• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Noble Shoe - Carlos Santos, Maftei Vienna, Crockett & Jones, Paolo Scafora - Official Affiliate Thread

Betta

Reaction score
Do people actually use Reddit? Is that a thing for some shoe folks? The only other resource used to be Ask Andy site. If no fees are required, perhaps the Noble Shoe can move over to those parts of the sphere.
Well to be honest, I actually found the nobleshoe through the goodyearwelt reddit. I guess it depends on the demographic.

Ninja edit:

My two cents for TNS. Probably not related to SF, but as a customer, what makes me look elsewhere for shoes (in my own ignorance probably) is leather. For example Fugashin's offerings are in french box calf from Tanneries D'Annonay or Weinheimer tannery and roughly around the same price range as CS offerings (Also pseudo fiddleback waist for cheap) . So i'm comparing lets say Oxfords, as a total leather noob I would pick the brand name leather just cause it feels "safer" purchase if that makes sense? Again probably out of my own ignorance. But for example this is why Thursday ( who GYW hates lol) advertises their leather like crazy and goes as far to compare it to Horween. The impeccable build quality is what caught my eye throughout all of TNS and probably what has kept my interest peaked :) .

Last edited:

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well to be honest, I actually found the nobleshoe through the goodyearwelt reddit. I guess it depends on the demographic.

Ninja edit:

My two cents for TNS. Probably not related to SF, but as a customer, what makes me look elsewhere for shoes (in my own ignorance probably) is leather. For example Fugashin's offerings are in french box calf from Tanneries D'Annonay or Weinheimer tannery and roughly around the same price range as CS offerings (Also pseudo fiddleback waist for cheap) . So i'm comparing lets say Oxfords, as a total leather noob I would pick the brand name leather just cause it feels "safer" purchase if that makes sense? Again probably out of my own ignorance. But for example this is why Thursday ( who GYW hates lol) advertises their leather like crazy and goes as far to compare it to Horween. The impeccable build quality is what caught my eye throughout all of TNS and probably what has kept my interest peaked :) .
Thanks! Well said, then again patina is a selling point for Carlos Santos. However it is actually regular full grain high end leather, only in crust and finished by hand.

being on Reddit taught me that service boots seem to be extremely popular in the US, but I don’t have any interest to stock something I am not passionate about :)

thanks for chiming in!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ninja edit:

Ah so reddit is used. I never looked into it actually. So, my question was investigational and not satirical.

Betta

Reaction score

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Did not take it as satirical? Maybe my response was? I dunno, in any case Indeed! reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/
I really liked (as a beginner to the boot world) their guide https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/3r7zuq/the_beginners_boot_buying_guide_v20/
Though as kostas adequately put, heavily biased towards service boots.
Correct, the mods are super strict there too. We are making a small community now on a discord channel with some people instead which seems to function nicer

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did not take it as satirical? Maybe my response was? I dunno, in any case Indeed! reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/
I really liked (as a beginner to the boot world) their guide https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/3r7zuq/the_beginners_boot_buying_guide_v20/
Though as kostas adequately put, heavily biased towards service boots.
I'm definitely in favor of any site that assists people in better shoe/boot purchases. Be it this one or that one or any other one.

I used to be more of a boot guy (I'm in 20s or 30s of various boot styles and makers), but I think I've only picked up like two or so in the past 4 or 5 years. I don't really get as much use from them as I used to. I guess my wardrobe has transformed into something altogether different than what it was.

That said, service boots were definitely my thing followed by dress boots.

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll say many lands on reddit, though I haven’t bothered to check what search land to SF want lands to Reddit
Yeah, I don't know much about it honestly. As I mentioned, I used to be a lurker on Ask Andy then a lurker on here until I got tired of people asking sizing questions no one was answering 😂.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm definitely in favor of any site that assists people in better shoe/boot purchases. Be it this one or that one or any other one.

I used to be more of a boot guy (I'm in 20s or 30s of various boot styles and makers), but I think I've only picked up like two or so in the past 4 or 5 years. I don't really get as much use from them as I used to. I guess my wardrobe has transformed into something altogether different than what it was.

That said, service boots were definitely my thing followed by dress boots.
I'm pretty much CM with some "fake RL cowboy stuff" (so got some blake stich!!! barbanera side zip and a short chelsea from EB coming), so other than my CJ Northcote, maybe I'll pick up a balmoral boot and call it a day (use to look at GG Wigman, but GG doesn't fit me well, AM's wingtip balmoral boot is good, but a bit too busy), suggestion for dress boots?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty much CM with some "fake RL cowboy stuff" (so got some blake stich!!! barbanera side zip and a short chelsea from EB coming), so other than my CJ Northcote, maybe I'll pick up a balmoral boot and call it a day (use to look at GG Wigman, but GG doesn't fit me well, AM's wingtip balmoral boot is good, but a bit too busy), suggestion for dress boots?
Well CJ and CS make nice looking dress boots. ZB I'm sure you know makes a great looking boot (Kostas doesn't sell the brand). After that, AM makes beautiful dress boots.
I've seen some beautiful Jodhpurs made by Fukuda but now we are talking big money.

I once saw a pair from Riccardo Bestitti when they were in NY that were just drop dead gorgeous. Same with a few pairs over at Bemer.

Last edited:

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well CJ and CS make nice looking dress boots. ZB I'm sure you know makes a great looking boot (Kostas doesn't sell the brand). After that, AM makes beautiful dress boots.
I've seen some beautiful Jodhpurs made by Fukuda but now we are talking big money.

I once saw a pair from Riccardo Bestitti when they were in NY that were just drop dead gorgeous. Same with a few pairs over at Bemer.
ZB is great, i don't have much experience with them though!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.