• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Noble Shoe - Carlos Santos, Maftei Vienna, Crockett & Jones, Vass Budapest (Future Project) - Official Affiliate Thread

gidzhead0

Reaction score
You are welcome! Sneakers drop this week, Penny loafers too. The calf and suede tassel loafers also around July. Many things coming up!
Are the CS Oxfords in stock? Wondering what the difference is between preorder and buy it now, figured they are on back order but wanted to make sure!

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are the CS Oxfords in stock? Wondering what the difference is between preorder and buy it now, figured they are on back order but wanted to make sure!
Buy it now is just the express checkout, it’s a Shopify limitation :( add to cart means it’s in stock (unless it’s patina service) and preorder means...you get it!

The oxfords are not in stock, the response was overwhelming and I ended up ordering at least 50 pairs which should arrive in end of July hopefully. Many big sizes have disappeared though (UK 12 and UK 11).

The brown oxford GMTO closed last week and was a success, I will see how it turns out and maybe stock it too. For a more regular oxford you can always opt for the patina service one. Or any Crockett and Jones is fair game :)

WhyUEarly

Reaction score
Kosta, curious whether Carlos Santos told you more about the Handcrafted range? The solework looks very nice and an obvious step up from Handgrade, but are there specific improvements that you can point to, such as leather heel stiffeners or what not

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Kosta, curious whether Carlos Santos told you more about the Handcrafted range? The solework looks very nice and an obvious step up from Handgrade, but are there specific improvements that you can point to, such as leather heel stiffeners or what not
Correct. In fact I can make all of the shoes even on the regular line with a leather stiffener but comes with a small surcharge. Much easier to do on MTO.

The leather and finishing looks fantastic honestly and the sole is so finely carved it’s unreal for the price.

I will be inspecting it more before I ship it to the owner on Monday and hopefully shoot YouTube footage.

By the way, I am trying to cook some Santos shell cordovan stuff 😌

WhyUEarly

Reaction score
Correct. In fact I can make all of the shoes even on the regular line with a leather stiffener but comes with a small surcharge. Much easier to do on MTO.

The leather and finishing looks fantastic honestly and the sole is so finely carved it’s unreal for the price.

I will be inspecting it more before I ship it to the owner on Monday and hopefully shoot YouTube footage.

By the way, I am trying to cook some Santos shell cordovan stuff 😌
Thanks, looking forward to the Youtube video

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking about that, what are the differences between the Handgrade and handcraft?

Upgraded leather? Sole work, and leather stiffeners? Are they hand lasting them as well?
What's the price difference again?

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Speaking about that, what are the differences between the Handgrade and handcraft?

Upgraded leather? Sole work, and leather stiffeners? Are they hand lasting them as well?
What's the price difference again?
Like I said above, the leather looks better to me. The Sole is obviously different, and I actually have shot a video of them carving it. They are not hand lasted but honestly I would pick these any day over CJ Handgrade for the price. Stiffener too standard it seems, but as mentioned I can add it in any pair outside the patina service.

Handgrade CS is around 430-440$
Handcrafted CS was around 600-700$ (haven't done the math yet as this was a one time MTO with surcharge) so probably around the 550-600$ mark base.

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.