• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OCBD collar roll thread

mystillwater

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coolshoes
I am wondering why nothing RL has shown up in this thread. It seems to me that the PL Cameron is a decidedly better shirt than most everything being mentioned in this thread and can be purchased several times a year on sale for just north of $200.

i'm pretty sure that's the model i was commenting on in my post earlier in this thread.

I. Gentantithesis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I don't know for sure about the shirts. They're guys who have picked up Black Fleece OCBD seconds from that factory outlet in the Carolina factory, which AFAIK operates like a true factory outlet of old. That's not definitive, so I welcome better information about their origin.

I haven't seen any of the stuff that Oxxford is supposedly making for BB. Do you think this relationship is a move by del Vecchio to sniff out relieving Hayes of IAG?

- B

Am pleading ignorance, my natural state.

Garland Shirt Co. > http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/10/13/942392

coolshoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mystillwater
i'm pretty sure that's the model i was commenting on in my post earlier in this thread.

Oops! Sorry, I somehow missed that.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I find the BBBF to be a little shorter (especially the sleeves) and squarer than the BB Slim Fit. The shoulders are narrower and the armholes are higher. For my body type, I prefer the BB Slim Fit. The materials and construction seem equal and I prefer the slightly longer collar roll.

Also, not a fan of the weird round flap in the front shirt tail and the locker tag on the neck. I wouldn't mind a third back collar button, though. Anyone still make those?

This has been my experience as well. I actually took a measuring tape one day and found that the BF had almost 2" more across the chest than the slim fit. My best fitting RTW shirt these days is Brooks' Extra Slim Fit, fits like a dream, absolutely no alterations needed..

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Details

Unbuttoned:

DSC_2668.jpg

Buttoned:

DSC_2672.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
Details

Unbuttoned:

DSC_2668.jpg

Buttoned:

DSC_2672.jpg

Is this a Black Fleece OCBD? It looks really good open and tieless, but I think it looks a bit flat with a tie on. If it's Black Fleece, I wonder if that's because of shorter collar points.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
That sure is purty.

cheers.gif

Originally Posted by mafoofan
Is this a Black Fleece OCBD?

Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Greg's project must be at least somewhat successful if it was mistaken for Black Fleece.
smile.gif

borat_great_success-450x337.jpg

Originally Posted by teddieriley
No. It's his new MTM project, which he discussed in this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=146724

Thanks.

Originally Posted by mafoofan
It looks really good open and tieless, but I think it looks a bit flat with a tie on. If it's Black Fleece, I wonder if that's because of shorter collar points.

Originally Posted by rebel222
I agree. Looks great w/ no tie, but when the collar is buttoned & there is a tie, the collar looses it's character.

Originally Posted by srivats
The collar does seem flat, but let's see how it looks after a few more washes. Also, this is Greg's first shirt from MT and it can only get better from here.

I agree ... it feels flat when buttoned. While I am hoping it will improve with time, I am open to suggestions on how to improve it.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jamesbond;2940741 said:
Not OC but my 2 favorite collar rolls.

T&A
IMG_2903_1.jpg

Borrelli
IMG_2901_1.jpg

What, roll ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads