• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Noble Shoe - Carlos Santos, Maftei Vienna, Vass MTO, Antonio Meccariello (Future Project) & Reviews - Official Affiliate Thread

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for the pictures. They look good. I would remove the Norvegese stitch & use a smaller grain, but that's a personal preference.

I have two SpTDs in the works, but if one of those fall through I would jump on with you boys.

For reference with regards to a smaller grain, I would opt for the Horween Russian Grain, Inca, or Alpine. Or an exotic of some kind...Camel or Llama?
Yes definitely the leather and color and stitching are just what I had on those samples. I would like horween hatch (that’s the one Maftei uses) and exotic ones can be requested for sure. I saw some stingray Chelseas of his 😱 I will ask tomorrow!

SS 376

Reaction score
Hehe, boots under a pair of jeans or chinos look like derbies to me. I haven't finalized yet given the virus thing, but I hope to place my order in the next 2-3 weeks finally! Here are the candidates, just thinking about leather choices:

1) Principes in Burgundy Calf
View attachment 1359916
2) Armiticos in Hatch Grain (will decide color)
View attachment 1359920
3) Venator Bi-Material Boot (Considering a rubber sole for this)
View attachment 1359918
4) Hastatus in Caffe Tostato

View attachment 1359919
5) Decurion 2 in Caffe Tostato or Black baby box calf (TBD)
View attachment 1359917

After that to have a solid base selection and gauge performance I will organize a couple GMTOs. I would really like to do the Galwayesque boot in a nice make up (Evocatus?), the Libritor Wholecut with a medallion and if possible the Centurion Split Toe.

Thoughts?
I do like #4 and #5 as presented. Wow.

Thilgela

Reaction score
@Noblekostas heard a lot of good things about you from Zeb. Any possibilities doing GMTO of CS field boots in shell cordovan? Would be interested.

I heard from @Kangnamstyles that there is a "handcrafted" line above handgrade line for CS. Could you elaborate on how it is constructed? Handwelt?

Would also be interested in AM Evocatus.

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Noblekostas heard a lot of good things about you from Zeb. Any possibilities doing GMTO of CS field boots in shell cordovan? Would be interested.

I heard from @Kangnamstyles that there is a "handcrafted" line above handgrade line for CS. Could you elaborate on how it is constructed? Handwelt?

Would also be interested in AM Evocatus.
Hello!

Thank you so much for the nice words! I have talked with Ana Santos about Shell Cordovan and she says she has explored the possibility but it won't be happening any time soon.

The Handcrafted is their top of the line with a very sculptured narrow waist which is stitched at the tight spots instead of glued like many other brands. It has more hand-finished details and manual labor but is still Goodyear Welted. It also comes with a custom box. It retails around the 600 Euro mark. I will have more hands on experience soon as a client ordered one pair of adelaides in navy handcrafted. Hugo Jacomet has said great things about them. Here's a pic of the sole.

Photo 2020-01-17, 15 08 53.jpg

The Evocatus interests me very much as a GMTO as you can see in my shop I currently offer 3 Galways by Carlos Santos. I am ironing out the last details and economics and need to see how Antonio is handling the virus crisis right now.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Thilgela

Reaction score
Hello!

Thank you so much for the nice words! I have talked with Ana Santos about Shell Cordovan and she says she has explored the possibility but it won't be happening any time soon.

The Handcrafted is their top of the line with a very sculptured narrow waist which is stitched at the tight spots instead of glued like many other brands. It has more hand-finished details and manual labor but is still Goodyear Welted. It also comes with a custom box. It retails around the 600 Euro mark. I will have more hands on experience soon as a client ordered one pair of adelaides in navy handcrafted. Hugo Jacomet has said great things about them. Here's a pic of the sole.

View attachment 1361103

The Evocatus interests me very much as a GMTO as you can see in my shop I currently offer 3 Galways by Carlos Santos. I am ironing out the last details and economics and need to see how Antonio is handling the virus crisis right now.

Feel free to ask any questions!
Thanks so much for the detailed response! Really appreciate the effort!

Hope this crisis passes quickly and if possible we would organize a GMTO on the Evocatus with handwelt. That would be a dream. CS is a great brand and I hope they can do some shell options down the road for sure.

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the detailed response! Really appreciate the effort!

Hope this crisis passes quickly and if possible we would organize a GMTO on the Evocatus with handwelt. That would be a dream. CS is a great brand and I hope they can do some shell options down the road for sure.
They have done things people don't know about. Like this!
Photo 2020-01-17, 10 50 26.jpg

I am overwhelmed by the nice responses here so far. It means the world for me as a solo tiny business.

I am sure we will make some great GMTOs down the line!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.