• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Noble Shoe - Carlos Santos, Maftei Vienna, Crockett & Jones, Vass Budapest (Future Project) - Official Affiliate Thread

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My name is Kostas and I currently live in Stockholm, Sweden. I own and manage a very small online shop called The Noble Shoe. After lurking and commenting mostly in the Carlos Santos Appreciation Thread and not being able to answer a lot of questions publicly, I decided to finally become an Affiliate and give it a try! First things first, let me give you a very quick background information before I tell you what I am doing here.

Background Info
I am originally a water engineer and when I got my first real job, I bought my first pair of Goodyear Welted Shoes. It was a Loake 1880 Aldwych in Mahogany. It was a good shoe, but I was thirsty for more. Being a perfectionist, I started researching, learned all about the different brands and even started a blog about it. Eventually, I bought my first pair of Carlos Santos Double Monks in Wine Shadow Patina which I still use until today.

I got in contact with Carlos Santos in late 2018 and in March 2019 I asked Ana Santos if I can carry their Brand. She said yes. Without no further hesitation, I proceeded to quit my engineering job next month and spent the next 2.5 months building a website and coming up with a brand name. So here we are today (Short version, feel free to ask for details!).

The Noble Shoe is a very small business. In fact, I am the only one running it. Website design, coding, Instagram, Customer Service, Packing, Shipping. What I can promise is that I will take care of you. Those that have bought from me have given great feedback about my support before and after their purchase.

What I Offer
Right now I have Carlos Santos as my only stocked brand. However, I have received green light from Vass and Antonio Meccariello to carry their shoes. More on that later! I am also an official retailer for all RTW and MTO inquiries for Maftei Vienna and I am a partner of Zeb Shoes Made To Measure. Let's take a look individually.

As far as accessories and services go, I can provide Made to Measure Belts, Belts in matching Patina Colors and Metal Toe Tips (Lulus) for your leather soles.

I also offer Free Shipping with DHL Express which is about 1 Business day delivery in Europe, New York and the rest of the world around 2-3 Business days.

As a special greeting, you can use the code SF10 for a 10% Discount on Non-Sale Carlos Santos Shoes until the end of April.

Carlos Santos
For me Carlos Santos offers the best welted shoes when it comes to price, value and quality right now. Especially if you like Patinas. When I look around the web I find only the basic make ups. I try to keep things interesting and offer different styles, leathers and combinations. I carry both the Normal Goodyear Welted Line, the Handgrade Line and have also access to the Handcrafted Line upon request.

IG13-3.jpg

Example of a Handgrade Field Boot on the 401 Last. GMTO Closing soon at the time of writing!

I am also offering the Carlos Santos Patina Service where you can choose between 13 Models and 19 Patina Colors. This usually takes 4-5 weeks to make and deliver.

Photo 2020-01-23, 14 54 32.jpg

Lastly, as far as Carlos Santos goes I can pretty much source you anything and I am very hopeful we can create some GMTOs here with some great designs. You can find my current Group Made To Orders Here. If you have a very special request, I can make you a special MTO for a surcharge.

Maftei Vienna
A very unique traditional Bespoke Maker from Vienna, Alexandru Maftei is still making some incredible pieces of footwear using the old methods. Fully handmade, hand-lasted, hand-welted, hand-sewn pieces. While he does a lot of Bespoke, after meeting him last month I am now one of his official retailers when it comes to RTW and MTO/GMTO. So anything you want, you contact me and we set it up.

He has 3 methods of construction (RTW Prices):
Wood Pegged: Around 1225$
Hand-Sewn: Around 1400$
Double Stitched: Around 1670$

Anything goes leather wise (apart from Shell Cordovan, he doesn't use Horween) and prices depend on that. From Russian Hatch (Horween) to all calf, kudu and suede. If you want exotics, I can source you Stingray, Porosus Croc, Shark Leather, Elephant etc.

Here's just one example, plus some Shark Leather Swatches.

Photo 2020-03-04, 16 01 33.jpg

IG6-1.jpg

IG6-2.jpg

Vass Budapest
This year I wanted to expand my stock with some more high end shoes so I turned to Eva Vass and she told me she would be happy for me to carry their brand. My plan is to initially carry 5 models but I am also readily available to MTO/GMTO. I am in the process of updating my website, but at the time of writing Vass are rebuilding their website and it is not accessible for info. Message me directly for that or ask questions!

Also, I will be very, very happy if any of you can suggest which styles and combinations you would like to see from them!

Antonio Meccariello (Future Project)

I LOVE Antonio Meccariello Shoes. The man is a fantastic artisan. I spoke to him a few week ago and he told me that I am very welcome to carry his brand. This will require some due diligence from my part as we are going through some testing times with the economy and Covid-19 but the short version is that I need to stock 5 models minimum.

I have my ideas, but before I order something I would also like your feedback or suggestions.

After stocking, he will also allow me to do Group Made to Orders which I look very forward to. Please note that Antonio Meccariello Shoes from the time of ordering take about 6 months to make/stock.

Zeb Shoes
Bojan Zeb is a good friend of mine that makes some fantastic MTM Shoes as a hobby. Google and you will find some raving reviews. I am his partner here in Sweden and I do offer the option to forward any requests or give you information.

Zalway table selection.jpg

Prices start around 430 Euros for Calf and up to 890 Euros for Horween Shell. If you can't tell, he really loves boots! Read more about it here.

That's it for starters I think! If you have any questions, you can contact me at [email protected], ask on this thread or reach out on Instagram.

Best,
Kostas

Here's some more Shoe Pics.
IG12-2.jpg

_DSC4354.jpg

IG3-5.jpg
IG5-2.jpg
IG27-6.jpg

Last edited:

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I might as well add this here now, since the GMTO is closing in about 19 hours.

Link to GMTO

We have collected enough people to join the Carlos Santos Handgrade Double Monks but there is still time until the 15th of March (23:59 Stockholm Time) if you wish to join. If you have a special color request, I might be able to accommodate that too. Here are the 3 Main Patinas on offer.

Guimaraes
IG14-1.jpg

Coimbra
IG4-1.jpg

Algarve
IG 3-1.jpg

greenhouse

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My name is Kostas and I currently live in Stockholm, Sweden. I own and manage a very small online shop called The Noble Shoe. After lurking and commenting mostly in the Carlos Santos Appreciation Thread and not being able to answer a lot of questions publicly, I decided to finally become an Affiliate and give it a try! First things first, let me give you a very quick background information before I tell you what I am doing here.

Background Info
I am originally a water engineer and when I got my first real job, I bought my first pair of Goodyear Welted Shoes. It was a Loake 1880 Aldwych in Mahogany. It was a good shoe, but I was thirsty for more. Being a perfectionist, I started researching, learned all about the different brands and even started a blog about it. Eventually, I bought my first pair of Carlos Santos Double Monks in Wine Shadow Patina which I still use until today.

I got in contact with Carlos Santos in late 2018 and in March 2019 I asked Ana Santos if I can carry their Brand. She said yes. Without no further hesitation, I proceeded to quit my engineering job next month and spent the next 2.5 months building a website and coming up with a brand name. So here we are today (Short version, feel free to ask for details!).

The Noble Shoe is a very small business. In fact, I am the only one running it. Website design, coding, Instagram, Customer Service, Packing, Shipping. What I can promise is that I will take care of you. Those that have bought from me have given great feedback about my support before and after their purchase.

What I Offer
Right now I have Carlos Santos as my only stocked brand. However, I have received green light from Vass and Antonio Meccariello to carry their shoes. More on that later! I am also an official retailer for all RTW and MTO inquiries for Maftei Vienna and I am a partner of Zeb Shoes Made To Measure. Let's take a look individually.

As far as accessories and services go, I can provide Made to Measure Belts, Belts in matching Patina Colors and Metal Toe Tips (Lulus) for your leather soles.

I also offer Free Shipping with DHL Express which is about 1 Business day delivery in Europe, New York and the rest of the world around 2-3 Business days.

As a special greeting, you can use the code SF10 for a 10% Discount on Non-Sale Carlos Santos Shoes until the end of April.

Carlos Santos
For me Carlos Santos offers the best welted shoes when it comes to price, value and quality right now. Especially if you like Patinas. When I look around the web I find only the basic make ups. I try to keep things interesting and offer different styles, leathers and combinations. I carry both the Normal Goodyear Welted Line, the Handgrade Line and have also access to the Handcrafted Line upon request.

View attachment 1355447
Example of a Handgrade Field Boot on the 401 Last. GMTO Closing soon at the time of writing!

I am also offering the Carlos Santos Patina Service where you can choose between 13 Models and 19 Patina Colors. This usually takes 4-5 weeks to make and deliver.

View attachment 1355448

Lastly, as far as Carlos Santos goes I can pretty much source you anything and I am very hopeful we can create some GMTOs here with some great designs. You can find my current Group Made To Orders Here. If you have a very special request, I can make you a special MTO for a surcharge.

Maftei Vienna
A very unique traditional Bespoke Maker from Vienna, Alexandru Maftei is still making some incredible pieces of footwear using the old methods. Fully handmade, hand-lasted, hand-welted, hand-sewn pieces. While he does a lot of Bespoke, after meeting him last month I am now one of his official retailers when it comes to RTW and MTO/GMTO. So anything you want, you contact me and we set it up.

He has 3 methods of construction:
Wood Pegged: Around 1200$
Hand-Sewn: Around 1300$
Double Stitched: Around 1600$

Anything goes leather wise (apart from Shell Cordovan, he doesn't use Horween) and prices depend on that. From Russian Hatch (Horween) to all calf, kudu and suede. If you want exotics, I can source you Stingray, Porosus Croc, Shark Leather, Elephant etc.

Here's just one example, plus some Shark Leather Swatches.

View attachment 1355445
View attachment 1355444
View attachment 1355446

Vass Budapest
This year I wanted to expand my stock with some more high end shoes so I turned to Eva Vass and she told me she would be happy for me to carry their brand. My plan is to initially carry 5 models but I am also readily available to MTO/GMTO. I am in the process of updating my website, but at the time of writing Vass are rebuilding their website and it is not accessible for info. Message me directly for that or ask questions!

Also, I will be very, very happy if any of you can suggest which styles and combinations you would like to see from them!

Antonio Meccariello (Future Project)

I LOVE Antonio Meccariello Shoes. The man is a fantastic artisan. I spoke to him a few week ago and he told me that I am very welcome to carry his brand. This will require some due diligence from my part as we are going through some testing times with the economy and Covid-19 but the short version is that I need to stock 5 models minimum.

I have my ideas, but before I order something I would also like your feedback or suggestions.

After stocking, he will also allow me to do Group Made to Orders which I look very forward to. Please note that Antonio Meccariello Shoes from the time of ordering take about 6 months to make/stock.

Zeb Shoes
Bojan Zeb is a good friend of mine that makes some fantastic MTM Shoes as a hobby. Google and you will find some raving reviews. I am his partner here in Sweden and I do offer the option to forward any requests or give you information.

View attachment 1355452

Prices start around 430 Euros for Calf and up to 850 Euros for Horween Shell. If you can't tell, he really loves boots! Read more about it here.

That's it for starters I think! If you have any questions, you can contact me at [email protected], ask on this thread or reach out on Instagram.

Best,
Kostas

Here's some more Shoe Pics.
View attachment 1355456
View attachment 1355463
View attachment 1355464View attachment 1355465View attachment 1355467
Very cool. I am particularly interested in Maftei. Best of luck!

weissmenswear

Reaction score
Welcome! Been following on Instagram for some time now, and really pleased to hear about all these coming additions. Very impressed.

greenhouse

Reaction score
Hello! Thanks a lot! Feel free to ask any questions! I have some more picture of a few models I shot during the trunk show I can post or send tomorrow!
Are the prices you listed for Maftei's RTW or MTO? Do you subtract vat?

Mercurio

Reaction score
I am glad you decided to become an affiliate vendor, I wish you great success.

We have been in touch through your blog and webpage, where I have appreciated your passion and love for what you are doing. I hope to become a future customer, in the meanwhile, best of luck.

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are the prices you listed for Maftei's RTW or MTO? Do you subtract vat?
Good point, will edit when I wake up but it’s without vat. Vat Is not applicable outside EU 🤗

The prices are for the RTW but I will see if I can void the MTO surcharge for SF (will also update later today), otherwise it’s about 100-150$. Will double check with them before I edit.

I am glad you decided to become an affiliate vendor, I wish you great success.

We have been in touch through your blog and webpage, where I have appreciated your passion and love for what you are doing. I hope to become a future customer, in the meanwhile, best of luck.
Thanks so much for the support! Surprised where I can find readers of my blog out of nowhere!

Camerashy

Reaction score
Best wishes for your new extended venture enjoy looking through your site and already an owner of your CS Boots

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.