• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Not Even Slightly Official SW+D Booze and Cocktail Thread***

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reedo, I would probably go with Beefeater gin and Martin and Rossi Asti. Cannot guarantee results though, please don't buy that pre-squeezed lemon juice stuff.

Last edited:

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

current meager line up, sorry for chopped onions in the background, it was taco time :slayer:

a friend of a friend made this for me...apple cider moonshine, tastes like a ******* apple pie, incredibly potent, drank a small mason jars worth and felt like I'd experience head trauma. Awesome. And yes thats' a little heirloom apple floating in there.

a different friend got me this for my birthday.

anyone who knows me (or follows my instagram feed) knows that I consume enough craft beer to be considered by some to be kind of an alcoholic), right now I am very depleted but I've been saving this bad boy for a minute.

edit: oh god the corona case is visible in that last picture. I can explain I swear! :embar: one of my roommates was on tour with his band and we had a frenchman from versaille staying with us...he drank corona. :foo:

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Synth, take your booze off the fridge, mate! Spirits are more stable than wine, but they prefer cooler storage. And no direct sunlight.

Yeah, cyc, Nihon is crazy. I've only been there once. I'm in SF where, as you know, there is no shortage of watering holes.

Reedo, Louis Bouillot if you can find it. In fact Cremants can taste pretty darn good even though they aren't "real" Champs.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Never fear! A turn of phrase. The scotches are in their boxes in the (unheated) spare room.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Random drink thought:

In my head, I always romanticized the idea of a personal relationship between bartender and patron. One where the bartender understands more than just your basic drink preferences and can put together drinks for you based on your mood when you walk in the door and sit down on any given day. Unfortunately, there are no bars that I'm close enough to where anything like that is possible. It's probably a result of this old manga I read almost 10 years ago + movies.

*edit* wow I found it:
http://www.manga-access.com/manga/B/Bartender

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beefeater is prolly my best choice, and I'll scour my local New Seasons for your guys' suggestions on brut

Love microbrew beers so much, probably 75% of what I drink. For NW beers, you can't beat Deschutes Brewery. Their Chainbreaker White IPA is the best summer beer ever, and their Obsidian Stout tastes like straight espresso and 100% dark chocolate. Amazing

Rompson

Reaction score

I think I'm going to buy some ingredients tomorrow (any good recs for gin around $20 or less?) and make French 75s this weekend. What about good champagne that's also pretty cheap ($11 or less)?

Look into cava for sparkling wine around $10. Cava is made in the same method as champagne; secondary fermentation in the bottle, aging on the lees, dosage, etc. It's a better substitute for champagne in cocktails because of this. The big names are Friexenet and Cordoniu, other smaller producers are usually a better value but hard to find.

For gin around $20, Beefeater is hard to beat.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dewchutes is great. Theres so many breweries in Portland its crazy. Rogue used to have this John John dead guy ale at the brewery that I liked (basically the dead guy matured in whiskey barrels). Wasn't available the last time I visited though..

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
I drank a lot of Pusser's Rum down in the British Virgin Islands the other day. Apparently it's British Navy Rum.

But is it any good? Someone tell me; I know very little about rum.

I mean, it tasted pretty good to me but like is it actually "good?"

Rompson

Reaction score

I drank a lot of Pusser's Rum down in the British Virgin Islands the other day. Apparently it's British Navy Rum.

But is it any good? Someone tell me; I know very little about rum.

I mean, it tasted pretty good to me but like is it actually "good?"

Pusser's rum is pretty good and historically interesting. The owner bought the original recipe and the original wooden British Naval rum stills after the Navy stopped giving sailors a mandatory rum ration in the 1980s. Those same two stills have been making rum for over 200 years.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bulleit bourbon is the truth.

unfortunately i rarely get a chance to drink anymore. just too busy.

Last edited:

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beefeater's my cheap gin of choice, but Tanqueray 10 is what I'll drink if a bar has it; I keep a bottle of the Tanqueray and a handle of Beefeater most of the time.

I have no pictures right now, but Thursday is my most carefree night out. Usually make a sidecar after dinner before I start pregaming; I'll take pictures and post the recipe tomorrow. It's Courvoisier Exclusif, Grand Marnier, Cointreau, and lemon juice.

Also, Woodford and Ginger ale is nice. I like the foam :D

the rest of the night is Jack and Cokes and Budweisers... and camel blues

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i only know two things, one time this fellow opened a bottle of wine he found in his cellar (he owns a vineyard in Port-Vendres). It dated back to 1904. The sweetest aroma of intoxication filled the entire back yard, masking even the steaks that were on the grill. I passed out...

the second thing is that you may have just excluded all the white folks

It is, however, not discussed here any stories beginning "This one time, when I was drunk."

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads