• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Noble Shoe - Carlos Santos, Maftei Vienna, Vass MTO, Antonio Meccariello (Future Project) & Reviews - Official Affiliate Thread

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying on my new Carlos Santos Field Boots (which I ordered from The Noble Shoe just this past Saturday - thanks again for the amazing service, Kostas! From Stockholm to the US Midwest in just 3 days is just outstanding! And the boots are great!):

20200325_santos1.jpg

20200325_santos2.jpg

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
those reverse stitch black captoes looks amazing. i was looking to get a pair from enzo bonafe from skoak but they ran out of my size.

quick question - can kostas discuss the quality differences between handgrade CS from the TLB mallorca artista line / enzo bonafe handwelt?

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
those reverse stitch black captoes looks amazing. i was looking to get a pair from enzo bonafe from skoak but they ran out of my size.

quick question - can kostas discuss the quality differences between handgrade CS from the TLB mallorca artista line / enzo bonafe handwelt?
Hello! I would leave Enzo Bonafe out of the comparison as they are on a different level in both construction and price. They do have lower tier shoes in bologna construction for example. Superb shoes with endless customization.

I own the tlb artista Adelaide in burgundy vegano calf. While I personally find that particular leather looking a little “dull” it is also an excellent shoe. It has a tighter waist and I think it uses a real leather stiffener. Check out the video I just posted from @vriche where he compared them side by side.

The black ox is amazing I took it straight to the cobbler for a lulu metal tip!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
Please take a look at an unboxing video of the Handgrade Austerity Brogue from non other than our very own @vriche

Nice shoes you got there on offer @Noblekostas. The price, turnaround time (based on what I have read), and options are first rate. Sounds like you may be the next Sons of Henrey.

Shout out to @vriche. I have now seen two of his reviews. I typically do not watch shoe reviews, based on my own personal experience with shoes, but Vlad does a nice job for those looking to purchase shoes. He makes it a lot easier for those trying to get into the shoe game. Darn funny dude too. Good guy to have present your brand & CSs shoes.

Hello! I would leave Enzo Bonafe out of the comparison as they are on a different level in both construction and price. They do have lower tier shoes in bologna construction for example. Superb shoes with endless customization.

I own the tlb artista Adelaide in burgundy vegano calf. While I personally find that particular leather looking a little “dull” it is also an excellent shoe. It has a tighter waist and I think it uses a real leather stiffener. Check out the video I just posted from @vriche where he compared them side by side.

The black ox is amazing I took it straight to the cobbler for a lulu metal tip!
I respect the fact you gave an honest opinion here. EB is on another level altogether. Perhaps not so much of a chasm as it pertains to leather quality, however when you factor in overall craftsmanship it is not a fair comparison. As you do point out, the price difference is or almost is (based on shoe/boot) double the price.

I do not have personal experience with TLB Artista (other than what I have read), but I would say the Carlos Santos and their shoes are comparable. I would say an owner of CS should not feel that they have a vastly inferior product....ever so slightly worse I'd estimate. Only differences would probably be the implementation of real leather heel stiffeners, and the vegetable tanned leather insoles. Having said that, the CS may just utilize vegetable tanned insoles (@Noblekostas can probably verify that though).

Last edited:

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice shoes you got there on offer @Noblekostas. The price, turnaround time (based on what I have read), and options are first rate. Sounds like you may be the next Sons of Henrey.

Shout out to @vriche. I have now seen two of his reviews. I typically do not watch shoe reviews, based on my own personal experience with shoes, but Vlad does a nice job for those looking to purchase shoes. He makes it a lot easier for those trying to get into the shoe game. Darn funny dude too. Good guy to have present your brand & CSs shoes.

I respect the fact you gave an honest opinion here. EB is on another level altogether. Perhaps not so much of a chasm as it pertains to leather quality, however when you factor in overall craftsmanship it is not a fair comparison. As you do point out, the price difference is or almost is (based on shoe/boot) double the price.

I do not know have personal experience with TLB Artista (other than what I have read), but I would say the Carlos Santos and their shoes are comparable. I would say an owner of CS should not feel that they have a vastly inferior product....ever so slightly worse I'd estimate. Only differences would probably be the implementation of real leather heel stiffeners, and the vegetable tanned leather insoles. Having said that, the CS may just utilize vegetable tanned insoles (@Noblekostas can probably verify that though).
Thanks for your kind words, bro! I don’t get too technical in my videos, I try to make it very easy to understand.

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will seriously consider getting those handgrade CS shoes ... AB / Captoe, which one is better...
Thank you for your consideration.

It really depends on your shoe wardrobe and your dress style.

If you wear suits and formal wear often then the Adelaide or the oxford is great. The austerity is super versatile in both formality and color!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.