sullied my own name, and brought shame to my honor. The northeast shall rise again....
Both of the winners have been from the Northeast (PA, NJ). You could say New England shall rise again! instead
THE RULES - CAREFUL, THERE ARE A COUPLE MINOR CHANGES
OK guys, heres the deal. This is a scavenger hunt that anyone can participate in. Check the quick rules below and go out a huntin'.
1. All the items below must be found in thrift shops. That means thrift, charity, church and other places. Consignment stores do not count, nor does full price retail environments.
2. You do not need to purchase the item in question, you must only take a picture of it and upload it here when complete (please see below for clarification on when to upload)
3. You must print the picture above and include it with your photo of the item. They must not be photoshopped and be in the same shot. For fun, please include the price tag.
4. Do NOT upload photos one by one if you check a few things off the list. You must only upload everything in one shot when you complete all the items on the list. Occasional teasers are permitted.
5. You have until August 31 to find all the items on the list.
6.Each item is worth 1 point and each bonus point is worth 1. Whoever has the most points (get those bonus points!!), even if they dont have all the items will be the winner.
Thats pretty much it - go out and hit the shops and whoever has the most points in total wins!
The prize - I'm giving a New Isaia Lapel Pin (bonus point if you thrift a suit to wear it with) to the winner. The winner's responsibility also comes with starting a new scavenger hunt with new items as well.
NWT Socks or Boxers
Solid Black Silk Tie
Knit pointy end tie (bonus point for grenadine)
100% Cashmere scarf (make sure to show the cashmere label)
Cedar Shoe Trees (bonus point for split toe)
Wing Collar Tuxedo Shirt
Patent Tuxedo Shoes (Bonus Point for Opera Pumps)
1 Button Peak Lapel Unvented Tuxedo Jacket (pants not needed)
Mens dress shoes in size 7 or smaller (bonus point for size 6 or smaller)
Blackwatch Pants or Jacket
3 Piece Suit (bonus point for tweed)
A suit with a $100 price tag (bonus point for the highest $)
A fake high end watch with logo/name (Rolex, Cartier, Tag, Breitling, etc)
Mannequin with a price tag for sale (bonus point for male)
Original Nintendo OR Sega Genesis Game
Baseball Bat (bonus point for wood)
Man..a lot happens here if one sleeps through the night..a winner is crowned and we have a new scavenger hunt. This list wll be hard, but the socks NWT were actually one of my finds on the first scavenger hunt...now to see if they are still at the store after all this time.
But seriously, congrats, Brian! With school starting up again tomorrow, I don't think I'll have the time to challenge again for a while.
Separate names with a comma.