• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Office has Jumped

WJSESQ

Reaction score
The Office has officially "jumped the shark". It was once one one of my favs. This episode just sucks.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shows don't jump in one episode. I'd agree that The Office has jumped the shark. However, it's not on the basis of one episode.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped watching a couple years ago. I'll catch it occasionally though, and it still has a few laugh out loud moments.

(Btw: It's kinda weird to write "laugh out loud")

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
Shows don't jump in one episode.

Actually they can. That's what jump the shark means, i.e., Happy Days jumped the shark instantly in an episode entitled Jumping The Shark. You're from Maine, I'm surprised you don't know this.

giraffe lookout

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peak and Pine
Actually they can. That's what jump the shark means, i.e., Happy Days jumped the shark instantly in an episode entitled Jumping The Shark. You're from Maine, I'm surprised you don't know this.

^This^

The shows been slowing down for a while though.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Stacy, we broke up two months ago"

"That doesn't mean we can't still go out."

"Well, it does actually; that's what breaking up is."

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This whole Office backlash/sucks meme does nothing for me. Show's still by far one of the more enjoyable things on TV and I like it.

Wackadoodle

Reaction score
I started losing interest in the Office after season 5. Its still got some good moments, but there've been a lot of times in the past two seasons where Michael's just been a sociopathic jerk rather than a clueless, but lovable, doofus. The season 5 finale and the season 6 episode, where Michael has to confront all the kids he promised to send to college, were when I realized that this was not going to be the show I used to love.

Season 7's better, but its shifted from dark, cringe humor to almost a farce full of zany characters.

On a side note, has anyone ever watched a season 2 or 3 episode of the office and then watched one from Season 6 or 7? It's kind of stunning how much happier looking the new seasons are, the lighting's brighter, the clothes are nicer and it doesn't have that drab feeling that the earlier episodes have.

dave333

Reaction score
Idk but I really enjoyed "PDA". Overall its been on a downward spiral. but still has its funny moments.

FENWAY

Reaction score
The PDA episode really was great!

The show isn't what it used to be, but is still the only one I make an appointment to watch

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it jumped the shark and then buttfucked it. what the ****.

madmadigan

Reaction score
I read Will Ferrell will be joining the show for around 4 episodes.

I'm assuming he is being woven in as they transition Steve out, as this is Steves last season.

I can't imagine the show really makes sense without him...but i'm sure nbc execs have other thoughts.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whether it's jumped the shark or not, I don't really care. Yes, it is not as good as it used to be. Yes, it is still funny and watchable.

Threat Level Midnight was great. It might have been the best episode since Jim and Pam got married.

Logan

Reaction score
I didn't like the newest episode at all. Felt like an entire waste of an ep, I did like the one where they had the caption contest. Just because they make fun of that *** Gabe, I really dislike him. The show is definitely slipping though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics