• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Noble Shoe - Carlos Santos, Maftei Vienna, Vass MTO, Antonio Meccariello (Future Project) & Reviews - Official Affiliate Thread

bsarosi

Reaction score
@Noblekostas - if you are able to pull off a GMTO for AM’s wholecut ankle boot, I’d be all-in. Finding it challenging to commission a wholecut ankle boot with a trusted maker. May just have to take a chance on an MTO.

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Noblekostas - if you are able to pull off a GMTO for AM’s wholecut ankle boot, I’d be all-in. Finding it challenging to commission a wholecut ankle boot with a trusted maker. May just have to take a chance on an MTO.
Hey there, I am collecting all requests and will gladly put some amazing things forward! Just to make sure, are we talking about an actual boot or the wholecut Chelsea? Any pics for reference would help!

Reaction score
Antonio only allows one specific construction for retailers (for the actual stock) and it's not HW, as far as I know it is called Argentum Dux and is a mix Between those two! If I understood his english correctly that is!
Meccariello has a page on his site detailing the Dux.

From the page, it looks like it has better welt finishing but I'm gonna hazard a guess and say it'll still be a normal Argentum welt.

Do you know if the Dux comes with lasted shoe trees + toe tips by default? I'm not sure if I want to pay for toe tips because I'll probably keep them as office shoes

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Meccariello has a page on his site detailing the Dux.

From the page, it looks like it has better welt finishing but I'm gonna hazard a guess and say it'll still be a normal Argentum welt.

Do you know if the Dux comes with lasted shoe trees + toe tips by default? I'm not sure if I want to pay for toe tips because I'll probably keep them as office shoes
It is slightly convoluted yes, but he writes it’s a combination. From my initial calculations with toe tips and lasted trees the price would be around 899-949$ with free shipping. I would have to be diligent about the trees and toe tips, but I think I will probably reserve this combo for the gmtos.
Thank you very much, I will ask antonio tomorrow if it’s available!

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have been talking with Maftei about the first GMTO. I was bummed that Meccariello did not have the Centurion Split Toe Available for stocking.

Would anyone be interested in this? Hand-Welted of course, open for double stitched norvegese also. I was thinking Hatch Grain.
90523860_122103652727671_2462241148225663550_n.jpg

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
I have been talking with Maftei about the first GMTO. I was bummed that Meccariello did not have the Centurion Split Toe Available for stocking.

Would anyone be interested in this? Hand-Welted of course, open for double stitched norvegese also. I was thinking Hatch Grain.
View attachment 1360568
I love a good split toe. The Meccariello Centurion Split Toe looks a lot more refined compared to the Maftei (which looks extremely rustic). Any pictures of a Maftei smooth leather or a small grained leather SpTD?

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I love a good split toe. The Meccariello Centurion Split Toe looks a lot more refined compared to the Maftei (which looks extremely rustic). Any pictures of a Maftei smooth leather or a small grained leather SpTD?
I agree, I think it is due to a different philosophy and tradition. I think the Centurion is the most beautiful split toe derby I have seen.

Here are some more pictures of Split Toes (don't mind the last).
Photo 2020-03-04, 16 01 33.jpg
Photo 2020-03-04, 15 34 13.jpg

Capture.JPG

1.JPG

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
I agree, I think it is due to a different philosophy and tradition. I think the Centurion is the most beautiful split toe derby I have seen.

Here are some more pictures of Split Toes (don't mind the last). View attachment 1360616View attachment 1360617
View attachment 1360622
View attachment 1360623
Thank you for the pictures. They look good. I would remove the Norvegese stitch & use a smaller grain, but that's a personal preference.

I have two SpTDs in the works, but if one of those fall through I would jump on with you boys.

For reference with regards to a smaller grain, I would opt for the Horween Russian Grain, Inca, or Alpine. Or an exotic of some kind...Camel or Llama?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.