• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Noble Shoe - Carlos Santos, Maftei Vienna, Crockett & Jones, Paolo Scafora - Official Affiliate Thread

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dunno very dificult to tell. I noticed Skoak thread is also pretty much dead too, while not too long ago was one of the hottest thread on SF. I think it is a combination of lot of things and with covid around for some time will not help either. Not a big fan of CS and your PS styles are a bit flamboyant. Maybe if you get some PS classics will do better?

I think adding some rtw EB styles would be nice, since they are pretty limited outside skoak.

Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I need your advice. It costs a lot of money to advertise on Styleforum per month. With me having to move to a new apartment and finding new storage as my house is now too small for 400 pairs of shoes, mom's cancer, advertising costs etc it's difficult to consider keep being here when nobody really engages unless I post, or nobody really buys something through SF. It does give me exposure and building a community and good relationship with all of you.

What do you think? Is there something I could improve? Is it the brands that don't interest you? Do you have too many shoes already? Is it the styles? I do have the most unique GMTOs and styles from Carlos Santos, the lowest non vat prices on Crockett & Jones stock program (and pretty much all the others can be sourced in a few days), MTO waived for Paolo Scafora (unreal) etc. Please help me get better, at least before I close the affiliate program for now :)

On good news, as said above the Austerities, Adelaides and Oxfords are on their way the Pre-Order Owners, as well as the Single Monk GMTOs and Dark Brown Reverse Oxford GMTOs. Next week the Handgrade Field Boot GMTOs are coming too. Stock for the first 3 will be updated tomorrow and the new round of Pre-Orders open.

Now, the Carlos Santos 6942 Double Monks in Algarve Patina are stocked in a variety of sizes since they are super popular on the patina service. Find them here:
Better pictures will come in the following weeks.

The Carlos Santos 9156 Field Boot GMTO in Patina is also live until the 15th of October with 2 entries already. Choose from 20 Patinas. These are on the 401 Last, they are super cool.
That's a bummer, and I can imagine being here is not cheap.
I've enjoyed your posts, and engagement here. I've been to your site to look at shoes, and liked a lot of what I've seen.
For me, it just comes down to being an expense for something that doesn't fit the current situation work wise, and going out is not a big option. I hope you find a way to stick around. I'll need some sptds at some point. And an 8th pair of Chelsea's, etc...

Last edited:

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dunno very dificult to tell. I noticed Skoak thread is also pretty much dead too, while not too long ago was one of the hottest thread on SF. I think it is a combination of lot of things and with covid around for some time will not help either. Not a big fan of CS and your PS styles are a bit flamboyant. Maybe if you get some PS classics will do better?

I think adding some rtw EB styles would be nice, since they are pretty limited outside skoak.
I plan to make my own handwelted brand down the line around the 500-700$ so not sure about EB at the moment. Stocking other things is a matter of funds and I have increased my santos stock a lot lately. Add to that that I need to improve my packing box and some things on the website hehe.

I appreciate your feedback, this is what this post was about so I can get better.

That's a bummer, and I can imagine being here is not cheap.
I've enjoyed your posts, and engagement here. I've been to your site to look at shoes, and liked a lot of what I've seen.
For me, it just comes down to being an expense for something that doesn't fit the current situation work wise, and going out is not a big option. I hope you find a way to stick around. I'll need some sptds at some point. And an 8th pair of Chelsea's, ec...
It’s not cheap for sure. I will be around helping people but I don’t know if I can keep up the thread here solo, when the funds could go into advertising elsewhere or improving packing etc.

Thank you both 🙏

soto_nw

Reaction score
So, I need your advice. It costs a lot of money to advertise on Styleforum per month. With me having to move to a new apartment and finding new storage as my house is now too small for 400 pairs of shoes, mom's cancer, advertising costs etc it's difficult to consider keep being here when nobody really engages unless I post, or nobody really buys something through SF. It does give me exposure and building a community and good relationship with all of you.

What do you think? Is there something I could improve? Is it the brands that don't interest you? Do you have too many shoes already? Is it the styles? I do have the most unique GMTOs and styles from Carlos Santos, the lowest non vat prices on Crockett & Jones stock program (and pretty much all the others can be sourced in a few days), MTO waived for Paolo Scafora (unreal) etc. Please help me get better, at least before I close the affiliate program for now :)

On good news, as said above the Austerities, Adelaides and Oxfords are on their way the Pre-Order Owners, as well as the Single Monk GMTOs and Dark Brown Reverse Oxford GMTOs. Next week the Handgrade Field Boot GMTOs are coming too. Stock for the first 3 will be updated tomorrow and the new round of Pre-Orders open.

Now, the Carlos Santos 6942 Double Monks in Algarve Patina are stocked in a variety of sizes since they are super popular on the patina service. Find them here:
Better pictures will come in the following weeks.

The Carlos Santos 9156 Field Boot GMTO in Patina is also live until the 15th of October with 2 entries already. Choose from 20 Patinas. These are on the 401 Last, they are super cool.
This makes me sad, but you need to do what is best for you. I have not bought a pair yet, but have been keeping my eye on your site - Found you via Vladimir Riche on YouTube.

I just haven't bought anything because I'm being very judicious on filling in gaps in my shoe game, which unfortunately is out of your control (I'm also wearing everything less because of Covid). For example, I next plan to buy suede oxfords with thin rubber soles from TLB, for rainy days. I would loooove to find a pair of goodyear welted balmoral/oxford style boots with thin rubber sole (ideally in dark brown or medium-dark brown smooth leather). Cobbler Union and TLB probably have the closest thing to that in RTW, but neither have exactly what I'm looking for.

In any case, I will keep stalking your website, and do plan on purchasing eventually. I hope you're staying strong and that your family does better. My thoughts are with you and your mother Kostas, for what it's worth.

P.S. - You Carlos Santos Single Monkstraps are always suuuuper tempting (one day your offer will line up with my schedule for buying shoes).

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This makes me sad, but you need to do what is best for you. I have not bought a pair yet, but have been keeping my eye on your site - Found you via Vladimir Riche on YouTube.

I just haven't bought anything because I'm being very judicious on filling in gaps in my shoe game, which unfortunately is out of your control (I'm also wearing everything less because of Covid). For example, I next plan to buy suede oxfords with thin rubber soles from TLB, for rainy days. I would loooove to find a pair of goodyear welted balmoral/oxford style boots with thin rubber sole (ideally in dark brown or medium-dark brown smooth leather). Cobbler Union and TLB probably have the closest thing to that in RTW, but neither have exactly what I'm looking for.

In any case, I will keep stalking your website, and do plan on purchasing eventually. I hope you're staying strong and that your family does better. My thoughts are with you and your mother Kostas, for what it's worth.

P.S. - You Carlos Santos Single Monkstraps are always suuuuper tempting (one day your offer will line up with my schedule for buying shoes).
This is coming in a few months. Closed channel leather sole. Possible to install vibram 1.5mm city sole.
136DCD7C-46F7-464C-AC4D-14444E7B6BCC.jpeg
Also, I am not gone yet :) just re-evaluating.

Thanks for the kind words!

soto_nw

Reaction score
This is coming in a few months. Closed channel leather sole. Possible to install vibram 1.5mm city sole.
View attachment 1457237
Also, I am not gone yet :) just re-evaluating.

Thanks for the kind words!
Oooh! That is a beauty....I would prefer full leather, but the color is beautiful, the transition to suede is nice, and appreciate the more silver toned hooks (always prefer over more gold-hued brass)....might need to wait and see them (the desire for thin rubber sole is that I'd wear them on rainy days to work, while wearing a suit).

Though I will keep my eyes on your site for them...soonest I'd purchase a pair of boots is mid-december.

Last edited:

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oooh! That is a beauty....I would prefer full leather, but the color is beautiful, the transition to suede is nice, and appreciate the more silver toned hooks (always prefer over more gold-hued brass)....might need to wait and see them (the desire for thin rubber sole is that I'd wear them on rainy days to work, while wearing a suit).
Well...I could make a GMTO of these again with dainite or ridgeway :)07220F99-43B7-42C1-AE96-18E7574844D5.jpeg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have too many shoes, and PS isn’t exactly my style, or I need to give myself another reason to try thing outside Antonio Meccariello (aesthetic aside sizing is tricky so a bigger hurdle).

The only stuff I tried outside AM has been the up coming Chinese handwelt stuff because its value proposition. It’s hard to sustain a SF thread without constant drop or a decent strong fan base. If it doesn’t make financial sense better put that money else where (FB/IG?), though I would say the most helpful thing about an official thread are

1. Sizing (yes we could email you, but people like to put on here instead, not sure why but I see people do that all the time).

2. Organize GMTO, especially working out which one to finally go with, you need to work to get to a consensus, harder to do on a platform where you just come up with an idea and blast it and hope it stick

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have too many shoes, and PS isn’t exactly my style, or I need to give myself another reason to try thing outside Antonio Meccariello (aesthetic aside sizing is tricky so a bigger hurdle).

The only stuff I tried outside AM has been the up coming Chinese handwelt stuff because its value proposition. It’s hard to sustain a SF thread without constant drop or a decent strong fan base. If it doesn’t make financial sense better put that money else where (FB/IG?), though I would say the most helpful thing about an official thread are

1. Sizing (yes we could email you, but people like to put on here instead, not sure why but I see people do that all the time).

2. Organize GMTO, especially working out which one to finally go with, you need to work to get to a consensus, harder to do on a platform where you just come up with an idea and blast it and hope it stick
Very true, you will be surprised though how many people ask me for sizing through email. I am not that big here I guess yet hehe.

as for the GMTO, again I’d love To but there’s limited action on the thread to make it work.

thanks for the feedback! I am focusing a lot more on data driven analysis now

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you think?
To me the "nobody really buys something through SF" seals it. If the site is not improving business there is no financial justification for continuing it.
It also sounds like you are prioritizing what actually improves your business which is what you should be doing.

Put up the For Sale sign and kiss this site & thread goodbye.

I believe a non-official thread should be able to generate GMTOs. You are also available through email, so anyone here would have access to you. If AM can do it without an official thread and has more business than he can count, then by golly you can as well.

In terms of improvements, I feel like you have done precisely what is required of you. The packing and site could be improved, but you are aware of that. The lineup of shoes outside of CS is varied. Price wise and style wise you have it covered.

As already mentioned, the pandemic discourages purchases because of the unknown and people reassess the "need" for another pair of anything. Once this passes and people return to work, I would imagine business should pick up. Until then, save those pennies for the stuff that matters.

Additionally, you can always come back. It doesn't have to be gone forever. It can be gone for now.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Only thing I would add is check what it means by no one buy through SF, there used to be a lot lurkers who never register. Though I suppose Reddit serve same purpose these days.

though I just did a quick google on “where to buy Carlos Santos” your come up 2nd to their official site, also searches for Carlos Santos Review this thread doesn’t pop (the CS thread did), so I guess this thread is quite hard to reach.

To reach what AM did is not easy though, that was probably a bit lucky accident with his construction being weighted by guys and bunch GMTO through a few of the members. The product itself differentiate a lot more.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Online thing I would add is check what it means by no one buy through SF, there used to be a lot lurkers who never register. Though I suppose Reddit serve same purpose these days.

though I just did a quick google on “where to buy Carlos Santos” your come up 2nd to their official site, also searches for Carlos Santos Review this thread doesn’t pop (the CS thread did), so I guess this thread is quite hard to reach.

To reach what AM did is not easy though, that was probably a bit lucky accident with his construction being weighted by guys and bunch GMTO through a few of the members. The product itself differentiate a lot more.
Definitely AM has had a bit of luck no question about it. Additionally, his product does stand out. Saying that, I would imagine the bulk of his sales are outside of this site.

The other point is you mentioned that the CS thread came up as an avenue for The Noble Shoe to generate business. I would venture to guess the CJ thread is where discussions occur for GMTOs or MTO utilizing the Noble Shoe. IMO, this just reinforces the idea of converting this thread (or an entirely new one) into a fan appreciation thread.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Though I suppose Reddit serve same purpose these days.
Do people actually use Reddit? Is that a thing for some shoe folks? The only other resource used to be Ask Andy site. If no fees are required, perhaps the Noble Shoe can move over to those parts of the sphere.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well my thinking is people going to look for Carlos Santos review, almost no reason to search for Noble Shoe directly unless you saw it on IG.

for example if you search for Antonio Meccariello Review first one showed up is from Reddit

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly Kostas I think you do a fantastic job and it's just a bit of bad luck. I definitely think it's covid suppressing demand for dress shoes, especially for Carlos Santos which are a more entry level option. Additionally, Carlos Santos don't have the same brand recognition that Crockett Jones does, although I would personally prefer a pair in Carlos Santos.

For the crazy shoelovers who are still buying, I think it's the handwelted/bespoke options that are primary options. Paolo Scafora is a great option but I think it will take time for the brand awareness to grow.

I like having the Noble Shoe on SF, but if it's not the most financially sensible thing right now, you could stop for now. I do think you should eventually come back and continue being an affiliate vendor on Styleforum as it's a great place to build a loyal following. Maybe re-evaluate in 8 to 12 months and if cash flow is sufficient for advertising on here.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's