The OCBD collar roll thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by srivats, Feb 7, 2010.

1. mystillwater

mystillwater Senior member

I am wondering why nothing RL has shown up in this thread. It seems to me that the PL Cameron is a decidedly better shirt than most everything being mentioned in this thread and can be purchased several times a year on sale for just north of $200.

i'm pretty sure that's the model i was commenting on in my post earlier in this thread.

2. I. Gentantithesis

I. Gentantithesis Senior member

ethernet thingy whatzit, Colney Hatch Spa
    I don't know for sure about the shirts. They're guys who have picked up Black Fleece OCBD seconds from that factory outlet in the Carolina factory, which AFAIK operates like a true factory outlet of old. That's not definitive, so I welcome better information about their origin.

I haven't seen any of the stuff that Oxxford is supposedly making for BB. Do you think this relationship is a move by del Vecchio to sniff out relieving Hayes of IAG?

- B

Am pleading ignorance, my natural state.

Garland Shirt Co. > http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/10/13/942392

3. coolshoes

coolshoes Senior member

i'm pretty sure that's the model i was commenting on in my post earlier in this thread.

Oops! Sorry, I somehow missed that.

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I find the BBBF to be a little shorter (especially the sleeves) and squarer than the BB Slim Fit. The shoulders are narrower and the armholes are higher. For my body type, I prefer the BB Slim Fit. The materials and construction seem equal and I prefer the slightly longer collar roll.

Also, not a fan of the weird round flap in the front shirt tail and the locker tag on the neck. I wouldn't mind a third back collar button, though. Anyone still make those?

This has been my experience as well. I actually took a measuring tape one day and found that the BF had almost 2" more across the chest than the slim fit. My best fitting RTW shirt these days is Brooks' Extra Slim Fit, fits like a dream, absolutely no alterations needed..

5. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Buttoned:

[​IMG]

That sure is purty.

6. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Details

Unbuttoned:

[​IMG]

Buttoned:

[​IMG]

Is this a Black Fleece OCBD? It looks really good open and tieless, but I think it looks a bit flat with a tie on. If it's Black Fleece, I wonder if that's because of shorter collar points.

7. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Is this a Black Fleece OCBD? It looks really good open and tieless, but I think it looks a bit flat with a tie on. If it's Black Fleece, I wonder if that's because of shorter collar points.

No. It's his new MTM project, which he discussed in this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=146724

8. oldog/oldtrix

oldog/oldtrix Senior member

Same make; recent vintage; no mystery:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

Greg's project must be at least somewhat successful if it was mistaken for Black Fleece. [​IMG]

10. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

It looks really good open and tieless, but I think it looks a bit flat with a tie on.

I agree. Looks great w/ no tie, but when the collar is buttoned & there is a tie, the collar looses it's character.

11. srivats

srivats Senior member

I agree. Looks great w/ no tie, but when the collar is buttoned & there is a tie, the collar looses it's character.

The collar does seem flat, but let's see how it looks after a few more washes. Also, this is Greg's first shirt from MT and it can only get better from here.

12. srivats

srivats Senior member

Same make; recent vintage; no mystery:

Thanks for posting these ...

13. gregaz

gregaz Senior member

That sure is purty.

[​IMG]

Is this a Black Fleece OCBD?

Greg's project must be at least somewhat successful if it was mistaken for Black Fleece. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks.

It looks really good open and tieless, but I think it looks a bit flat with a tie on. If it's Black Fleece, I wonder if that's because of shorter collar points.

The collar does seem flat, but let's see how it looks after a few more washes. Also, this is Greg's first shirt from MT and it can only get better from here.

I agree ... it feels flat when buttoned. While I am hoping it will improve with time, I am open to suggestions on how to improve it.

14. vaclava krishna

vaclava krishna Senior member