***The Not Even Slightly Official SW+D Booze and Cocktail Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Synthese, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Yes! This is exactly how I'll market it.

2. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

haha, a man cannot live on alternative cinema and post-modern fiction alone. my approach is high-low. dom perignon and corndogs. plus parks and rec is a great show.

3. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

So, my check's in the mail?

So tomorrow I was supposed to attend the my boss's boss's staff meeting. Well that asshole (not my boss, but his boss) canceled as he'll be out of the office. Looks like I'm slipping out early and heading over to the Velvet Tango Room. I am going to tell the bartender to make me something with a lot of orange in it.

I imagine you attending a great deal of soirees hosted by various Bay-area tech companies. They recognize your talents as a taste-maker and use you as a sounding board to help them achieve the proper design aesthetics for their new app. They ply you with the drink of your choice late into night as you lecture them on achieving the proper balance of function and fun.

4. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Can add to this thread fairly regularly because I drink anything from swanky cocktails to coors light depending on the situation. "There is a drink for every occasion." Is kind of my booze mantra

Jameson chased with pickle juice during a St Paddy's pub crawl
    [​IMG]

Harbor Brewery Pale Ale
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013

5. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Not meaning to insult you or anything like that, but this quote is fucking stupid.

The idea that the only way to learn humility is by getting wasted...sorry. The quote is more self-righteous than the people it's describing. yuck.

6. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

my dad told me "never trust a man who regularly kneels before a toilet because he's probably got self-control issues and unresolved rage that he's directing the wrong way"...not as folksy unfortunately

7. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

-KatyDid-

We really love this citrusy concoction that our bartender, Katy, thought up. A heavy dose of Solerno - a blood orange liqueur, Belvedere vodka, fresh lime juice, and a dash of orange bitters. Oh, and there’s more… Finished with a flamed orange peel.

[​IMG]

8. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Ok so I quadruple posted an my actual post was deleted.

I'll try again.

[​IMG]

The bottom glass is mine. It's a negroni with whisky instead of gin. I think there's a proper name for it but I've forgotten. It's my go-to at the moment because every bartender knows how to make a negroni and if they just substitute the whisky in it's good.

slightly better if you go half and half sweet/dry vermouth. Full rosso is slightly too sweet but not really noticeable when I'm out in town and just want a reasonable cocktail that the bartender won't fuck up.

9. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I had mentioned before that I was looking for new drinks to make with tequila. Well last night I had dinner at Mayahuel in NYC and all their cocktails are mescal/tequila based. All of the ones i had were really, really good. Try a Herb Alpert if you go. Or, if you're not in New York, check out their cocktail menu for ideas.
    http://mayahuelny.com/cocktails.php

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

my first date with my ex was at Mayahuel :(

11. snake

snake Senior member

Can't wait to chill outside with a negroni in hand. Once spring rolls around, that is.

Has anyone had bluecoat gin? I received a bottle as a gift and really quite like it. Nice citrus and floral notes. I like it moreso than I do Hendricks.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013

12. VirtruviusR

VirtruviusR Senior member

Just started taking a bartending class at Columbia because I got bored with the same old, same old. Best pregame ever. Get educated and drunk at the same time, ends just in time to go hit the bars on a Friday night with a great buzz and a hefty chunk of knowledge in your pocket.

That said, I've developed a penchant for making sloe comfortable screws and harvey wallbangers (we've only covered highballs insofar). Extra fun with women haha

No exactly very highbrow or fancy I suppose, but learning the basics of bartending is so much fun. Your friends love you too when you're practicing and they get free alcoholic disasters.

And I seriously miss my scotch for quiet evenings, need to stop pissing away all my money and go buy another bottle of Macallan or something.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013

13. BobSaget

BobSaget Member

Boulevardier is the right name, but a negroni sbagliato refers specifically to a negroni with prosecco instead of gin (which is a banging drink).

Also, tequila negronis are great.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013

14. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Had a few of these recently and can definitely vouch for it being a banging drink. 1 part campari: 1 part vermouth : 4 parts prosecco goes down very nicely.

15. omgmarclol

omgmarclol Member

my little slice of heaven
    [​IMG]
    weller 12yr, booker's, evan williams 1B '03, buff trace, angel's envy

[​IMG]
    old weller antique, 4 Roses 1B general release, 4 Roses private selection 1B barrel strength OBSK, ancient ancient age 10yr, old grand dad 114

[​IMG]
    4Roses small batch limited ed '11, 4Roses small batch limited ed '12, jefferson's presidential select 18 year

[​IMG]
    balcones single malt, balcones brimstone, rittenhouse rye BIB, high west campfire, corsair triple smoke

bunkered stock:
    [​IMG]
    Elijah Craig 12, weller 12, old weller antique

[​IMG]
    ancient ancient age 10yr, evan williams 1B '03 ('00 no vis), 4 Roses 1B barrel strength OBSK x2

[​IMG]
    Willet 21 yr (x2), Willet 5 yr

[​IMG]
    E.H. Taylor barrel strength, E.H. Taylor warehouse C (tornado surviving) x2, Jefferson Pres. Select 18yr x3, Parker's Heritage Collection 4th ed and 6th ed

not bourbon/whiskey
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013