1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The OCBD collar roll thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by srivats, Feb 7, 2010.

1. SmellBlind

SmellBlind Active Member

Is the shirt from Kamakura? I wore the same one this week with a black knit. Will be sure to post next time I do.

2. Andrew Ryan

Andrew Ryan Senior member

MTM, Proper Cloth. Could be the same fabric though, can't remember which mill.

3. bradp

bradp Senior member

Never really was tuned into the whole idea that collar roll is something people strive for. Heres a crappy work selfie of a BB OCBD I had never worn with a tie. Figured I'd take a stab.

[​IMG]

From what I can tell, there's no "right" way to roll. Nevertheless, I'm open to thoughts..

4. comrade

comrade Senior member

\ There is a "right" way to roll. There's also a way to to make a correct tie dimple. You have attained neither. Collar roll http://blog.trashness.com/button-down Tie dimple- http://huugendruug.eu/2009/01/21/di...-verschillende-manieren-windsor-shelby-pratt/ http://www.styleforum.net/t/364730/non-staple-staples

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  5. bradp

bradp Senior member

Meh.

I rather like my messy dimple, and I wasn't exactly claiming it was a great specimen either.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  6. jas0nt

jas0nt Senior member

7. bradp

bradp Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kamakura OCBD. Picture quality shit as always.

8. Steve C

Steve C New Member

Kudos to Andrew Ryan for the 3/22/14 post/photo re Proper Cloth. I was contemplating shopping there but unsure of what their Soft Ivy collar looked like in real life. You may think your photo may not have been professional quality, but it was more than adequate to address my concerns. I'll be placing an order with PC soon. Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  9. bradp

bradp Senior member

Anyone have a fit pic of the Mercer or O'Connell's OCBD?

10. bradp

bradp Senior member

I asked and nobody answered, so I kopped and am now reporting. This is o'connell's heavyweight ocbd right ootb, so forgive the creases.

Love the hand and the collar and feel like this may be all I wear from now on. Although I love kamakura, this just has such a sturdier feel than kama ocbds.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. TexasDan

TexasDan Senior member

Brad - shirt looks good. Is collar unlined?

12. bradp

bradp Senior member

Thanks @TexasDan

Collar is actually fused. I don't dislike it though. Again, although I love kama, the very lightly lined collars wrinkle very easily. Don't suspect I'll have that w/ the o'connell's collar.

13. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

Looks good in pic from low angle, but I wonder how high the collar is? I find the Mercers to be wonderfully soft and well shaped, but they sit far too low in the front on me.

14. bradp

bradp Senior member

This shot is a little more straight on @ctp120 . Not great but best I could do ATM

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  15. bradp

bradp Senior member

probably take hell for this but who is the guy on page 1 of this thread sitting at the typewriter? I thought it was robert redford but doesn't look quite right.

16. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

George Peppard in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

17. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

Thanks. To reiterate, it looks good on you. My long neck necessitates adding collar height to all my custom shirts. I wonder if these would work of me.

18. bradp

bradp Senior member

Fwiw, certainly longer than kamakura. I can't speak to a comparison against mercer, but I posted some some Kama fit pics up thread if that helps. I find this collar fairly tall all things considered.

19. bradp

bradp Senior member

20. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member