• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Noble Shoe - Carlos Santos, Maftei Vienna, Crockett & Jones, Paolo Scafora - Official Affiliate Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
now if you wants stay Norwegian then my proposition would be a chukka in the calf equivalent of #8 shell (color wise)

deez shoes

Reaction score
I agree on the PS/AM comparison. Though the lasts are different, they both have similar tier structures and pricing appeared to be all over the place. That's probably why PS didn't catch on earlier. Well that and also because they weren't previously marketed very well.

It wasn't until recently that I noticed PS taking better control of his pricing structure. Though I would say that PS has better QC than AM. You don't get the same level of QC from AM unless you go high on the HW tier (i.e. Aurum and possibly Tacticuss or whatever it's called). PS appears to deliver the same QC across the board.

PS just needs good marketing. I believe that Kostas is his guy for that. The guy has a PhD in peer pressure. 😁

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I agree on the PS/AM comparison. Though the lasts are different, they both have similar tier structures and pricing appeared to be all over the place. That's probably why PS didn't catch on earlier. Well that and also because they weren't previously marketed very well.

It wasn't until recently that I noticed PS taking better control of his pricing structure. Though I would say that PS has better QC than AM. You don't get the same level of QC from AM unless you go high on the HW tier (i.e. Aurum and possibly Tacticuss or whatever it's called). PS appears to deliver the same QC across the board.

PS just needs good marketing. I believe that Kostas is his guy for that. The guy has a PhD in peer pressure. 😁
Ha thanks! I do my best with my limited resources.

I agree on the price tiers, I think PS is doing well in their own channels but it's like Santos, they haven't really gotten it out there. From this whole journey I have found marketing and paid advertising to be the hardest thing.

deez shoes

Reaction score
Ha thanks! I do my best with my limited resources.

I agree on the price tiers, I think PS is doing well in their own channels but it's like Santos, they haven't really gotten it out there. From this whole journey I have found marketing and paid advertising to be the hardest thing.
It is difficult but access to Styleforum helps out A LOT.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It is difficult but access to Styleforum helps out A LOT.
True, but it costs A LOT for a one man business like mine to be here. A LOT! But it is more about building a community and exposure for me here. It is good that there are more enthusiasts here, maybe I should comment on other threads a bit more.

deez shoes

Reaction score
True, but it costs A LOT for a one man business like mine to be here. A LOT! But it is more about building a community and exposure for me here. It is good that there are more enthusiasts here, maybe I should comment on other threads a bit more.
True. I have heard about SF pricing from other sources. It's truly a "Jack and the beanstalk" proposition...Blindly throw most of your money in one place with the hopes of getting a golden egg in return. Not an easy thing to do, especially when you are just starting up.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FIY we can do even shell cordovan, but it costs an arm and a leg
I actually dislike shell, but I do like the tone of color 8 because I think it's versatile, alternatively I would say in some kind dark brown grain

edit: think CJ Brecon but with Norwegian welt

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't have Aurum, the only issue I ever had with Argentum (all GMTO, both AW and HW) were like excess thread at back side of the vamp that you had trim (and that was like a five second job, though yes annoying to see it)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to realize that you are one complicated person! 🙆😂😂
He's not at all complicated.

It's like that person ordering just in front of you at the local Starbucks.
You know that person that wants their
Cinnamon Dolce Latte iced but still warm to the touch, 5 shots of venti, 4.5 pumps vanilla, 1.5 pumps of Caramel, the cinnamon spread not clumped, 4 Stevias but making sure that the packages weren't immediately following each other, shaken but immediately poured as the shaking is happening.

That's all. That's like so simple.

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
I only own about 15 pairs of shoes. Wife (who is Japanese, if that plays a part) threatened to divorce me (not sure whether she was kidding or not) if I did not sell off 3/4 of my "collection."

Sigh... happy wife happy life, right?

lartiste

Reaction score
I only own about 15 pairs of shoes. Wife (who is Japanese, if that plays a part) threatened to divorce me (not sure whether she was kidding or not) if I did not sell off 3/4 of my "collection."
I have about 40 pairs and my wife is just fine with that, eventhough I have more shoes, than she has :D . But I think even she is close to 30 pairs. How many pairs your wife has?

lartiste

Reaction score
My wife has 5 pairs of shoes... lol. My daughter probably has about 10 (can blame Disney princess movies for that).
You have to buy some pairs for your wife too ;) . But I understand, that if she is not into shoes or fashion in general it is difficult to explain.

May be you can convince her, that life with you when you are happy with your collection s much easier than when you are unhappy. :)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.