• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Noble Shoe - Carlos Santos, Maftei Vienna, Crockett & Jones, Vass Budapest (Future Project) - Official Affiliate Thread

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you so much!

I very much appreciate this. At this stage, that’s exactly my conundrum! I want the versatility of the CS but that C&J last is so sleek. Decisions, decisions :)
I'm pretty sure Kostas would be happy to sell you one of each. ;)

But seriously, they're really very different shoes: for example, I would happily wear the Weymouth to a formal or semi-formal party, to the ballet or the opera, or to a wedding where I was not in the wedding party, but I would never wear it to a funeral, a job interview, or to a formal business meeting. On the other hand, I would happily wear the CS cap-toe to any and all of the above.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Kostas would be happy to sell you one of each. ;)

But seriously, they're really very different shoes: for example, I would happily wear the Weymouth to a formal or semi-formal party, to the ballet or the opera, or to a wedding where I was not in the wedding party, but I would never wear it to a funeral, a job interview, or to a formal business meeting. On the other hand, I would happily wear the CS cap-toe to any and all of the above.
What he said 👆🏻.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi @Noblekostas! I’ve been eyeing two models on The Noble Shoe for some time and have a question for you. For a versatile black Oxford shoe—can be worn to everything from the office to interviews to weddings—do you recommend a cap toe (e.g., Carlos Santos 9899) or a wholecut (e.g., C&J Weymouth). I’m asking more from a perspective of style, and not cost or quality. Since both CS and C&J are extremely high-quality, that’s not a concern for me. My main question is whether to get a cap toe or a wholecut.

I have other shoes, in burgundy, various shades of brown, mahogany, etc. So, this will not be my only shoe—but will be my go-to black one. (I lIke the sleekness of the C&J wholecuts, but am concerned that they might not be considered versatile enough? I’d love your unvarnished opinion.)

Also, I wear a U.S. 9 on Allen Edmonds lasts and U.K. 7.5 on TLB Mallorca Artista’s Piccaso and J. FitzPatrick’s LPB lasts. Would you have size recommendations for CS or C&J?

Thanks!
personally I would get a black cap toe, can never go wrong?

Andrew0409

Reaction score
Is there an option to add a rubber toppy for CS? I will get a pair of boots for London when I get there, i assume it will be rainy so maybe best to have it.

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there an option to add a rubber toppy for CS? I will get a pair of boots for London when I get there, i assume it will be rainy so maybe best to have it.
This is what I can add for you (pic from a santos Chelsea) and it’s about 80$ with a vibram heel. 1.5mm thick :)

Attachments

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is what I can add for you (pic from a santos Chelsea) and it’s about 80$ with a vibram heel. 1.5mm thick :)
I don't know what others think, but I absolutely love the fact you can add toetap and rubber topy right away, amazing how much hassle it saves me (though obviously if you're unsure about the size then not a good idea)

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I don't know what others think, but I absolutely love the fact you can add toetap and rubber topy right away, amazing how much hassle it saves me (though obviously if you're unsure about the size then not a good idea)
I can do this in just 3 business days actually. Superb cobbler here in Stockholm

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.