***The Not Even Slightly Official SW+D Booze and Cocktail Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Synthese, Mar 6, 2013.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Reedo, I would probably go with Beefeater gin and Martin and Rossi Asti. Cannot guarantee results though, please don't buy that pre-squeezed lemon juice stuff.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

[​IMG]

current meager line up, sorry for chopped onions in the background, it was taco time :slayer:

[​IMG]

a friend of a friend made this for me...apple cider moonshine, tastes like a fucking apple pie, incredibly potent, drank a small mason jars worth and felt like I'd experience head trauma. Awesome. And yes thats' a little heirloom apple floating in there.

[​IMG]

a different friend got me this for my birthday.

anyone who knows me (or follows my instagram feed) knows that I consume enough craft beer to be considered by some to be kind of an alcoholic), right now I am very depleted but I've been saving this bad boy for a minute.
    [​IMG]

edit: oh god the corona case is visible in that last picture. I can explain I swear! :embar: one of my roommates was on tour with his band and we had a frenchman from versaille staying with us...he drank corona. :foo:

3. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Synth, take your booze off the fridge, mate! Spirits are more stable than wine, but they prefer cooler storage. And no direct sunlight.

Yeah, cyc, Nihon is crazy. I've only been there once. I'm in SF where, as you know, there is no shortage of watering holes.

Reedo, Louis Bouillot if you can find it. In fact Cremants can taste pretty darn good even though they aren't "real" Champs.

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Never fear! A turn of phrase. The scotches are in their boxes in the (unheated) spare room.

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

RW,, there are worse things in life than a summertime corona with lime, cheap tacos, and some form of water-based relief.

6. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Random drink thought:

In my head, I always romanticized the idea of a personal relationship between bartender and patron. One where the bartender understands more than just your basic drink preferences and can put together drinks for you based on your mood when you walk in the door and sit down on any given day. Unfortunately, there are no bars that I'm close enough to where anything like that is possible. It's probably a result of this old manga I read almost 10 years ago + movies.

*edit* wow I found it:
    http://www.manga-access.com/manga/B/Bartender

7. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Beefeater is prolly my best choice, and I'll scour my local New Seasons for your guys' suggestions on brut

Love microbrew beers so much, probably 75% of what I drink. For NW beers, you can't beat Deschutes Brewery. Their Chainbreaker White IPA is the best summer beer ever, and their Obsidian Stout tastes like straight espresso and 100% dark chocolate. Amazing

8. Rompson

Rompson Senior member

Look into cava for sparkling wine around $10. Cava is made in the same method as champagne; secondary fermentation in the bottle, aging on the lees, dosage, etc. It's a better substitute for champagne in cocktails because of this. The big names are Friexenet and Cordoniu, other smaller producers are usually a better value but hard to find.

For gin around $20, Beefeater is hard to beat.

9. snake

snake Senior member

Dewchutes is great. Theres so many breweries in Portland its crazy. Rogue used to have this John John dead guy ale at the brewery that I liked (basically the dead guy matured in whiskey barrels). Wasn't available the last time I visited though..

10. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

I drank a lot of Pusser's Rum down in the British Virgin Islands the other day. Apparently it's British Navy Rum.

But is it any good? Someone tell me; I know very little about rum.

I mean, it tasted pretty good to me but like is it actually "good?"

[​IMG]

11. Rompson

Rompson Senior member

Pusser's rum is pretty good and historically interesting. The owner bought the original recipe and the original wooden British Naval rum stills after the Navy stopped giving sailors a mandatory rum ration in the 1980s. Those same two stills have been making rum for over 200 years.

12. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

bulleit bourbon is the truth.

unfortunately i rarely get a chance to drink anymore. just too busy.

13. rjbman

rjbman Senior member

Usually drink pretty shitty stuff (such is college), but Irish creme and hot chocolate is my favorite "sit and chill" drink.

14. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Beefeater's my cheap gin of choice, but Tanqueray 10 is what I'll drink if a bar has it; I keep a bottle of the Tanqueray and a handle of Beefeater most of the time.

I have no pictures right now, but Thursday is my most carefree night out. Usually make a sidecar after dinner before I start pregaming; I'll take pictures and post the recipe tomorrow. It's Courvoisier Exclusif, Grand Marnier, Cointreau, and lemon juice.

Also, Woodford and Ginger ale is nice. I like the foam :D

the rest of the night is Jack and Cokes and Budweisers... and camel blues

15. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i only know two things, one time this fellow opened a bottle of wine he found in his cellar (he owns a vineyard in Port-Vendres). It dated back to 1904. The sweetest aroma of intoxication filled the entire back yard, masking even the steaks that were on the grill. I passed out...

the second thing is that you may have just excluded all the white folks