• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Noble Shoe - Carlos Santos, Maftei Vienna, Crockett & Jones, Paolo Scafora - Official Affiliate Thread

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont agree. The standard AM HW line lacks the quality that you see in AM's higher tier. I didn't see the same quality issues on my PS rtw pair.

I do agree with the leather and waist comparisons that you made.
Going on 2nd hand information. Don't have the AM AW or AM Standard HW. The comparison was based on my Aurum and Bespoke, which is why I said it is an unfair comparison.

If the PS surpasses that line as well (AM standard HW), that further makes the case for the value offered by PS against its competitors.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is one correction I need to make.

I mentioned that GG, and EG use the same materials as PS. That would be incorrect. PS does not use a celastic toe puff. They use leather. G&G, EG use a celastic toe stiffeners.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but those quality details make a difference to the shoe enthusiast. Which can now be argued, PS uses better components 😉.

WhyUEarly

Reaction score
This is a good spot to drop in this old Shoegazing blog post showing the dissection of a pair of Paolo Scafora.

It doesn't look like any shortcut has been taken for the internals. The Carmina pales in comparison, especially since they switched to a celastic heel stiffener too.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is a good spot to drop in this old Shoegazing blog post showing the dissection of a pair of Paolo Scafora.

It doesn't look like any shortcut has been taken for the internals. The Carmina pales in comparison, especially since they switched to a celastic heel stiffener too.
I have read this article and was very impressed!

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am now taking ideas for the first GMTO from Paolo Scafora! You guys let me know!! I would like something bi-material to be honest.

Until that, there are two-three GMTOs I will upload on the website soon. Let's take a look at them:

1) Carlos Santos Adelaide in Patina on the 387 Last. Same as the Wine Shadow on my website, albeit not handgrade. Makes it more affordable. I actually have 2 entries in queue. Base Patina Algarve, but I can do any you want. 299$ and free shipping.

Here's a pic of the model:
DSC00700.jpg

2) Carlos Santos 9713 in Patina on the 387 Last: Similar to the TLB Artista Adelaide with a Plain Toe and it is the one the famous CS1942 limited edition is based on. Super nice and clean, aggressive sharp last. Base line or Handgrade, have to decide (what do you think?). Price 299$ or 409$ for Handgrade.

Pic of Model followed by pic of the CS1942). Picture is stock from an online shop (Klijsen Shoes), I will need to ask Ana for more.
9713.JPG

And the CS1942
CS1942.jpg

3) Carlos Santos Handcrafted CS14 on the 401 Last in Bordo Shadow (Deep Burgundy). Other color acceptable. This is a model that Hugo Jacomet said is one of the top styles that should be in a man's wardrobe. It's only fitting I will try to make it in Handcrafted! Price is $599.
CS.JPG

38o3830.jpg

And here's a good look at Bordo Shadow. I think it will be perfect:
Carlos Santos 6942 in Bordo Shadow Patina for The Noble Shoe.jpg

Let me know what you think or tag anyone that might be interested!

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Herewith some 'life' pictures of the CS1942 mentioned by @Noblekostas (I hope you don't mind posting these pictures here):

The box, which contains a tin of cream, a shoe horn and a key ring. Very nice touch
View attachment 1418012

The certificate:
View attachment 1418013

Sleek profile, indeed quite agressive, with blue shoe tree:
View attachment 1418011

The blue sole, very nice
View attachment 1418010

cheers, Wienand
It was a fantastic deal for the price, and it’s a super limited edition! The sole color is unique to this model and they don’t really do elsewhere. Until Wienand showed me I didn’t know they give a certificate, it’s a great little thing

lartiste

Reaction score
Herewith some 'life' pictures of the CS1942 mentioned by @Noblekostas (I hope you don't mind posting these pictures here):

The box, which contains a tin of cream, a shoe horn and a key ring. Very nice touch
View attachment 1418012

The certificate:
View attachment 1418013

Sleek profile, indeed quite agressive, with blue shoe tree:
View attachment 1418011

The blue sole, very nice
View attachment 1418010

cheers, Wienand
@Noblekostas

These are available or were MTO?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Noblekostas

These are available or were MTO?
The Brown Adelaide is a frequent GMTO, and the pictures were from the result!

The second one has not been done yet, and will be an MTO as soon as I can!

The third has already been made as an MTO for a client and in production (so no real photos as of yet) but I think it will be a very exciting addition!

Ranjeev

Reaction score
I think I may get the first one. Need to check the collection and want list for captoes. I love the third one but won't wear it enough to justify the handcrafted price even though it looks amazing. At $299 I would definitely get at least 1 pair.

Great to see the business doing well. I'm for sure going to make a purchase at some point.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think I may get the first one. Need to check the collection and want list for captoes. I love the third one but won't wear it enough to justify the handcrafted price even though it looks amazing. At $299 I would definitely get at least 1 pair.

Great to see the business doing well. I'm for sure going to make a purchase at some point.
I will upload them by tomorrow, the first Adelaide has two entries already so it will be great! It will run for a month

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Adelaide in Algarve is now uploaded!

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The V-Front Handcrafted Derby in Bordo Shadow is now Uploaded! Hustling so much!

And here's a snippet of the upcoming YouTube video of the Paolo Scafora Wholecut Showcase!
PS.jpg

Mercurio

Reaction score
Back up, need to fix the ambient noise thing, but it's getting there.

I really expected to see the shoes interior, so I waited until the end the moment when you were going to take out the lasted shoe trees... but it never happened.

I feel that it's very important for potential customers to have an idea of the insole, lining, borders, heel cup, branding and all the subtle details that I know would be there but that you didn't show us. On the other hand, not every pair of shoes come with lasted trees, so that would be another interesting detail to see their design and to know which kind of wood was used, among other subtleties.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.